Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Subject: Bird flu is spreading rapidly
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 13:53:05 -0400
 by: bfh - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 17:53 UTC

Hundreds of thousands of chickens are being "humanely depopulated and
disposed of."

Hoard your chickens now - before the chicken shelves go Venezuela.

Corporal Sanders, BigPoultry, Ret.

--
bill

Re: Bird flu is spreading rapidly

<b3P_J.47028$4T.32197@fx24.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14036&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14036

Subject: Re: Bird flu is spreading rapidly
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 20:37:27 -0400
 by: bfh - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 00:37 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> [...]
>
> Kimbirauskas takes issue with Oregon’s permitting process for
> confined animal feeding operations. People often get approval from
> county officials for the buildings they need before they apply to the
> state Agriculture Department for the state permit.
>
> Kimbirauskas and the Farmers Against Foster Farms want more
> opportunity for public input before buildings are permitted, and they
> want to stop the three proposed chicken farms from going forward.
>
> The producers continue to wait for their state permits. The
> Agriculture Department has no set timeline for deciding on the
> permits. One application has been in process for more than a year.
>
> The first of the chicken operations
>
> Scio is a town of about 900 people and is the self-proclaimed
> “covered bridge capital of the West.” The people there pride
> themselves on their bucolic countryside and pasture, according to
> Christina Eastman, who grew up farming corn and other crops, then
> grass seed, across 300 acres with her grandfather, father and uncles.
>
> “It’s like being on top of heaven,” Eastman said of the rolling
> hills and forests of the Willamette Valley.
>
> The area is home to several large-scale cattle and dairy operations,
> including one that can house more than 1,000 cows, and many farmers in
> the area raise livestock on pasture.
>
> But Eastman takes issue with where the new operations will be built,
> along the North Santiam River, Thomas Creek and, one of them, about a
> quarter mile from where she lives."
> [snip]
>
> https://oregoncapitalchronicle.com/2022/02/28/more-industrial-chicken-farms-around-scio-raise-community-concerns-backlash/
>

>       I think we may be approaching peak NIMBY here. The farmers are
> pissed because there's going to be more farming where they live. LOL
>
> "The Top 13 Chicken Statistics
>
> There are roughly 518.3 million chickens in the United States.
> There are roughly 25.9 billion chickens living in the world.
> China is the leading producer of chickens, with over 5.14 billion
> chickens living in Mainland China.
> Iowa is the leading chicken farming industry with over 60 million
> chickens.
> Iowa is also the leading egg producer.
> The United States is the top producer of broiler chickens in the world.
> About 305 million hens are used for their eggs every year.
> All laying hens in the United States produced 111.6 billion eggs in 2020.
> Chicken consumption has increased 540% since 1910.
> Approximately 9 billion chickens are killed for their flesh each year.
> The number of mature chickens slaughtered is up 7%, and the number of
> young chickens slaughtered is up 13%.
> Young chickens are less than 40 days old before being killed.
> Most factory-raised chickens live under constant artificial light with
> less than 4 hours of darkness per day."
>
>     IOW We may see a small ripple in the supply here due to the bird
> flu. OTOH Hang onto your hats. The Ukraine is a major grain producer.

Let 'em eat tofu...................and ethanol.

--
bill

Re: Bird flu is spreading rapidly

<t1gfb4$g52$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14037&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14037

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 19:51:48 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 00:51 UTC

On 3/23/2022 7:37 PM, bfh wrote:
> [...]
>> Iowa is also the leading egg producer.
>> The United States is the top producer of broiler chickens in the world.
>> About 305 million hens are used for their eggs every year.
>> All laying hens in the United States produced 111.6 billion eggs in 2020.
>> Chicken consumption has increased 540% since 1910.
>> Approximately 9 billion chickens are killed for their flesh each year.
>> The number of mature chickens slaughtered is up 7%, and the number of
>> young chickens slaughtered is up 13%.
>> Young chickens are less than 40 days old before being killed.
>> Most factory-raised chickens live under constant artificial light with
>> less than 4 hours of darkness per day."
>>
>>      IOW We may see a small ripple in the supply here due to the bird
>> flu. OTOH Hang onto your hats. The Ukraine is a major grain producer.
>> Chickens are a major grain consumer.
>
> Let 'em eat tofu...................and ethanol.

And they can warm it up in solar powered ovens.

--
"Our country was founded by geniuses, but it's being run by idiots."
– Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy

Re: Bird flu is spreading rapidly

<FtGdnZxSb63jTab_nZ2dnUU7-IWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14038&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14038

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 18:59:29 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 01:59 UTC

On 3/23/2022 5:37 PM, bfh wrote:
> [...]
>> Iowa is also the leading egg producer.
>> The United States is the top producer of broiler chickens in the world.
>> About 305 million hens are used for their eggs every year.
>> All laying hens in the United States produced 111.6 billion eggs in 2020.
>> Chicken consumption has increased 540% since 1910.
>> Approximately 9 billion chickens are killed for their flesh each year.
>> The number of mature chickens slaughtered is up 7%, and the number of
>> young chickens slaughtered is up 13%.
>> Young chickens are less than 40 days old before being killed.
>> Most factory-raised chickens live under constant artificial light with
>> less than 4 hours of darkness per day."
>>
>>      IOW We may see a small ripple in the supply here due to the bird
>> flu. OTOH Hang onto your hats. The Ukraine is a major grain producer.
>> Chickens are a major grain consumer.
>
> Let 'em eat tofu...................and ethanol.

My chickens are holding up "No Vax!" and "Stop the Steal!" signs. They
must be rechicklicans.

Re: Bird flu is spreading rapidly

<bGQ_J.200028$H_t7.156347@fx40.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14040&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14040

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 22:27:18 -0400
 by: bfh - Thu, 24 Mar 2022 02:27 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> [...]
>>> About 305 million hens are used for their eggs every year.
>>> All laying hens in the United States produced 111.6 billion eggs in
>>> 2020.
>>> Chicken consumption has increased 540% since 1910.
>>> Approximately 9 billion chickens are killed for their flesh each year.
>>> The number of mature chickens slaughtered is up 7%, and the number
>>> of young chickens slaughtered is up 13%.
>>> Young chickens are less than 40 days old before being killed.
>>> Most factory-raised chickens live under constant artificial light
>>> with less than 4 hours of darkness per day."
>>>
>>>      IOW We may see a small ripple in the supply here due to
>>> the bird flu. OTOH Hang onto your hats. The Ukraine is a major
>>> grain producer. Chickens are a major grain consumer.
>>
>> Let 'em eat tofu...................and ethanol.
>>

> My chickens are holding up "No Vax!" and "Stop the Steal!" signs. They

I strongly suggest that you cease all unmonitored flocking and
institute a frickin' social distancing mandate until the science evolves.

--
bill