The hope that springs eternal Springs right up your behind. -- Ian Drury, "This Is What We Find"

interests / rec.motorcycles.dirt / Re: Eric Gorr....always late!

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Eric Gorr....always late!milwaukeeater fu
`- Re: Eric Gorr....always late!john

1
Re: Eric Gorr....always late!

<1645b54e-0814-45d6-9391-6fd084af2c29n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=143&group=rec.motorcycles.dirt#143

Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 13:34:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Eric Gorr....always late!
From: milwauke...@gmail.com (milwaukeeater fu)
 by: milwaukeeater fu - Mon, 18 Jul 2022 20:34 UTC

On Thursday, July 13, 2000 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, mxcat wrote:
> Speaking of being late to the party! <G>
> Eric did the porting and carb work on my 91 RM250, back in 1992. I sent
> him the cylinder, head and carb. I love what these mods did to the
> bike, except for the first time I rode it. I mean, I loved them right
> away, but the new snap in the motor almost spit me off. <G>
> None of the mods made the bike more touchy or unreliable. I did have a
> bit of a problem getting the jetting dialed in, but I'm not the world's
> greatest at that to begin with. That's why I have mechanic friends!
> <G> Also, a quick call to Mr. Gore and I was spot on!
> I know that he did my porting himself, when he was associated with Tuf.
> Racing. I know this because I got a call from him asking about what I
> was looking for in the porting!
> I'm extremely happy with the work and he will get the work on my next
> bike, when I manage to figure out where I am and where I'm gonna be for
> the next year or two.
> Steve B.
>
> Peter Patton wrote:
> <<< snip commentary >>>
> > Here goes the questions:
> >
> > 1) what have others in RMD had done by Eric and how do you like the
> > mods?
> > 2) have the mods made your bike more 'touchy' or unreliable?
> > 3) was it hard to get the jetting dialed in?
> > 4) unless you are going to have bottom end work done, you just sent him
> > the cylinder and possibly carb, right? (I did see his price list)
> > 5) does he do the work himself or does he have employees do it (and if
> > so, does he check it over after or is everyone that works there good)?
> >
> > Thanks, Peter
> >
> > --
> > http://www.minnesotamotocross.com
> > Pe...@minnesotamotocross.com
> > Motocross Rules!!
> > Peter 3 # 524
> > Peter # 739
> > ICQ#59437543
almost a year since i sent in a jug.. have no idea what's going on with it, no answer on his phone, no communication, basically looks like im screwed and will have to find a very hard to find replacement top end!! fucme

Re: Eric Gorr....always late!

<tb67p6$bn5$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=144&group=rec.motorcycles.dirt#144

From: not...@home.add (john)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.dirt
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 08:21:53 -0400
 by: john - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 12:21 UTC

On 7/18/2022 4:34 PM, milwaukeeater fu wrote:
> On Thursday, July 13, 2000 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, mxcat wrote:
>> Speaking of being late to the party! <G>
>> Eric did the porting and carb work on my 91 RM250, back in 1992. I sent
>> him the cylinder, head and carb. I love what these mods did to the
>> bike, except for the first time I rode it. I mean, I loved them right
>> away, but the new snap in the motor almost spit me off. <G>
>> None of the mods made the bike more touchy or unreliable. I did have a
>> bit of a problem getting the jetting dialed in, but I'm not the world's
>> greatest at that to begin with. That's why I have mechanic friends!
>> <G> Also, a quick call to Mr. Gore and I was spot on!
>> I know that he did my porting himself, when he was associated with Tuf.
>> Racing. I know this because I got a call from him asking about what I
>> was looking for in the porting!
>> I'm extremely happy with the work and he will get the work on my next
>> bike, when I manage to figure out where I am and where I'm gonna be for
>> the next year or two.
>> Steve B.
>>
>> Peter Patton wrote:
>> <<< snip commentary >>>
>>> Here goes the questions:
>>>
>>> 1) what have others in RMD had done by Eric and how do you like the
>>> mods?
>>> 2) have the mods made your bike more 'touchy' or unreliable?
>>> 3) was it hard to get the jetting dialed in?
>>> 4) unless you are going to have bottom end work done, you just sent him
>>> the cylinder and possibly carb, right? (I did see his price list)
>>> 5) does he do the work himself or does he have employees do it (and if
>>> so, does he check it over after or is everyone that works there good)?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Peter
>>>
>>> --
>>> http://www.minnesotamotocross.com
>>> Pe...@minnesotamotocross.com
>>> Motocross Rules!!
>>> Peter 3 # 524
>>> Peter # 739
>>> ICQ#59437543
> almost a year since i sent in a jug.. have no idea what's going on with it, no answer on his phone, no communication, basically looks like im screwed and will have to find a very hard to find replacement top end!! fucme

respond to a 20 year old post? guess usenet never forgets...
what jug ya looking for, i can check my local shop.
john