"So why don't you make like a tree, and get outta here." -- Biff in "Back to the Future"

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / OT~5 Falcon Heavies to launch this year!

SubjectAuthor
* OT~5 Falcon Heavies to launch this year!Frank Howell
`* Re: OT~5 Falcon Heavies to launch this year!bfh
 +* Re: OT~5 Falcon Heavies to launch this year!Frank Howell
 |`- Re: OT~5 Falcon Heavies to launch this year!bfh
 `* Re: OT~5 Falcon Heavies to launch this year!kmiller
  `- Re: OT~5 Falcon Heavies to launch this year!bfh

1
OT~5 Falcon Heavies to launch this year!

<URH3K.31756$Kdf.20143@fx96.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14174&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14174

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphow...@yahoo.com (Frank Howell)
Subject: OT~5 Falcon Heavies to launch this year!
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 13:30:47 -0700
 by: Frank Howell - Thu, 7 Apr 2022 20:30 UTC

Holy Moly, I didn't see this increase of launches coming.

Falcon Heavy • USSF 44 NET June

Aug.1 Falcon Heavy • Psyche

3rd QuarterFalcon Heavy • ViaSat 3 Americas

October Falcon Heavy • USSF 52

November Falcon Heavy • USSF 67

Lots of opportunities to watch for Eastern peoples.

--
Frank Howell

Re: OT~5 Falcon Heavies to launch this year!

<g4L3K.401481$t2Bb.290945@fx98.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14176&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14176

Subject: Re: OT~5 Falcon Heavies to launch this year!
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 20:10:52 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 00:10 UTC

Frank Howell wrote:
> Holy Moly, I didn't see this increase of launches coming.
>

> Falcon Heavy • USSF 44 NET June
>
> Aug.1 Falcon Heavy • Psyche
>
> 3rd QuarterFalcon Heavy • ViaSat 3 Americas
>
> October Falcon Heavy • USSF 52
>
> November Falcon Heavy • USSF 67
>
> Lots of opportunities to watch for Eastern peoples.

The question is whether NASA will let people get closer than right here:
https://www.google.com/maps/@28.6279512,-80.7885152,196m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

which is a little over 11 miles from the launch pad.

I want to see a heavy from here:
https://www.google.com/maps/@28.6279512,-80.7885152,196m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

which is about 3 miles from the pad.

--
bill

Re: OT~5 Falcon Heavies to launch this year!

<8b297ca5-0544-0d92-c804-434477273979@yahoo.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14177&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14177

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphow...@yahoo.com (Frank Howell)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 18:11:13 -0700
 by: Frank Howell - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 01:11 UTC

bfh wrote:
> Frank Howell wrote:
>> Holy Moly, I didn't see this increase of launches coming.
>>

>> Falcon Heavy • USSF 44 NET June
>>
>> Aug.1 Falcon Heavy • Psyche
>>
>> 3rd QuarterFalcon Heavy • ViaSat 3 Americas
>>
>> October Falcon Heavy • USSF 52
>>
>> November Falcon Heavy • USSF 67
>>
>> Lots of opportunities to watch for Eastern peoples.
>>
> The question is whether NASA will let people get closer than right here:
> https://www.google.com/maps/@28.6279512,-80.7885152,196m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en
>

> which is a little over 11 miles from the launch pad.
>
> I want to see a heavy from here:
> https://www.google.com/maps/@28.6279512,-80.7885152,196m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en
>

> which is about 3 miles from the pad.

Any idea how they determine site locations?

--
Frank Howell

Re: OT~5 Falcon Heavies to launch this year!

