From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Former Japanese Prime Minister Abe possibly shot (fwd)
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 03:20:33 +0000
 by: danny burstein - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 03:20 UTC

[twitter]

NHK WORLD News
@NHKWORLD_News
Former #Japanese Prime Minister #Abe #Shinzo collapsed during a speech in the
city of #Nara, in western #Japan. Initial reports say he may have been injured.
An #NHK reporter on site heard something that sounded like a gunshot, and saw
Abe bleedin
====
no additional info yet... breaking news...
dannyb@panix.com

Re: Former Japanese Prime Minister Abe possibly shot (fwd)

<ta8dr0$1fmt$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13276&group=alt.obituaries#13276

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 22:04:32 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 05:04 UTC

Officials report "no vital signs"

Almost certainly means he's died.

Re: Former Japanese Prime Minister Abe assasinated

<ta90av$mfce$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13278&group=alt.obituaries#13278

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Re: Former Japanese Prime Minister Abe assasinated
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 10:19:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 10:19 UTC

danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

>[twitter]

>NHK WORLD News
>@NHKWORLD_News
>Former #Japanese Prime Minister #Abe #Shinzo collapsed during a speech in the
>city of #Nara, in western #Japan. Initial reports say he may have been injured.
>An #NHK reporter on site heard something that sounded like a gunshot, and saw
>Abe bleedin
> ====
>no additional info yet... breaking news...

Reuters is reporting that he died and that it was with a home-made gun.

Police said a 41-year-old man suspected of carrying out the
shooting had been arrested. NHK quoted the suspect, identified
as Tetsuya Yamagami, as telling police he was dissatisfied with
Abe and wanted to kill him.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/japan-ex-prime-minister-abe-may-have-been-shot-taken-hospital-nhk-2022-07-08/

Here's AP:

https://apnews.com/article/japan-shinzo-abe-shooting-22ec2248d92304deb9cc46b2142402d2

NHK's own Web site shows me English language.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/