Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 07:59:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Mildred Kornman (aka Ricki VanDusen), 97, Actress/Model; appeared in
"Little Rascals" dies
From: tbett...@yahoo.com (Tom Betts)
 by: Tom Betts - Sun, 21 Aug 2022 14:59 UTC

Robert Satterfield
Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 5:38 PM

I am very sad to report my good friend and former actress/model Mildred Kornman Hinsey (AKA Ricki VanDusen) (July 10, 1925-August 19, 2022) passed away yesterday at the age of 97. Mildred was one of the last members of Our Gang Comedies appearing in 21 of the shorts from 1926-1935. Under the name of Ricki VanDusen she became one of the very first super models appearing on the cover of Vogue and Harpers Bazaar. It appears as Mildred was the last living actress to appear in a silent film era motion picture. Garry Watson of the famous Watson family and possibly Donald Smith (brother of JR Smith of Our Gang) are the only living people to appear in an original silent film.. It also drops the number of actors who appeared with Stan Laurel and/or Oliver Hardy to eight confirmed.

Mildred appeared at the Hollywood '80's Our Gang Reunion during the Second International Sons of the Desert Convention on July 31, 1980 and appeared at the Our Gang Reunion during Laurel and Hardywood convention on July 4, 2014. Mildred also appeared with Jean Darling at one other Sons convention as well as several Way Out West Tent events over the years.

Mildred's keen sense of humor and devotion to her sister (Our Gang's "first leading lady" Mary Kornman) will be missed. She was a sweet, dignified and candid lady who I shall miss personally. I was blessed to have known her these past 42 years. Rest in Peace dear friend.

ttps://www.facebook.com/robert.satterfield.7967/posts/pfbid02jtv5CBNTc4hBRLW5z4b756qUitFdBLhBXfkd2jLjBdS8Lw7qUjL7AgqQfkC7VuHFl