The way of the world is to praise dead saints and prosecute live ones. -- Nathaniel Howe

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

SubjectAuthor
o Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities FreakingmoviePig

1
Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out

<xQG6K.86880$Kdf.40417@fx96.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=141940&group=rec.arts.tv#141940

Subject: Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking
Out
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 17:48:11 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 16 Apr 2022 21:48 UTC

On 4/16/2022 4:17 PM, shawn wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 10:16:26 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <ovil5hp185m292prnfe0jdadoprn3od4ck@4ax.com>,
>> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> The issue that I have with it is that last time Trump was free to rile
>>> up a crowd we got the Jan 6 protest/riot/insurrection. I don't want to
>>> see a return to that in the future.

>>> My expectation is the Musk would allow freedom of speech until it
>>> comes to attacks against him. Those would be right out so it's great
>>> for Musk supporters.
>>
>> And when that happens, will the people who support the current
>> censorship regime be cool with the "it's a private company, they can do
>> what they want" justification or will they be massively hypocritical
>> douchebags and claim "something must be done about this censorship!"
>
> As with today the answer will be: YES. There will be people in both
> camps. It's the reality of having such a large population that we will
> always have people who think everything is fine and those that
> complain. The question is how many people look at the situation and
> think something needs to be done about it.

"In the future, everyone will be a massively hypocritical douchebag for
15 minutes.
-A. Warhol

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Musk Makes Offer to Buy Twitter / Blue-Check Celebrities Freaking Out