From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: alt.christnet,alt.bible,alt.messianic,alt.religion.christian.biblestudy,alt.religion.christian
Subject: Day 117 of My 4th Bible Study Journey
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:31:56 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 12:31 UTC

Day 117, 26 April 2024

1) Psalms 81,88,92,93

PSALMS 81

For the Music Director. According to The Gittith. A Psalm of Asaph.

1 Sing aloud unto God our strength;
make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob.
2 (Ps 63:1; 84:2) Lift up a melody, and sound the tambourine,
the pleasant lyre with the harp.
3 (Ps 79:10; 80:5) Blow the trumpet at the New Moon,
at the full moon on our feast day.
4 (Isa 30:29; Ps 62:8) For this is a statute for Israel,
a decree of the God of Jacob.
5 (Ps 42:11; 43:5) This He ordained in Joseph as a decree
when He went out against the land of Egypt.
I heard a voice that I had not known:
6 (2Sa 17:22; Dt 3:8-9) "I removed his shoulder from the burden;
his hands were released from holding the basket.
7 (Ps 88:7; Jnh 2:3) You called in trouble, and I delivered you;
I answered you in the secret place of thunder;
I tested you at the waters of Meribah. Selah
8 (Job 35:10; Ps 63:6) Hear, O My people, and I will testify against you.
O Israel, if you would listen to me!
9 (Ps 38:6; 18:2) There shall be no strange god among you;
neither shall you bow down to any strange god.
10 (Ps 42:3; Joel 2:17) I am the Lord your God,
who brought you out of the land of Egypt;
open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.
11 (Ps 42:5; 43:5) "But My people would not listen to My voice;
Israel would not submit to Me.
12 So I gave them up to their stubborn hearts,
to walk in their own counsels.
13 "Oh, that My people would listen to Me,
and Israel would follow in My ways!
14 I would soon subdue their enemies,
and turn My hand against their adversaries.
15 Let those who hate the Lord cower before Him
and their fate might last forever.
16 But I would feed them with the finest of wheat,
and with honey out of the rock I would satisfy you."

Psalm 81
[1] Sing aloud unto God our strength: make a joyful noise unto the God of
Jacob.
[2] Take a psalm, and bring hither the timbrel, the pleasant harp with the
psaltery.
[3] Blow up the trumpet in the new moon, in the time appointed, on our
solemn feast day.
[4] For this was a statute for Israel, and a law of the God of Jacob.
[5] This he ordained in Joseph for a testimony, when he went out through the
land of Egypt: where I heard a language that I understood not.
[6] I removed his shoulder from the burden: his hands were delivered from
the pots.
[7] Thou calledst in trouble, and I delivered thee; I answered thee in the
secret place of thunder: I proved thee at the waters of Meribah. Selah.
[8] Hear, O my people, and I will testify unto thee: O Israel, if thou wilt
hearken unto me;
[9] There shall no strange god be in thee; neither shalt thou worship any
strange god.
[10] I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt:
open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.
[11] But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of
me.
[12] So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust: and they walked in their
own counsels.
[13] Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my
ways!
[14] I should soon have subdued their enemies, and turned my hand against
their adversaries.
[15] The haters of the LORD should have submitted themselves unto him: but
their time should have endured for ever.
[16] He should have fed them also with the finest of the wheat: and with
honey out of the rock should I have satisfied thee.

PSALMS 88

For the Music Director. A Song. A Psalm of the sons of Korah. To the melody
of "Suffering of Affliction." A Contemplative Maskil of Heman the Ezrahite.

1 O Lord, God of my salvation,
I cry out day and night before You.
2 (Ps 63:1; 84:2) Let my prayer come before You;
incline Your ear to my cry.
3 (Ps 79:10; 80:5) For my soul is full of troubles,
and my life draws near to Sheol.
4 (Isa 30:29; Ps 62:8) I am counted with those who go down to the grave;
I am a man who has no strength,
5 (Ps 42:11; 43:5) like one who is set free among the dead,
like the slain who lie in the grave,
like those whom You remember no more,
for they are cut off from Your hand.
6 (2Sa 17:22; Dt 3:8-9) You have laid me in the depths of the pit,
in dark and deep regions.
7 (Ps 88:7; Jnh 2:3) Your wrath lies heavy upon me,
and You have afflicted me with all Your waves. Selah
8 (Job 35:10; Ps 63:6) You have caused my companions to be far from me;
You have made me an abomination to them;
I am shut up, and I cannot escape;
9 (Ps 38:6; 18:2) my eye is dim from my affliction.
Lord, I call daily upon You,
and I have stretched out my hands to You.
10 (Ps 42:3; Joel 2:17) Will You show wonders to the dead?
Shall the dead rise up to praise You? Selah
11 (Ps 42:5; 43:5) Shall Your lovingkindness be declared in the grave,
or your faithfulness in Abaddon?
12 Shall Your wonders be known in the darkness
or Your righteousness in the land of forgetfulness?
13 But unto You have I cried, O Lord,
and in the morning my prayer comes before You.
14 O Lord, why do You cast away my soul?
Why do You hide Your face from me?
15 I am afflicted and close to death since my youth;
while I suffer Your terrors I am helpless.
16 Your fierce wrath sweeps over me;
Your terrors destroy me.
17 They come around me daily like a flood;
they encircle me together.
18 You have caused to be far from me my lovers and friends,
and my companion is darkness.

