What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expect generally happens. -- Bengamin Disraeli

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

SubjectAuthor
* Around the World in 80 Days week 2Adam H. Kerman
+- Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2RichA
+- Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
+* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
|+* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Rhino
||+* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
|||`* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Adam H. Kerman
||| `* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
|||  `* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Adam H. Kerman
|||   `- Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
||`- Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
|+* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Adam H. Kerman
||`* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
|| +* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Adam H. Kerman
|| |`- Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
|| +* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Ubiquitous
|| |`* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
|| | `- Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Ubiquitous
|| `* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Rhino
||  `* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Adam H. Kerman
||   `* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Rhino
||    `* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Adam H. Kerman
||     `* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Rhino
||      `* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Adam H. Kerman
||       `- Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Rhino
|`* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
| +* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Adam H. Kerman
| |`- Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
| `* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Your Name
|  `* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
|   +* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Adam H. Kerman
|   |`- Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
|   +* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Dimensional Traveler
|   |+- Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
|   |`* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
|   | +* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Your Name
|   | |`* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
|   | | `- Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Adam H. Kerman
|   | `* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
|   |  `* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Ubiquitous
|   |   `- Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
|   `* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Ubiquitous
|    +* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2A Friend
|    |`- Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Ubiquitous
|    `* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2anim8rfsk
|     `- Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Ubiquitous
`* Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Ed Stasiak
 `- Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2Ubiquitous

Pages:12
Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<sridhp$hcc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136357&group=rec.arts.tv#136357

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 22:55:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 10 Jan 2022 22:55 UTC

>On 2022-01-10 4:49 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>>I haven't been watching the series and have no plan to do so based on
>>>the scathing remarks here. However, I have travelled on trains in Europe
>>>and have seen videos about train travel in other countries. I believe
>>>each country does things a bit differently from the others, just as
>>>airlines give different names to equivalent classes of travel. It seems
>>>at least possible to me that 1st class is long haul with sleeping
>>>accommodations, 2nd class is posh seating but no sleeping, perhaps for
>>>people only going within a day's travel of the starting point, while
>>>third class is hard chairs with no sleeping but perhaps with tables and
>>>food, i.e. the parlour car. Presumably, all classes can use the parlour
>>>car but 1st and 2nd class have nicer cars in which to sit or sleep.

>>3rd class passengers would have been forbidden from using any parlour car
>>for other classes.

>That's possible, I suppose, given that many cultures were far more
>class-conscious than they are today.

The elite simply didn't want to travel with nor encounter working class
people. It's that simple. Coach travel, though, was probably more
profitable for the railroad, given minimal accomodations and more seats
sold.

>>Both 1st class and 2nd class could have had sleepers,
>>depending on the era and nature of the train service.

>I believe Russian trains have "hard" class and "soft" class travel.
>They've also got the longest rail lines in the world with the
>trans-Siberian trains that take many days to get from Moscow (or
>wherever in European Russia) to Vladivostock (or wherever in Siberia or
>the Russian Far East).

Absolutely.

>But you say all this as if you were 100% dead certain.

I'm not pretending to have any expertise in historical Italian passenger
rail travel. But if it were an overnight journey, even second class
passengers would have wanted the option of a place to sleep, in smaller
accomodations than first class. And third class passengers would have
had the option of a sleeping berth.

Given the short train we saw, it would have worked better if it were
just a daytime regional train with no bedrooms at all.

>>. . .

>>Now that I think about it, the card game must have been in the baggage
>>car. We just never saw a baggage car in the establishment shot of the
>>train.

>Trains can easily add or drop cars during a trip so maybe the overhead
>shots of the train were done when the baggage car was not yet attached.

Fogg forced the train to stop in the middle of nowhere. Cuts and adds
would take place at major terminals or important junctions, if a section
of the train took another route somewhere else. A baggage car would have
to be part of the train from end to end. I agree that not all coaches
might make the entire journey.

>. . .

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<sris84$gvk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136392&group=rec.arts.tv#136392

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 22:06:42 -0500
 by: Rhino - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 03:06 UTC

On 2022-01-10 5:55 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>>> 3rd class passengers would have been forbidden from using any parlour car
>>> for other classes.
>
>> That's possible, I suppose, given that many cultures were far more
>> class-conscious than they are today.
>
> The elite simply didn't want to travel with nor encounter working class
> people. It's that simple. Coach travel, though, was probably more
> profitable for the railroad, given minimal accomodations and more seats
> sold.
>
>>> Both 1st class and 2nd class could have had sleepers,
>>> depending on the era and nature of the train service.
>
>> I believe Russian trains have "hard" class and "soft" class travel.
>> They've also got the longest rail lines in the world with the
>> trans-Siberian trains that take many days to get from Moscow (or
>> wherever in European Russia) to Vladivostock (or wherever in Siberia or
>> the Russian Far East).
>
> Absolutely.
>
>> But you say all this as if you were 100% dead certain.
>
> I'm not pretending to have any expertise in historical Italian passenger
> rail travel.

