Newsgroups: soc.culture.china
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 10:59:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: More of my philosophy about technology and about artificial
intelligence and more of my thoughts..
From: amine...@gmail.com (Amine Moulay Ramdane)
 by: Amine Moulay Ramdane - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 17:59 UTC

Hello,

More of my philosophy about technology and about artificial intelligence and more of my thoughts..

I invite you to look at the following interesting video:

New DeepMind’s AI Made a Breakthrough in Computer Science!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbSC7ysJ1OE

And the new Aurora supercomputer will be handy for handling workloads involving massive datasets, such as nuclear fusion research, scientific engineering, physical simulations, cure research, weather forecasting, and other tasks.

Read more here about it:

And 2 ExaFLOPS Aurora Supercomputer Is Ready: Intel Max Series CPUs and GPUs Inside

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/2-exaflops-aurora-supercomputer-is-ready

And Intel aims for Zettaflops by 2027, pushes Aurora above 2 Exaflops

Read more here:

https://www.nextplatform.com/2021/10/27/intel-aims-for-zettaflops-by-2027-pushes-aurora-above-2-exaflops/

And more of my philosophy about Zettascale and Exascale supercomputers and about quantum computers and about technology and more of my thoughts..

"Businesses in, for example, finance, logistics, and energy, will benefit hugely from quantum’s applications for optimization, simulation, and forecasting. And one potential application of quantum computing that is exciting is in drug discovery and diagnostics. These quantum advantages largely depend on quantum’s elevated computing power which could enable physicians and researchers to solve problems which are otherwise intractable with classical computers. Notably, this includes the potential to simulate very large, complex molecules, which are actually quantum systems, meaning that a quantum computer can more effectively predict the properties, behaviours and interactions of those molecules at an atomic level. This has huge implications for identifying new drug candidates, the future of personalised medicine, and the ability to assess for abnormalities in tissues which cannot be discerned with the naked eye – or with current computational methods."

Read more here:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/quantum-its-all-computing-stuart-woods/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_ios&utm_campaign=share_via&fbclid=IwAR1JC8rIUmzUvD-YcRFRc-iEwRdZZ2rRYfHZcgRih8u8Lm2NO_RRV36WmHI

And i invite you to read the following interesting article:

Quantum computers are coming. Get ready for them to change everything

https://www.zdnet.com/article/quantum-computers-are-coming-get-ready-for-them-to-change-everything/

And there is also another way of attaining Zettascale and it is with Quantum-classical hybrid systems , and read about it here:

PREPARING FOR UPCOMING HYBRID CLASSICAL-QUANTUM COMPUTE

https://www.nextplatform.com/2023/03/23/preparing-for-upcoming-hybrid-classical-quantum-compute/

And of course we need Zettascale or ZettaFLOP so that Metaverse be possible, and as you notice the article below, with of Intel’s Raja Koduri talking, says that the architecture is possible and it will be ready around 2027 or 2030 and it is the following:

An architecture jump of 16x, power and thermals are 2x, data movement is 3x, and process is 5x. That is about 500x, on top of the two ExaFLOP Aurora system, gets to a ZettaFLOP.

Interview with Intel’s Raja Koduri: Zettascale or ZettaFLOP? Metaverse what?

Read more here:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/17298/interview-with-intels-raja-koduri-zettascale-or-zettaflop-metaverse-what

More of philosophy about China and Exascale supercomputers..

China has already reached Exascale - on two separate systems

Read more here:

https://www.nextplatform.com/2021/10/26/china-has-already-reached-exascale-on-two-separate-systems/

And in USA Intel's Aurora Supercomputer Now Expected to Exceed 2 ExaFLOPS Performance

Read more here:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/17037/aurora-supercomputer-now-expected-to-exceed-2-exaflops-performance

But Exascale or Zettascale supercomputers will also allow to construct an accurate map of the brain that allows to "reverse" engineer or understand the brain, read the following so that to notice it:

“If we don’t improve today’s technology, the compute time for a whole
mouse brain would be something like 1,000,000 days of work on current
supercomputers. Using all of Aurora, if everything worked beautifully,
it could still take 1,000 days.” Nicola Ferrier, Argonne senior computer
scientist

Read more here so that to understand:

https://www.anl.gov/article/preparing-for-exascale-argonnes-aurora-supercomputer-to-drive-brain-map-construction

Also Exascale supercomputers will allow researchers to tackle problems
which were impossible to simulate using the previous generation of
machines, due to the massive amounts of data and calculations involved.