Psalm 88
[1] O LORD God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee:
[2] Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry;
[3] For my soul is full of troubles: and my life draweth nigh unto the
grave.
[4] I am counted with them that go down into the pit: I am as a man that
hath no strength:
[5] Free among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom thou
rememberest no more: and they are cut off from thy hand.
[6] Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, in darkness, in the deeps.
[7] Thy wrath lieth hard upon me, and thou hast afflicted me with all thy
waves. Selah.
[8] Thou hast put away mine acquaintance far from me; thou hast made me an
abomination unto them: I am shut up, and I cannot come forth.
[9] Mine eye mourneth by reason of affliction: LORD, I have called daily
upon thee, I have stretched out my hands unto thee.
[10] Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise
thee? Selah.
[11] Shall thy lovingkindness be declared in the grave? or thy faithfulness
in destruction?
[12] Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? and thy righteousness in the
land of forgetfulness?
[13] But unto thee have I cried, O LORD; and in the morning shall my prayer
prevent thee.
[14] LORD, why castest thou off my soul? why hidest thou thy face from me?
[15] I am afflicted and ready to die from my youth up: while I suffer thy
terrors I am distracted.
[16] Thy fierce wrath goeth over me; thy terrors have cut me off.
[17] They came round about me daily like water; they compassed me about
together.
[18] Lover and friend hast thou put far from me, and mine acquaintance into
darkness.

PSALMS 92

A Psalm. A Song for the Sabbath day.

1 It is good to give thanks to the Lord,
and to sing praises unto Your name, O Most High:
2 (Ps 63:1; 84:2) to declare forth Your lovingkindness in the morning
and Your faithfulness in the night,
3 (Ps 79:10; 80:5) on a ten-stringed lute and on the harp,
and on the lyre with a solemn sound.
4 (Isa 30:29; Ps 62:8) For you, O Lord, have made me glad through Your work;
I will sing joyfully at the works of Your hands.
5 (Ps 42:11; 43:5) O Lord, how great are Your works!
Your thoughts are very deep!
6 (2Sa 17:22; Dt 3:8-9) A brutish man does not recognize,
neither does the fool understand this.
7 (Ps 88:7; Jnh 2:3) Though the wicked spring up as the grass
and all those who do iniquity flourish,
they shall be destroyed forever:
8 (Job 35:10; Ps 63:6) But You, O Lord, are on high forever.
9 (Ps 38:6; 18:2) For Your enemies, O Lord,
for Your enemies shall perish;
all those who do iniquity shall be scattered.
10 (Ps 42:3; Joel 2:17) But my horn You have exalted
like the horn of the wild ox;
You have anointed me with fresh oil.
11 (Ps 42:5; 43:5) My eyes also shall see the downfall of my enemies,
and my ears shall hear the doom of my wicked adversaries.
12 The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree
and grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13 Those that are planted in the house of the Lord
shall flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age;
they shall be filled with vitality and foliage,
15 to show that the Lord is upright;
He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.

Psalm 92
[1] It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises
unto thy name, O most High:
[2] To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness
every night,
[3] Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp
with a solemn sound.
[4] For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in
the works of thy hands.
[5] O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
[6] A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.
[7] When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of
iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:
[8] But thou, LORD, art most high for evermore.
[9] For, lo, thine enemies, O LORD, for, lo, thine enemies shall perish;
all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.
[10] But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be
anointed with fresh oil.
[11] Mine eye also shall see my desire on mine enemies, and mine ears shall
hear my desire of the wicked that rise up against me.
[12] The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a
cedar in Lebanon.
[13] Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the
courts of our God.
[14] They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and
flourishing;
[15] To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no
unrighteousness in him.

Click here to read the complete article

interests / alt.bible / Day 117 of My 4th Bible Study Journey