From: z24ba6....@nowhere (1667p1)
Subject: Re: In Deference To His Climate Agenda, Biden Has Increased Fuel
Efficiency Standards For New Vehicles
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 20:46:50 -0500
 by: 1667p1 - Tue, 21 Dec 2021 01:46 UTC

On 12/20/21 1:18 PM, Walt In Seattle wrote:
> https://apnews.com/article/climate-joe-biden-fuel-economy-vehicle-mileage-standards-348bb3368036eb504f3b138a680739c7

Nothing wrong with more efficient engines - IF the
engines can still do what's needed of them and are
still affordable/reliable.

Alas I think it is the goal of the eco-fanatics to
legislate automobiles out of existence by drifting
towards requirements that CANNOT meet the above
criteria. Leftists hate mobility, they want to herd
everyone into busses so they can keep them near home
and keep track of everyones movements. All electric
autos currently fit into that model - rather short
range and very slow to recharge. In such a world
nobody can GO to Kansas to see what's going on,
they have to rely on the govt/Woke-managed "news"
instead.

So, be a bit wary of honey-coated bait ... there's
often a steel trap involved as well.

Next they'll decide the internet uses too much fuel ...
put strict limits on bytes downloaded (with certain
discounts for approved outlets, of course).

Re: In Deference To His Climate Agenda, Biden Has Increased Fuel Efficiency Standards For New Vehicles

<Ab-dnQNQTqQeP1_8nZ2dnUU7-dnNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13629&group=alt.politics#13629

Efficiency Standards For New Vehicles
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics,alt.politics.usa
From: z24ba6....@nowhere (1667p1)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 22:58:57 -0500
 by: 1667p1 - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 03:58 UTC

On 12/21/21 1:07 PM, Walt In Seattle wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 8:03:32 AM UTC-8, 1667p1 wrote:

>>> If you believe all of this.......
>> Oops ! Did you hit your eco-friendly byte limit ? :-)
>>
>> I am not a conspiracy theorist. I mention additional
>> factors that get mixed into the whole GW thing. The
>> desires of fanatics - eco and political - ARE in that
>> cocktail. Beware of them. Evil can piggyback on seemingly
>> good causes.
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/talk.politics.misc/c/TZeD8MpTqho/m/zZCpEvnhBAAJ
>
> https://groups.google.com/g/talk.politics.misc/c/TZeD8MpTqho/m/mpTAC7aHDQAJ

I agree that GW, as it's developed as an "issue"/"cause", is
10% real and 90% politics. It serves many masters. Some are
earnest, some are fanatics, some are pols and biz seeking
means to power and wealth. I'm not sure if the word "cocktail"
really describes it properly - more like "witches brew". Just
another aspect of our increasingly divisive and fanatical
culture. Fanatics PRO, fanatics CON, Truth difficult to
find and very rarely the prime motivation.

DO re-read (read?) Machiavelli. 'Prince' is rather basic,
'Discourses' is far better - the WHY behind the advice
in 'Prince'.

If you ever think you've found a "pure" cause that touches
the realm of politics then YOU HAVE IT WRONG.