Most of our lives are about proving something, either to ourselves or to someone else.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads toGeorge .Anthony
+* Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov.bfh
|`* Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov.kmiller
| `* Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov.bfh
|  `* Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov.MR
|   `- Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov.bfh
`* Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads toGeorge .Anthony
 +* Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov.MR
 |`* Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads toGeorge .Anthony
 | `- Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov.George Anthony
 +- Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads toGeorge .Anthony
 `- Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov.Dusty

1
Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown

<svu66h$1emg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13695&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#13695

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George .Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 23:09:05 -0000 (UTC)
 by: George .Anthony - Fri, 4 Mar 2022 23:09 UTC

Technobarbarian <technobarbarian-ztopzpam@gmail.com> wrote:

> I expect that she will sign this soon. They're hoping to put a
> dent in our driving while not White problem.
>
> Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown
>
> "Senate Bill 1510 also provides grant money for social services and
> alters restrictions for people on probation or parole.
>
> Oregon police will soon be unable to pull over motorists solely because
> they have a burnt out headlight, tail light or brake light, in a bill
> advocates say will cut down on frivolous stops of people of color.

I was not aware that white peoples’ cars don’t burn out light bulbs.

> Senate Bill 1510, passed out of the Oregon House on a 34-24 vote after
> lengthy debate Thursday. It now heads to the desk of Gov. Kate Brown
> and, if signed, will take effect immediately.
>
> A year in the making, SB 1510 is a pared-back version of a bill
> advocates hoped to pass during last year’s session. And while it’s
> gained most attention for its provisions around traffic stops,
> proponents say the legislation will help address broader racial
> inequities in Oregon’s justice system.

Race, race, race!

> Other provisions require officers to inform motorists they have the
> right to decline a search of their vehicle and to obtain written or
> recorded documentation that a driver consented to a search. It also
> modifies the conditions that can be set for people on parole and
> probation and steers $10 million toward helping groups
> disproportionately impacted by the justice system access housing and
> social services.
>
> “At its core, each policy included in this bill will make Oregon’s
> criminal justice system more equitable and enhance community safety
> across the state,” said state Rep. Janelle Bynum, D-Clackamas, who is
> Black.

You have to be shitting me.

“Many of my colleagues in this chamber do not have the lived
> experience of negative interactions with law enforcement, and thank God
> you don’t.”"
> [snip]

Don’t break the law and you won’t have to worry about interactions,
negative or otherwise, with the police.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvMc-K8XHY

--
“End of quote” - Joe Biden

Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown

<tVyUJ.70158$m1S7.48071@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13697&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#13697

Subject: Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov.
Kate Brown
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 20:20:25 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 01:20 UTC

George.Anthony wrote:
> Technobarbarian <technobarbarian-ztopzpam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I expect that she will sign this soon. They're hoping to put a
>> dent in our driving while not White problem.
>>
>> Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown
>>
>> "Senate Bill 1510 also provides grant money for social services and
>> alters restrictions for people on probation or parole.
>>
>> Oregon police will soon be unable to pull over motorists solely because
>> they have a burnt out headlight, tail light or brake light, in a bill
>> advocates say will cut down on frivolous stops of people of color.
>
> I was not aware that white peoples’ cars don’t burn out light bulbs.

We have access to entitled bulbs.

--
bill

Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown

<raSdnRn4eYhSVb__nZ2dnUU7-aWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13702&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#13702

Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 18:20:02 -0800
Kate Brown
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 02:20 UTC

On 3/4/2022 5:20 PM, bfh wrote:
> George.Anthony wrote:
>> Technobarbarian <technobarbarian-ztopzpam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>       I expect that she will sign this soon. They're hoping to put a
>>> dent in our driving while not White problem.
>>>
>>> Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate
>>> Brown
>>>
>>> "Senate Bill 1510 also provides grant money for social services and
>>> alters restrictions for people on probation or parole.
>>>
>>> Oregon police will soon be unable to pull over motorists solely because
>>> they have a burnt out headlight, tail light or brake light, in a bill
>>> advocates say will cut down on frivolous stops of people of color.
>>
>> I was not aware that white peoples’ cars don’t burn out light bulbs.
>
> We have access to entitled bulbs.

