Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphow...@usermail.com (Frank Howell)
Subject: OT~_NASA’s_moon_rocket_will_cost_taxpayers_billio
ns_more
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 20:15:38 -0800
 by: Frank Howell - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 04:15 UTC

“We found that the first four Artemis missions will each cost $4.1
billion per launch, a price tag that strikes us as unsustainable,” NASA
Inspector General Paul Martin said.

In 2012, shortly after SLS was announced, NASA officials estimated that
each mission would cost about $500 million — with the rocket targeting a
2017 debut. Today, the cost has ballooned eightfold, according to the
NASA auditor.

But according to Boeing:Boeing, in a statement to CNBC, responded to
Martin’s criticism by saying the Artemis program is more cost efficient
than its Space Shuttle and Apollo predecessors.

Ah but the space shuttle and Apollo were built on lies and massive cost
overruns.

“When adjusted for inflation, NASA has developed SLS for a quarter of
the cost of the Saturn V and half the cost of the Space Shuttle ... for
less than the average annual spending on Space Shuttle operations,” the
company said.

But but the SLS has not flown since announced in 2012. The savings are
imaginary but the costs are real.

https://tinyurl.com/yayavzhv
--
Frank Howell