From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Just another stable genius
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 19:36:47 -0600
 by: George.Anthony - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 01:36 UTC

On 3/10/2022 6:34 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> [...]
> during one of their talks last month. He shouldn’t have been surprised.
>
> In his mind, Mr. Putin finds himself in a unique historical situation in
> which he can finally recover for the previous years of humiliation. In
> the 1990s, when Mr. Putin and Mr. Kovalchuk first met, they were both
> struggling to find their footing after the fall of the Soviet Union, and
> so was the country. The West, they believe, took advantage of Russia’s
> weakness to push NATO as close as possible to the country’s borders. In
> Mr. Putin’s view, the situation today is the opposite: It is the West
> that’s weak. The only Western leader that Mr. Putin took seriously was
> Germany’s previous chancellor, Angela Merkel. Now she is gone and it’s
> time for Russia to avenge the humiliations of the 1990s.
>
> It seems that there is no one around to tell him otherwise. Mr. Putin no
> longer meets with his buddies for drinks and barbecues, according to
> people who know him. In recent years — and especially since the start of
> the pandemic — he has cut off most contacts with advisers and friends.
> While he used to look like an emperor who enjoyed playing on the
> controversies of his subjects, listening to them denounce one another
> and pitting them against one another, he is now isolated and distant,
> even from most of his old entourage.
>
> His guards have imposed a strict protocol: No one can see the president
> without a week’s quarantine — not even Igor Sechin, once his personal
> secretary, now head of the state-owned oil company Rosneft. Mr. Sechin
> is said to quarantine for two or three weeks a month, all for the sake
> of occasional meetings with the president."
>
>      I'm repeating this part for anyone who missed it the first time:
>
> "The only Western leader that Mr. Putin took seriously was Germany’s
> previous chancellor, Angela Merkel."
>
> https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-jr-tried-explain-101022672.html
>
> "Donald Trump Jr. now claims his father’s well-known affection toward
> some of the world’s most brutal dictators was part of an elaborate act.
>
> “He knew exactly how to play these guys,” the son of former President
> Donald Trump said in a new video. “And he played it like a fiddle.”"
>
> "Not everyone believed Jr.’s explanation that this was all part of a
> ruse though:"
>
> "It’s Guilfoyle’s birthday, so Junior got into the party supplies early.
> He claims that daddy only praised Putin and Kim because he was using
> psychological warfare on them: “He knew exactly how to play these guys,
> and he played them like a fiddle!”"
>
> "Trump made a habit of alienating U.S. allies, such as Canada, France
> and Germany, while also cozying up to repressive dictators. He said he
> “fell in love” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. He repeatedly
> praised and defended Russian President Vladimir Putin. And he called
> himself a “big fan” of Recep Tayyip Erdoğan despite the Turkish despot’s

NYT opinion piece. About worth as much as the cost of that fish wrapper.

--
"Our country was founded by geniuses, but it's being run by idiots."
– Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy

Re: Just another stable genius

<93e9aa83-7470-4cce-8b57-9255638502c3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13890&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#13890

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 19:10:31 -0800 (PST)
From: rbruderm...@gmail.com (George Anthony)
 by: George Anthony - Fri, 11 Mar 2022 03:10 UTC

On Thursday, March 10, 2022 at 5:36:50 PM UTC-8, George.Anthony wrote:
> [...]
> > ruse though:"
> >
> > "It’s Guilfoyle’s birthday, so Junior got into the party supplies early.
> > He claims that daddy only praised Putin and Kim because he was using
> > psychological warfare on them: “He knew exactly how to play these guys,
> > and he played them like a fiddle!”"
> >
> > "Trump made a habit of alienating U.S. allies, such as Canada, France
> > and Germany, while also cozying up to repressive dictators. He said he
> > “fell in love” with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. He repeatedly
> > praised and defended Russian President Vladimir Putin. And he called
> > himself a “big fan” of Recep Tayyip Erdoğan despite the Turkish despot’s
> > brutal crackdown on critics."
> > [snip]
> >
> > TB
> >

> NYT opinion piece. About worth as much as the cost of that fish wrapper.

And every bit as good as the opinion of the one with Left wing Hillbilly moniker right Fido

Did you know Trump worshipers are mentally defective, that means you