From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Route 66's Famous Fried Onion burger
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 07:21:44 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 14:21 UTC

In El Reno, a small industrial town just west of Oklahoma City on
Oklahoma's portion of Route 66, Sid's Diner is hopping during lunch.
With the sharp smell of crisping onions and burger grease in the air,
most of the diners in the joint are munching down on a sandwich that
was born out of poverty but made famous by love.

Adam, the second-generation owner at Sid's Diner, taking over from his
father Marty Hall, is working the flat iron grill. He presses the
patty of beef mince made juicy with a mess of sweet onion slivers onto
the searing heat. As meat cooks to a nice crispy crust, he flips the
burger onion-side down, letting the grease and the grill cast the
magic of caramelisation.

Marty figures he's flipped five million burgers in his life. He's made
a living out of cooking the famous Oklahoma fried onion burger, a thin
patty of beef filled with grilled, caramelised onion served on a
flat-grill crispy bun. He's even designed his own "onion burger
spatula", handmade from a masonry trowel.

Read more:
https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/20230626-the-depression-burger-of-route-66

Here's a photo of this big hot juicy bastard:
https://ychef.files.bbci.co.uk/1024x1280/p0fw57kk.webp

Re: Route 66's Famous Fried Onion burger

<k8on9ituqjs5c88stq70k5qak10cp0c86b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13130&group=alt.food.fast-food#13130

From: k...@7.net (K_Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Re: Route 66's Famous Fried Onion burger
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2023 00:28:34 -0700
 by: K_Wills - Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:28 UTC

On Tue, 27 Jun 2023 07:21:44 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>In El Reno, a small industrial town just west of Oklahoma City on
>Oklahoma's portion of Route 66, Sid's Diner is hopping during lunch.
>With the sharp smell of crisping onions and burger grease in the air,
>most of the diners in the joint are munching down on a sandwich that
>was born out of poverty but made famous by love.
>
>Adam, the second-generation owner at Sid's Diner, taking over from his
>father Marty Hall, is working the flat iron grill. He presses the
>patty of beef mince made juicy with a mess of sweet onion slivers onto
>the searing heat. As meat cooks to a nice crispy crust, he flips the
>burger onion-side down, letting the grease and the grill cast the
>magic of caramelisation.
>
>Marty figures he's flipped five million burgers in his life. He's made
>a living out of cooking the famous Oklahoma fried onion burger, a thin
>patty of beef filled with grilled, caramelised onion served on a
>flat-grill crispy bun. He's even designed his own "onion burger
>spatula", handmade from a masonry trowel.
>
>Read more:
>https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/20230626-the-depression-burger-of-route-66
>
>Here's a photo of this big hot juicy bastard:
>https://ychef.files.bbci.co.uk/1024x1280/p0fw57kk.webp

I don't care for the mouth feel of onions. So I wouldn't likely
enjoy it. But it does look pretty tasty.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Re: Route 66's Famous Fried Onion burger