You had me fooled ;-) In that case, you are offering only reasonable
theories, just as I was - reasonable theories that might be proven wrong
by asking people more knowledgeable in these matters than either of us.

> But if it were an overnight journey, even second class
> passengers would have wanted the option of a place to sleep, in smaller
> accomodations than first class. And third class passengers would have
> had the option of a sleeping berth.

I'm not so sure of that. The railroad might well prefer to incentivize
people to buy more expensive 1st or 2nd class tickets by providing no
sleeping accommodation whatever - beyond trying to sleep sitting up - to
those who bought the cheapest tickets.

> Given the short train we saw, it would have worked better if it were
> just a daytime regional train with no bedrooms at all.

For this particular episode, sure, that would seem to make sense.
>>> . . .
>
>>> Now that I think about it, the card game must have been in the baggage
>>> car. We just never saw a baggage car in the establishment shot of the
>>> train.
>
>> Trains can easily add or drop cars during a trip so maybe the overhead
>> shots of the train were done when the baggage car was not yet attached.
>
> Fogg forced the train to stop in the middle of nowhere. Cuts and adds
> would take place at major terminals or important junctions, if a section
> of the train took another route somewhere else. A baggage car would have
> to be part of the train from end to end. I agree that not all coaches
> might make the entire journey.

Again, I have not seen the show so I didn't know that. I agree that cars
wouldn't be added or removed in the middle of nowhere, although I
suppose something like that COULD be done at a siding miles from a
station, although I'm at a loss to see why that would be done in this case.

--
Rhino

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<1161323922.663615178.037278.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136489&group=rec.arts.tv#136489

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 10:42:10 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 17:42 UTC

My friends in Sandy Eggo have finished watching season one. Here are some
notes they sent. No real spoilers. It does address one of the reasons Adam
was going to quit watching.

“ Last night we finished up the 8-episodes of the _80 Days_ with Tenet.
Aside from character names and some of the locales, the three things from
the book used in the show are:

* There was a wager placed in the Reform Club of London
* The train across India reported in the newspapers wasn't really done
* They arrive in London, are delayed, and think they have failed to win but
realize it is still Christmas Eve minutes before the deadline

Otherwise it is a romp through the world of 1872 with a number of
anachronisms. There are many preachy messages throughout.”

“There are references to other Verne stories.

The Italian boy mentions reading _From the Earth to the Moon_.

At the end the trio is reading the newspapers with reports of a sea monster
and some of the theories.

I think Dennis K. has indicated that the next season would be based on
_Journey to the Center of the Earth_.

It was closer to the Verne stories than the recent _Journey_ films with
Dwayne Johnson and another lead. But still it is highly divergent from the
book as expected from the trailer and opening sequence.”

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<srkiun$r5q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136493&group=rec.arts.tv#136493

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 18:40:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 18:40 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>My friends in Sandy Eggo have finished watching season one. Here are some
>notes they sent. No real spoilers. It does address one of the reasons Adam
>was going to quit watching. . . .

Thanks for reposting that.

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<srknme$1ali$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136514&group=rec.arts.tv#136514

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 09:01:18 +1300
 by: Your Name - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 20:01 UTC

On 2022-01-11 17:42:10 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> My friends in Sandy Eggo have finished watching season one. Here are some
> notes they sent. No real spoilers. It does address one of the reasons Adam
> was going to quit watching.
>
> " Last night we finished up the 8-episodes of the _80 Days_ with Tenet.
> Aside from character names and some of the locales, the three things from
> the book used in the show are:
>
> * There was a wager placed in the Reform Club of London
> * The train across India reported in the newspapers wasn't really done
> * They arrive in London, are delayed, and think they have failed to win but
> realize it is still Christmas Eve minutes before the deadline
>
> Otherwise it is a romp through the world of 1872 with a number of
> anachronisms. There are many preachy messages throughout."
>
> "There are references to other Verne stories.
>
> The Italian boy mentions reading _From the Earth to the Moon_.
>
> At the end the trio is reading the newspapers with reports of a sea monster
> and some of the theories.
>
> I think Dennis K. has indicated that the next season would be based on
> _Journey to the Center of the Earth_.
>
> It was closer to the Verne stories than the recent _Journey_ films with
> Dwayne Johnson and another lead. But still it is highly divergent from the
> book as expected from the trailer and opening sequence."