Small modular nuclear reactor (SMR) design, wind farm optimization and
cancer drug discovery are just a few of the applications that are
priorities of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Exascale Computing
Project. The outcomes of this project will have a broad impact and
promise to fundamentally change society, both in the U.S. and abroad.

Read more here:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/opinion-exascale-computing-1.5382505

Also the goal of delivering safe, abundant, cheap energy from fusion is
just one of many challenges in which exascale computing’s power may
prove decisive. That’s the hope and expectation. Also to know more about
the other benefits of using Exascale computing power, read more here:

https://www.hpcwire.com/2019/05/07/ten-great-reasons-among-many-more-to-build-the-1-5-exaflops-frontier/

And I have just said, before reading the following article, the following about Intel company from USA:

"And you have to know that in the quarter, Intel’s sales across all product lines fell by 36.2 percent to $11.721 billion, but i think that Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger is still optimistic and he insists that Intel plan to grow a whopping foundry business will pay off, and he also believes that the PC market will rebound at some point, and Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger is also optimistic about the process and server processor roadmaps, read more here about it: https://www.nextplatform.com/2023/03/31/finally-some-good-news-for-the-intel-xeon-cpu-roadmap/, so i think we have to be optimistic about Intel , and i invite you to read the other following article so that to understand more:

https://www.theregister.com/2023/04/28/intel_28b_loss/ "

So you can read carefully the following new article so that you understand more about this subject of the the recovering of the AMD and Intel CPU Market:

AMD and Intel CPU Market Share Report: Recovery on the Horizon

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-and-intel-cpu-market-share-report-recovery-looms-on-the-horizon

And of course, i have just talked about quantum computers in my below previous thoughts, but i think i have to explain something important so that you understand: So for a parallel computer, we need to have one billion different processors. But in a quantum computer, a single register can perform a billion computations since a qubit of a register of a quantum computer can be both in two states 1 and 0, this is known as quantum parallelism, but connecting quantum computing to "Moore's Law" is sort of foolish -- it's not an all-purpose technique for faster computers, but a limited technique that makes certain types of specialized problems easier, while leaving most of the things we actually use computers for unaffected.

So I think i am highly smart since I have passed two certified IQ tests and i have scored "above" 115 IQ, so i have just talked about artificial intelligence and about my new model of what is consciousness, read about it in my below thoughts, and now i will talk about quantum computing, so i have just looked at the following video about the powerful parallel quantum computer of IBM from USA that will be soon available in the cloud, and i invite you to look at it:

Quantum Computing: Now widely available!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laqpfQ8-jFI

But i have just read the following paper and it is saying that the powerful Quantum algorithms for matrix operations and linear systems of equations are available, so as you notice in the following paper that many matrix operations and also the linear systems of equations solver can be done in a quantum computer, read about it here in the following paper:

Quantum algorithms for matrix operations and linear systems of equations

Read more here:

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2202.04888.pdf

So i think that IBM will do the same for there powerful parallel quantum computer that will be available in the cloud, but i think that you will have to pay for it since i think it will be commercial, but i think that there is a weakness with this kind of configuration of the powerful quantum computer from IBM, since the cost of bandwidth of internet is exponentially decreasing , but the latency of accessing the internet is not, so it is why i think that people will still use classical computers for many mathematical applications that uses mathematical operations such as matrix operations and linear systems of equations etc. and that needs a much faster latency, so i think that the business of classical computers will still be great in the future even with the coming of the powerful parallel quantum computer of IBM, so as you notice this kind of business of quantum computers is also dependent on the latency of accessing internet, and speaking about latency , i invite you to look at the following interesting video about the latency numbers programmer should know:

Click here to read the complete article