<HzM3K.789906$aT3.779829@fx09.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14178&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14178

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 21:52:39 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 01:52 UTC

Frank Howell wrote:
> bfh wrote:
>> Frank Howell wrote:
>>> Holy Moly, I didn't see this increase of launches coming.
>>>

>>> Falcon Heavy • USSF 44 NET June
>>>
>>> Aug.1 Falcon Heavy • Psyche
>>>
>>> 3rd QuarterFalcon Heavy • ViaSat 3 Americas
>>>
>>> October Falcon Heavy • USSF 52
>>>
>>> November Falcon Heavy • USSF 67
>>>
>>> Lots of opportunities to watch for Eastern peoples.
>>>
>> The question is whether NASA will let people get closer than right
>> here:
>> https://www.google.com/maps/@28.6279512,-80.7885152,196m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en
>>

>> which is a little over 11 miles from the launch pad.
>>
>> I want to see a heavy from here:
>> https://www.google.com/maps/@28.6279512,-80.7885152,196m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en
>>

>> which is about 3 miles from the pad.
>>
> Any idea how they determine site locations?

No, but as best I remember, the NASA Nazis started closing that road
for 39A launches sometime during the pandemic. Back during the shuttle
years, it was always closed for shuttle launches.

After the shuttle retired, and before they started closing it at the
first link up there, I and some other folks got run off from right here:
https://www.google.com/maps/@28.6430586,-80.6980105,155m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

The rules seem to "evolve" like the Covid "science" evolves. I allege
that it's my triangulated opinion that if you could literally find
someone to ask for any given scheduled launch from 39A - or 39B - they
would say, "for national security reasons, and for your safety".

Bah on 'em. damgummit bureaucrats.

--
bill

Re: OT~5 Falcon Heavies to launch this year!

<QbCdnWal1d9iCtL_nZ2dnUU7-KednZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14179&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14179

Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 19:03:46 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 02:03 UTC

On 4/7/2022 5:10 PM, bfh wrote:
> Frank Howell wrote:
>> Holy Moly, I didn't see this increase of launches coming.
>>

>> Falcon Heavy • USSF 44 NET June
>>
>> Aug.1 Falcon Heavy • Psyche
>>
>> 3rd QuarterFalcon Heavy • ViaSat 3 Americas
>>
>> October Falcon Heavy • USSF 52
>>
>> November Falcon Heavy • USSF 67
>>
>> Lots of opportunities to watch for Eastern peoples.
>>
> The question is whether NASA will let people get closer than right here:
> https://www.google.com/maps/@28.6279512,-80.7885152,196m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en
>

> which is a little over 11 miles from the launch pad.
>
> I want to see a heavy from here:
> https://www.google.com/maps/@28.6279512,-80.7885152,196m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en
>

> which is about 3 miles from the pad.

That's clearly a critical, endangered Anopheles breeding area with yuge
historical significance. You should be deeply ashamed of yourself for
even considering parking there. I suppose next you'll want to watch from
the back of a Manatee. Egotistical, me first attitude.

Re: OT~5 Falcon Heavies to launch this year!

<ElO3K.352371$f2a5.493@fx48.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14180&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14180

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 23:54:12 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 8 Apr 2022 03:54 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 4/7/2022 5:10 PM, bfh wrote:
>> Frank Howell wrote:
>>> Holy Moly, I didn't see this increase of launches coming.
>>>

>>> Falcon Heavy • USSF 44 NET June
>>>
>>> Aug.1 Falcon Heavy • Psyche
>>>
>>> 3rd QuarterFalcon Heavy • ViaSat 3 Americas
>>>
>>> October Falcon Heavy • USSF 52
>>>
>>> November Falcon Heavy • USSF 67
>>>
>>> Lots of opportunities to watch for Eastern peoples.
>>>
>> The question is whether NASA will let people get closer than right
>> here:
>> https://www.google.com/maps/@28.6279512,-80.7885152,196m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en
>>

>> which is a little over 11 miles from the launch pad.
>>
>> I want to see a heavy from here:
>> https://www.google.com/maps/@28.6279512,-80.7885152,196m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en
>>

>> which is about 3 miles from the pad.
>>
> That's clearly a critical, endangered Anopheles breeding area with
> yuge historical significance. You should be deeply ashamed of yourself
> for even considering parking there. I suppose next you'll want to
> watch from the back of a Manatee. Egotistical, me first attitude.

Well crap. That was the wrong link. Here's the right one:
https://www.google.com/maps/@28.6443571,-80.6241045,384m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Now you can whine about me disturbing the sea turtles.
59/192/4
--
bill