The average nutritional value of promises is roughly zero.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Wanna Move to Georgia

SubjectAuthor
* Wanna Move to GeorgiaFrank Tabor
`* Re: Wanna Move to GeorgiaGeorge .Anthony
 `- Re: Wanna Move to Georgiabfh

1
Wanna Move to Georgia

<Mnz5K.74257$Kdf.6555@fx96.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14206&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14206

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fta...@gmail.com (Frank Tabor)
Subject: Wanna Move to Georgia
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 08:30:36 -0400
 by: Frank Tabor - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 12:30 UTC

https://www.newsmax.com/us/constitutional-carry-gun-rights-georgia-brian-kemp/2022/04/12/id/1065499/?oRef=linkin.bio

Of special note; The governor also signed another piece of legislation
at the same Douglasville signing ceremony that allows concealed weapons
permit holders from other states to carry legally in Georgia.

"HB 218 ensures that individuals who are licensed to carry in another
state are also authorized to do so here in Georgia," he said of the
other bill.

Re: Wanna Move to Georgia

<t36sk2$om7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14209&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14209

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George .Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Wanna Move to Georgia
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 11:09:37 -0500
 by: George .Anthony - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 16:09 UTC

On 4/13/2022 7:30 AM, Frank Tabor wrote:
> https://www.newsmax.com/us/constitutional-carry-gun-rights-georgia-brian-kemp/2022/04/12/id/1065499/?oRef=linkin.bio
>

> Of special note; The governor also signed another piece of legislation
> at the same Douglasville signing ceremony that allows concealed weapons
> permit holders from other states to carry legally in Georgia.
>
> "HB 218 ensures that individuals who are licensed to carry in another
> state are also authorized to do so here in Georgia," he said of the
> other bill.

Many states have reciprocity agreements. Even Washington and Oregon with
some states. About 31 states, including Georgia, have reciprocity
agreements with Texas. Some of those have restrictions but they are
mostly minimum age requirements.

--
"Our country was founded by geniuses, but it's being run by idiots."
– Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy

Re: Wanna Move to Georgia

<l7D5K.724976$oF2.550057@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14210&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14210

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 12:46:09 -0400
 by: bfh - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 16:46 UTC

George .Anthony wrote:
> On 4/13/2022 7:30 AM, Frank Tabor wrote:
>> https://www.newsmax.com/us/constitutional-carry-gun-rights-georgia-brian-kemp/2022/04/12/id/1065499/?oRef=linkin.bio
>>

>> Of special note; The governor also signed another piece of
>> legislation at the same Douglasville signing ceremony that allows
>> concealed weapons permit holders from other states to carry legally
>> in Georgia.
>>
>> "HB 218 ensures that individuals who are licensed to carry in
>> another state are also authorized to do so here in Georgia," he said
>> of the other bill.
>
> Many states have reciprocity agreements. Even Washington and Oregon
> with some states. About 31 states, including Georgia, have reciprocity
> agreements with Texas. Some of those have restrictions but they are
> mostly minimum age requirements.

I don't trust the news to get all the details right, but this does not
appear to be reciprocity. It looks to me like GA is going to honor
licenses from other states even if those states do not honor GA
licenses. In addition, GA will no longer require a carry license for
GA residents, but will issue one if you want it. At the end of the day
going forward, this is so that we can literally be legal if we travel
to less enlightened states. Myownself welcomes this pivot to a new
calculus of the carry metrics, and I hope it is not transitory.

--
bill