From: www.godf...@opt-in.invalid (PietB)
Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Subject: Which way is up when I plant a mango seed?
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 02:46:39 +0100
 by: PietB - Tue, 3 May 2022 01:46 UTC

Which way is up when I plant a mango seed?

I cracked open the husk and removed the seed and put it wet paper towels
for a week expecting it to sprout at one end but it sprouted at both.

-p

Re: Which way is up when I plant a mango seed?

<86bb0d9f-33f0-4035-8387-368f9ba864e1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=137&group=rec.gardens#137

Newsgroups: rec.gardens
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 10:48:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Which way is up when I plant a mango seed?
From: tol...@gmail.com (tol...@gmail.com)
 by: tol...@gmail.com - Wed, 4 May 2022 17:48 UTC

On Monday, May 2, 2022 at 9:46:26 PM UTC-4, PietB wrote:
> Which way is up when I plant a mango seed?
>
> I cracked open the husk and removed the seed and put it wet paper towels
> for a week expecting it to sprout at one end but it sprouted at both.
>
> -p
Plant the mango seed point side down, allowing the hump at the top to stick out of the soil a little. If you have germinated your seed in water or a paper towel, this bit is easier as you just want your mango seed roots to go down and the shoot to point up, above the soil.

Re: Which way is up when I plant a mango seed?

<UBDcK.828924$oF2.583794@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=138&group=rec.gardens#138

Newsgroups: rec.gardens
From: Nob...@Nowh.ere (John McGaw)
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 19:02:12 -0400
 by: John McGaw - Wed, 4 May 2022 23:02 UTC

On 5/2/2022 9:46 PM, PietB wrote:
> Which way is up when I plant a mango seed?
>
> I cracked open the husk and removed the seed and put it wet paper towels
> for a week expecting it to sprout at one end but it sprouted at both.
>
> -p
Probably the easiest way would be to plant the seed in the soil sideways.
The plant will figure out which way is up and which way is down all by
itself -- in nature seeds fall in random orientations but still manage to grow.

--
Noli sinere pessimi nequissimique te tristificare!