Yep, season 2 has been 'greenlit', although nobody knows (including
probably the show's creators) where they're going to take the story.
There are various rumours, including that one with Captain Nemo and
creating a "Jules Verne universe" of shows, which all sound like
ridiculous and ill-fitting cash-in ideas. :-(

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<548917514.663625085.160501.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136519&group=rec.arts.tv#136519

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 13:19:01 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 20:19 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> My friends in Sandy Eggo have finished watching season one. Here are some
>> notes they sent. No real spoilers. It does address one of the reasons Adam
>> was going to quit watching. . . .
>
> Thanks for reposting that.

NP

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<66910286.663625183.159917.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136549&group=rec.arts.tv#136549

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 15:35:44 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 22:35 UTC

Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
> On 2022-01-11 17:42:10 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> My friends in Sandy Eggo have finished watching season one. Here are some
>> notes they sent. No real spoilers. It does address one of the reasons Adam
>> was going to quit watching.
>>
>> " Last night we finished up the 8-episodes of the _80 Days_ with Tenet.
>> Aside from character names and some of the locales, the three things from
>> the book used in the show are:
>>
>> * There was a wager placed in the Reform Club of London
>> * The train across India reported in the newspapers wasn't really done
>> * They arrive in London, are delayed, and think they have failed to win but
>> realize it is still Christmas Eve minutes before the deadline
>>
>> Otherwise it is a romp through the world of 1872 with a number of
>> anachronisms. There are many preachy messages throughout."
>>
>> "There are references to other Verne stories.
>>
>> The Italian boy mentions reading _From the Earth to the Moon_.
>>
>> At the end the trio is reading the newspapers with reports of a sea monster
>> and some of the theories.
>>
>> I think Dennis K. has indicated that the next season would be based on
>> _Journey to the Center of the Earth_.
>>
>> It was closer to the Verne stories than the recent _Journey_ films with
>> Dwayne Johnson and another lead. But still it is highly divergent from the
>> book as expected from the trailer and opening sequence."
>
> Yep, season 2 has been 'greenlit', although nobody knows (including
> probably the show's creators) where they're going to take the story.
> There are various rumours, including that one with Captain Nemo and
> creating a "Jules Verne universe" of shows, which all sound like
> ridiculous and ill-fitting cash-in ideas. :-(

We already had THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF JULES VERNE. I wish somebody would
put out a decent quality DVD set of that.

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<srl1v9$56c$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136555&group=rec.arts.tv#136555

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 22:56:41 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 22:56 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>. . .

>We already had THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF JULES VERNE. I wish somebody would
>put out a decent quality DVD set of that.

.. . . with episodes in a random order! A lot of that was entertaining, I
thought. None of the lead characters felt sorry for themselves.

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<1674049005.663636977.056537.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136566&group=rec.arts.tv#136566

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 16:38:36 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Tue, 11 Jan 2022 23:38 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> . . .
>
>> We already had THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF JULES VERNE. I wish somebody would
>> put out a decent quality DVD set of that.
>
> . . . with episodes in a random order! A lot of that was entertaining, I
> thought. None of the lead characters felt sorry for themselves.

Who would ever expect Bobby Ewing as Dracula? Much less Jules Verne meeting
Dracula!

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<srlda9$151$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136584&group=rec.arts.tv#136584

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 18:10:20 -0800
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 02:10 UTC