Dim bulbs.

<snip>

Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown

<svuhe6$up0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13703&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#13703

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George .Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 02:20:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: George .Anthony - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 02:20 UTC

Technobarbarian <technobarbarian-ztopzpam@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/4/2022 3:09 PM, George.Anthony wrote:
>> Technobarbarian <technobarbarian-ztopzpam@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I expect that she will sign this soon. They're hoping to put a
>>> dent in our driving while not White problem.
>>>
>>> Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown
>>>
>>> "Senate Bill 1510 also provides grant money for social services and
>>> alters restrictions for people on probation or parole.
>>>
>>> Oregon police will soon be unable to pull over motorists solely because
>>> they have a burnt out headlight, tail light or brake light, in a bill
>>> advocates say will cut down on frivolous stops of people of color.
>>
>> I was not aware that white peoples’ cars don’t burn out light bulbs.
>>

>>> Senate Bill 1510, passed out of the Oregon House on a 34-24 vote after
>>> lengthy debate Thursday. It now heads to the desk of Gov. Kate Brown
>>> and, if signed, will take effect immediately.
>>>
>>> A year in the making, SB 1510 is a pared-back version of a bill
>>> advocates hoped to pass during last year’s session. And while it’s
>>> gained most attention for its provisions around traffic stops,
>>> proponents say the legislation will help address broader racial
>>> inequities in Oregon’s justice system.
>>>

>> Race, race, race!
>>
>>> Other provisions require officers to inform motorists they have the
>>> right to decline a search of their vehicle and to obtain written or
>>> recorded documentation that a driver consented to a search. It also
>>> modifies the conditions that can be set for people on parole and
>>> probation and steers $10 million toward helping groups
>>> disproportionately impacted by the justice system access housing and
>>> social services.
>>>
>>> “At its core, each policy included in this bill will make Oregon’s
>>> criminal justice system more equitable and enhance community safety
>>> across the state,” said state Rep. Janelle Bynum, D-Clackamas, who is
>>> Black.
>>
>> You have to be shitting me.
>>
>> “Many of my colleagues in this chamber do not have the lived
>>> experience of negative interactions with law enforcement, and thank God
>>> you don’t.”"
>>> [snip]
>>>
>> Don’t break the law and you won’t have to worry about interactions,
>> negative or otherwise, with the police.
>>
>> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvMc-K8XHY
>>
>>> TB
>>>

> Yeah, I wouldn't expect you to know anything about this. Because
> of persistent reports of problems the government here has been
> collecting data. I wouldn't expect you to know anything about this
> either because it's all about actual facts. White folks have burned out
> lights too, but people who aren't White must have more burned out
> lights, because they're getting stopped more often for small shit.
>
> TB

I know as much about crime there as I know about crime everywhere else.
Sadly, the reason there are racial inequities in enforcement is because
there are racial inequities in the crimes committed. Things will never get
better if we blacks and minorities don’t stop claiming racism is the cause
of all our problems. I and thousands of other minorities have done quite
well for ourselves. Have we experienced racism… of course. But to those of
us who are successful, it was only a bump in the road, not an immoveable
stone wall.

--
“End of quote” - Joe Biden

Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown

<BeAUJ.93573$aT3.3734@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13708&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#13708

Kate Brown
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 21:51:13 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 02:51 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 3/4/2022 5:20 PM, bfh wrote:
>> George.Anthony wrote:

>>> I was not aware that white peoples’ cars don’t burn
>>> out light bulbs.
>>
>> We have access to entitled bulbs.
>

> Dim bulbs.

I have bright bulbs. When you drive 8 over at night, you need to see
very very far.

