Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Subject: It's always something
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 19:54:52 -0400
 by: bfh - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 23:54 UTC

The sole purpose of these adjustments is to keep pace with rising
inflation. If you do not wish to continue your service, you can cancel
at any time and return your Starlink hardware within your first year
of service for a partial refund of $200. If you have received your
Starlink in the past 30 days, you can return it for a full refund.
bill

Re: It's always something

<Aju_J.340245$LN2.98037@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14025&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14025

Subject: Re: It's always something
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 21:01:19 -0400
 by: bfh - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 01:01 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On 3/22/2022 4:54 PM, bfh wrote:
>>
>> The sole purpose of these adjustments is to keep pace with rising
>> inflation. If you do not wish to continue your service, you can
>> cancel at any time and return your Starlink hardware within your
>> first year of service for a partial refund of $200. If you have
>> received your Starlink in the past 30 days, you can return it for a
>> full refund.
>
>     Kewl! Think of it as an investment. You could already sell it for
> a nice profit. ;-)
>
>     They told you that you were getting the beta version price for
> the service. I would expect it to higher when they're out of beta.

"The sole purpose of these adjustments is to keep pace with rising
inflation.", they told me in an email. It's an email, not Fox News. It
must be true.

--
bill

Re: It's always something

<ftqdnfhTqJGSHKf_nZ2dnUU7-WednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14027&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14027

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 19:08:17 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 02:08 UTC

On 3/22/2022 6:01 PM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>> On 3/22/2022 4:54 PM, bfh wrote:
>>>
>>> The sole purpose of these adjustments is to keep pace with rising
>>> inflation. If you do not wish to continue your service, you can
>>> cancel at any time and return your Starlink hardware within your
>>> first year of service for a partial refund of $200. If you have
>>> received your Starlink in the past 30 days, you can return it for a
>>> full refund.
>>
>>      Kewl! Think of it as an investment. You could already sell it for
>> a nice profit. ;-)
>>
>>      They told you that you were getting the beta version price for
>> the service. I would expect it to higher when they're out of beta.
>>

>  "The sole purpose of these adjustments is to keep pace with rising
> inflation.", they told me in an email. It's an email, not Fox News. It
> must be true.

And, the going forward part:

"Since launching our public beta service in October 2020, the Starlink
team has tripled the number of satellites in orbit, quadrupled the
number of ground stations and made continuous improvements to our
network. Going forward, users can expect Starlink to maintain its
cadence of continuous network improvements as well as new feature
additions. "

Re: It's always something

<ftqdnftTqJEXHKf_nZ2dnUU7-WcAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14028&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14028

Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 19:10:20 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 02:10 UTC

On 3/22/2022 5:16 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On 3/22/2022 4:54 PM, bfh wrote:
>>
>> The sole purpose of these adjustments is to keep pace with rising
>> inflation. If you do not wish to continue your service, you can cancel
>> at any time and return your Starlink hardware within your first year
>> of service for a partial refund of $200. If you have received your
>> Starlink in the past 30 days, you can return it for a full refund.
>
>     Kewl! Think of it as an investment. You could already sell it for a
> nice profit. ;-)
>
>     They told you that you were getting the beta version price for the
> service. I would expect it to higher when they're out of beta.
>
> TB

Actually - beta ended last year.

https://www.starlinkhardware.com/is-starlink-still-in-beta/