On 1/11/2022 2:35 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>> On 2022-01-11 17:42:10 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>
>>> My friends in Sandy Eggo have finished watching season one. Here are some
>>> notes they sent. No real spoilers. It does address one of the reasons Adam
>>> was going to quit watching.
>>>
>>> " Last night we finished up the 8-episodes of the _80 Days_ with Tenet.
>>> Aside from character names and some of the locales, the three things from
>>> the book used in the show are:
>>>
>>> * There was a wager placed in the Reform Club of London
>>> * The train across India reported in the newspapers wasn't really done
>>> * They arrive in London, are delayed, and think they have failed to win but
>>> realize it is still Christmas Eve minutes before the deadline
>>>
>>> Otherwise it is a romp through the world of 1872 with a number of
>>> anachronisms. There are many preachy messages throughout."
>>>
>>> "There are references to other Verne stories.
>>>
>>> The Italian boy mentions reading _From the Earth to the Moon_.
>>>
>>> At the end the trio is reading the newspapers with reports of a sea monster
>>> and some of the theories.
>>>
>>> I think Dennis K. has indicated that the next season would be based on
>>> _Journey to the Center of the Earth_.
>>>
>>> It was closer to the Verne stories than the recent _Journey_ films with
>>> Dwayne Johnson and another lead. But still it is highly divergent from the
>>> book as expected from the trailer and opening sequence."
>>
>> Yep, season 2 has been 'greenlit', although nobody knows (including
>> probably the show's creators) where they're going to take the story.
>> There are various rumours, including that one with Captain Nemo and
>> creating a "Jules Verne universe" of shows, which all sound like
>> ridiculous and ill-fitting cash-in ideas. :-(
>>

> We already had THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF JULES VERNE. I wish somebody would
> put out a decent quality DVD set of that.

If you hear of one please let me know.

dirty old man.

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<1163207446.663647309.011568.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136592&group=rec.arts.tv#136592

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 20:39:37 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 03:39 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 1/11/2022 2:35 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

>>> Yep, season 2 has been 'greenlit', although nobody knows (including
>>> probably the show's creators) where they're going to take the story.
>>> There are various rumours, including that one with Captain Nemo and
>>> creating a "Jules Verne universe" of shows, which all sound like
>>> ridiculous and ill-fitting cash-in ideas. :-(
>>>

>> We already had THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF JULES VERNE. I wish somebody would
>> put out a decent quality DVD set of that.
>>
> If you hear of one please let me know.

Roger Wilcox

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<1483906281.663649505.980640.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136593&group=rec.arts.tv#136593

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 20:39:38 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 03:39 UTC

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 1/11/2022 2:35 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

>>> Yep, season 2 has been 'greenlit', although nobody knows (including
>>> probably the show's creators) where they're going to take the story.
>>> There are various rumours, including that one with Captain Nemo and
>>> creating a "Jules Verne universe" of shows, which all sound like
>>> ridiculous and ill-fitting cash-in ideas. :-(
>>>

>> We already had THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF JULES VERNE. I wish somebody would
>> put out a decent quality DVD set of that.
>>
> If you hear of one please let me know.

Well, I found the soundtrack.

https://www.fortytwotradingco.com/the-secret-adventures-of-jules-verne-2cd/

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<srm10n$1uke$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136613&group=rec.arts.tv#136613

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 20:46:31 +1300
 by: Your Name - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 07:46 UTC

On 2022-01-12 03:39:38 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>> On 1/11/2022 2:35 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
<snip>

>>> We already had THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF JULES VERNE. I wish somebody
>>> would put out a decent quality DVD set of that.
>>
>> If you hear of one please let me know.
>
> Well, I found the soundtrack.
>
> https://www.fortytwotradingco.com/the-secret-adventures-of-jules-verne-2cd/

I found a webstore selling DVDs for the series ... but it's based in
Pakistan, so they certainly won't be "decent quality" if you get
anything delivered at all.

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<199014856.663689493.987041.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136638&group=rec.arts.tv#136638

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 07:14:12 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 14:14 UTC

Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
> On 2022-01-12 03:39:38 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:
>>> On 1/11/2022 2:35 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> <snip>

>>> If you hear of one please let me know.
>>
>> Well, I found the soundtrack.
>>
>> https://www.fortytwotradingco.com/the-secret-adventures-of-jules-verne-2cd/
>
> I found a webstore selling DVDs for the series ... but it's based in
> Pakistan, so they certainly won't be "decent quality" if you get
> anything delivered at all.

Yeah. Crummy copies abound. And they’re all up in YouTube and multi parts
per episode in the wrong aspect ratio.

HEY ADAM

The thread about the show on the Facebook yielded somebody looking at the
PBS site for related material and found that at some point they did a show
on Nellie Bly which it looks like you can buy if you possibly cared that
much. :-)

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<srmt57$o16$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136655&group=rec.arts.tv#136655

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 15:46:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 15:46 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>HEY ADAM

>The thread about the show on the Facebook yielded somebody looking at the
>PBS site for related material and found that at some point they did a show
>on Nellie Bly which it looks like you can buy if you possibly cared that
>much. :-)

Thanks. Maybe I'll look for it.