--
bill

Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown

<svvljs$1gqi$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13709&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#13709

From: mcr1...@yahoo.com (MR)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Kate Brown
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 07:38:22 -0500
 by: MR - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 12:38 UTC

On 3/4/2022 9:20 PM, George.Anthony wrote:
> Technobarbarian <technobarbarian-ztopzpam@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I was not aware that white peoples’ cars don’t burn out light bulbs.

>>> Race, race, race!

>>> You have to be shitting me.
>>>
>>> “Many of my colleagues in this chamber do not have the lived
>>>>
>>> Don’t break the law and you won’t have to worry about interactions,
>>> negative or otherwise, with the police.
>>>
>>> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvMc-K8XHY

>> Yeah, I wouldn't expect you to know anything about this. Because
>> of persistent reports of problems the government here has been
>> collecting data. I wouldn't expect you to know anything about this
>> either because it's all about actual facts. White folks have burned out
>> lights too, but people who aren't White must have more burned out
>> lights, because they're getting stopped more often for small shit.
>>
>> TB
>>

> I know as much about crime there as I know about crime everywhere else.
> Sadly, the reason there are racial inequities in enforcement is because
> there are racial inequities in the crimes committed. Things will never get
> better if we blacks and minorities don’t stop claiming racism is the cause
> of all our problems. I and thousands of other minorities have done quite
> well for ourselves. Have we experienced racism… of course. But to those of
> us who are successful, it was only a bump in the road, not an immoveable
> stone wall.

Well said George. You nailed it.
MR

Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown

<svvlm6$1gqi$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13710&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#13710

From: mcr1...@yahoo.com (MR)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Kate Brown
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 07:39:36 -0500
 by: MR - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 12:39 UTC

On 3/4/2022 9:51 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> We have access to entitled bulbs.
>>

>> Dim bulbs.
>
> I have bright bulbs. When you drive 8 over at night, you need to see
> very very far.

Or either get behind someone driving 8 over.<bg>
MR

Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown

<svvpt6$1fba$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13712&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#13712

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George .Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 13:51:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: George .Anthony - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 13:51 UTC

Technobarbarian <technobarbarian-ztopzpam@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/4/2022 6:20 PM, George.Anthony wrote:
>> Technobarbarian <technobarbarian-ztopzpam@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Yeah, I wouldn't expect you to know anything about this. Because
>>> of persistent reports of problems the government here has been
>>> collecting data. I wouldn't expect you to know anything about this
>>> either because it's all about actual facts. White folks have burned out
>>> lights too, but people who aren't White must have more burned out
>>> lights, because they're getting stopped more often for small shit.
>>>
>>> TB
>>>

>> I know as much about crime there as I know about crime everywhere else.
>> Sadly, the reason there are racial inequities in enforcement is because
>> there are racial inequities in the crimes committed. Things will never get
>> better if we blacks and minorities don’t stop claiming racism is the cause
>> of all our problems. I and thousands of other minorities have done quite
>> well for ourselves. Have we experienced racism… of course. But to those of
>> us who are successful, it was only a bump in the road, not an immoveable
>> stone wall.
>>

> LOL The subject is traffic tickets. I have no idea where you
> wandered off to.
>
> TB

I didn’t wander off. “… proponents say the legislation will help address
broader RACIAL INEQUITIES in Oregon’s justice system.” You should learn to
read your own posts.

--
“End of quote” - Joe Biden

Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown

<svvpt7$1fba$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13713&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#13713

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George .Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 13:51:35 -0000 (UTC)
 by: George .Anthony - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 13:51 UTC

Technobarbarian <technobarbarian-ztopzpam@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/5/2022 4:38 AM, MR wrote:

>>> I know as much about crime there as I know about crime everywhere else.
>>> Sadly, the reason there are racial inequities in enforcement is because
>>> there are racial inequities in the crimes committed. Things will never
>>> get
>>> better if we blacks and minorities don’t stop claiming racism is the
>>> cause
>>> of all our problems. I and thousands of other minorities have done quite
>>> well for ourselves. Have we experienced racism… of course. But to
>>> those of
>>> us who are successful, it was only a bump in the road, not an immoveable
>>> stone wall.
>>>
>> Well said George.  You nailed it.
>> MR
>
> LOL, except for one tiny detail. He's arguing about things that no
> one said. Unless they're killed in the process I don't think anyone is
> going to have much trouble overcoming a nuisance traffic stop.
>
> TB
>
> Tb

Well if no one will have trouble overcoming a nuisance stop, why waste so
much in money and resources to stop them?

