From: ema...@domain.com (Ralph E Lindberg)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Fewest Americans collecting jobless aid since 1970
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 07:50:21 -0700
 by: Ralph E Lindberg - Fri, 22 Apr 2022 14:50 UTC

On 2022-04-21 15:37:16 +0000, Technobarbarian said:

> "About 1.42 million Americans were collecting traditional unemployment
> benefits in the week of April 9, the fewest since February 21, 1970.
>
> Two years after the coronavirus pandemic plunged the economy into a
> brief but devastating recession, American workers are enjoying
> extraordinary job security. Weekly applications for unemployment aid,
> which broadly track with layoffs, have remained consistently below the
> pre-pandemic level of 225,000.
>
> Last year, employers added a record 6.7 million jobs, and they’ve added
> an average of 560,000 more each month so far in 2022. The unemployment
> rate, which soared to 14.7% in April 2020 in the depths of the COVID-19
> recession, is now just 3.6%, barely above the lowest point in 50 years.
> And there is a record proportion of 1.7 job openings for every
> unemployed American."
>
> https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/fewest-americans-collecting-jobless-aid-1970-84213813
>

> TB

The County with near (if not the) lowest unemployement, Elkhorn IN is
getting an Amazon Fullfillment center.
One problem is Amazon's announced starting salary ie below that of what
the RV industry is paying.
So Amazon will have to "import" workers, or pay more.