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<srn763$uqu$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136676&group=rec.arts.tv#136676

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 13:37:55 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 18:37 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

>> Yep, season 2 has been 'greenlit', although nobody knows (including
>> probably the show's creators) where they're going to take the story.
>> There are various rumours, including that one with Captain Nemo and
>> creating a "Jules Verne universe" of shows, which all sound like
>> ridiculous and ill-fitting cash-in ideas. :-(
>
>We already had THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF JULES VERNE. I wish somebody would
>put out a decent quality DVD set of that.

I remember watching that on Sci Fi Channel, or maybe it was in sydication?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<120120221449211623%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136684&group=rec.arts.tv#136684

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 14:49:21 -0500
 by: A Friend - Wed, 12 Jan 2022 19:49 UTC

In article <srn763$uqu$2@dont-email.me>, Ubiquitous
<weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> > Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>
> >> Yep, season 2 has been 'greenlit', although nobody knows (including
> >> probably the show's creators) where they're going to take the story.
> >> There are various rumours, including that one with Captain Nemo and
> >> creating a "Jules Verne universe" of shows, which all sound like
> >> ridiculous and ill-fitting cash-in ideas. :-(
> >
> >We already had THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF JULES VERNE. I wish somebody would
> >put out a decent quality DVD set of that.
>
> I remember watching that on Sci Fi Channel, or maybe it was in sydication?

It's a CBC series from 2000, and it also ran on what was then the
Sci-Fi Channel.

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<1288298499.663729559.748068.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136754&group=rec.arts.tv#136754

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 18:20:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 01:20 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>
>>> Yep, season 2 has been 'greenlit', although nobody knows (including
>>> probably the show's creators) where they're going to take the story.
>>> There are various rumours, including that one with Captain Nemo and
>>> creating a "Jules Verne universe" of shows, which all sound like
>>> ridiculous and ill-fitting cash-in ideas. :-(
>>
>> We already had THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF JULES VERNE. I wish somebody would
>> put out a decent quality DVD set of that.
>
> I remember watching that on Sci Fi Channel, or maybe it was in sydication?

SyFy

> --
> Let's go Brandon!

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<902528733.663739818.892805.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136808&group=rec.arts.tv#136808

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 21:11:59 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 04:11 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> We already had THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF JULES VERNE. I wish somebody would
>>> put out a decent quality DVD set of that.
>>>
>> If you hear of one please let me know.
>>

> Well, I found the soundtrack.
>
> https://www.fortytwotradingco.com/the-secret-adventures-of-jules-verne-2cd/

And it’s already shipped!

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<srp6ed$h5t$11@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136872&group=rec.arts.tv#136872

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 07:37:33 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 12:37 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>>> We already had THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF JULES VERNE. I wish somebody
>>> would put out a decent quality DVD set of that.
>>
>> I remember watching that on Sci Fi Channel, or maybe it was in sydication?
>
>SyFy

No, it was before they chnaged it to that name.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<srp6gh$h5t$12@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136873&group=rec.arts.tv#136873

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 07:37:25 -0500

In article <120120221449211623%nope@noway.com>, nope@noway.com wrote:
> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

>> >We already had THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF JULES VERNE. I wish somebody
>> >would put out a decent quality DVD set of that.
>>
>> I remember watching that on Sci Fi Channel, or maybe it was in sydication?
>
>It's a CBC series from 2000, and it also ran on what was then the
>Sci-Fi Channel.

They used to play The Odessey, too.

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<srpvk7$t0q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136948&group=rec.arts.tv#136948

From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 14:47:18 -0500
 by: Ubiquitous - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 19:47 UTC

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>> Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> If you hear of one please let me know.
>>
>> Well, I found the soundtrack.
>> https://www.fortytwotradingco.com/the-secret-adventures-of-jules-verne-2cd/
>
>And it's already shipped!

How long will it sit in the boat before unloaded?

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Around the World in 80 Days week 2

<1229809810.663803328.611780.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=136968&group=rec.arts.tv#136968

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 14:49:49 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:49 UTC

Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
> anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
>> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Well, I found the soundtrack.
>>> https://www.fortytwotradingco.com/the-secret-adventures-of-jules-verne-2cd/
>>
>> And it's already shipped!
>
> How long will it sit in the boat before unloaded?

Lol, it looks like it’s coming from Castle rock Colorado.

The only boats near there are at the seaport of Metropolis.