--
“End of quote” - Joe Biden

Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown

<QOWdnR80o6z5Hb7_nZ2dnUU7-S3NnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13714&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#13714

Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 07:23:16 -0800
Kate Brown
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: RV-drag...@oneamericanREMOVETHISpatriot.com (Dusty)
 by: Dusty - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 15:23 UTC

On 04-Mar-22 18:20, George.Anthony wrote:
> Technobarbarian <technobarbarian-ztopzpam@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 3/4/2022 3:09 PM, George.Anthony wrote:
....<<snippage>>...

> I know as much about crime there as I know about crime everywhere else.
> Sadly, the reason there are racial inequities in enforcement is because
> there are racial inequities in the crimes committed. Things will never get
> better if we blacks and minorities don’t stop claiming racism is the cause
> of all our problems. I and thousands of other minorities have done quite
> well for ourselves. Have we experienced racism… of course. But to those of
> us who are successful, it was only a bump in the road, not an immoveable
> stone wall.Well and truly said, George!

Take care and be well all,
Dusty
--
"Holding a grudge doesn't make you strong; it makes you bitter.
Forgiving doesn't make you weak; it sets you free."~~Dave Willis "The

Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown

<d4c10ea4-463d-45b5-81eb-916694b8349fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13717&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#13717

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 08:20:35 -0800 (PST)
Kate Brown
From: rbruderm...@gmail.com (George Anthony)
 by: George Anthony - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 16:20 UTC

On Saturday, March 5, 2022 at 7:59:05 AM UTC-8, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On 3/5/2022 5:51 AM, George.Anthony wrote:
> > Technobarbarian <technobarbar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> LOL, except for one tiny detail. He's arguing about things that no
> >> one said. Unless they're killed in the process I don't think anyone is
> >> going to have much trouble overcoming a nuisance traffic stop.
> >>
> >> TB
> >>
> >> Tb
> >>

> > Well if no one will have trouble overcoming a nuisance stop, why waste so
> > much in money and resources to stop them?
> >
> I wasn't aware that it cost us anything to stop making these
> nuisance stops. They have spent money and are spending money to study
> the problem. I think there are many reasons to spend money on this. For
> example, tourism is a big deal here. We're very open for business and
> want everyone to know it. BUT, historically, a lot of time and effort
> has gone into excluding people who were not White. Until sometime in the
> 60s you could see signs here and there on Highway 101 near the city
> limits of a number of places that stated: "This is a sundown town". 101
> is our major tourist corridor on the coast. Newport didn't have any of
> those signs, but it was a sundown town. You weren't likely to be
> lynched, but you also weren't likely to find a vacant room.
>
> So now, when the tourists who are not White complain about
> excessive nuisance stops, "Hey, it's no big deal" is probably not our
> best answer.
>
> TB

Fido is bitchy, he is like that whenever he gets in heat

Re: Bill that would limit minor traffic stops heads to Oregon Gov. Kate Brown

<UEMUJ.31738$LN2.10595@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13719&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#13719

Kate Brown
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2022 11:58:28 -0500
 by: bfh - Sat, 5 Mar 2022 16:58 UTC

MR wrote:
> On 3/4/2022 9:51 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> Dim bulbs.
>>
>> I have bright bulbs. When you drive 8 over at night, you need to see
>> very very far.
>>

> Or either get behind someone driving 8 over.<bg>
> MR

Driving behind somebody requires too much attention. Interferes with
my catnaps.

--
bill