Good day to avoid cops. Crawl to work.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: Scammed by Starlink

SubjectAuthor
* Scammed by StarlinkFrank Howell
+* Re: Scammed by Starlinkbfh
|`* Re: Scammed by StarlinkFrank Howell
| `* Re: Scammed by Starlinkbfh
|  +- Re: Scammed by Starlinkdm_callier
|  +* Re: Scammed by StarlinkGeorge.Anthony
|  |`- Re: Scammed by StarlinkGeorge Anthony
|  `* Re: Scammed by Starlinkbfh
|   `* Re: Scammed by Starlinkkmiller
|    `- Re: Scammed by Starlinkbfh
`* Re: Scammed by Starlinkkmiller
 `- Re: Scammed by StarlinkFrank Howell

1
Scammed by Starlink

<yRm9K.4309$lX6b.1370@fx33.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14371&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14371

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphow...@usermail.com (Frank Howell)
Subject: Scammed by Starlink
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 18:31:03 -0700
 by: Frank Howell - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 01:31 UTC

Customers are frustrated with price hikes for uplink kits they still
haven't received months after paying $100 deposits

In March, SpaceX told its customers it was raising prices because of
inflation, among other things. The price of a Starlink uplink kit rose
from $500 to $550 for customers that had already paid a deposit, and
from $500 to $600 for new customers. The monthly Starlink subscription
cost climbed from $99 to $110 for all users.

Lesson here is:There's a sucker born every minute.

--
Frank Howell

Re: Scammed by Starlink

<Iyn9K.877537$aT3.340523@fx09.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14372&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14372

Subject: Re: Scammed by Starlink
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 22:19:18 -0400
 by: bfh - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 02:19 UTC

Frank Howell wrote:
> Customers are frustrated with price hikes for uplink kits they still
> haven't received months after paying $100 deposits
>
> In March, SpaceX told its customers it was raising prices because of
> inflation, among other things. The price of a Starlink uplink kit rose
> from $500 to $550 for customers that had already paid a deposit, and
> from $500 to $600 for new customers. The monthly Starlink subscription
> cost climbed from $99 to $110 for all users.
>
> Lesson here is:There's a sucker born every minute.

Today/Year ago
Mayo - $4.56/$3.77
Milk - $3.81/$3.27
Hot dogs - $4.17/$3.72
Gas - $3.45/$2.52

I guess if I don't want to be a sucker, I should stay home and eat
grass and fireant soup.
And I can't even catch a possum these days.
--
bill

Re: Scammed by Starlink

<5dbef94d-b872-d47f-7360-2481ccd0e1f2@usermail.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14373&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14373

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphow...@usermail.com (Frank Howell)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 20:24:49 -0700
 by: Frank Howell - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 03:24 UTC

bfh wrote:
> Frank Howell wrote:
>> Customers are frustrated with price hikes for uplink kits they still
>> haven't received months after paying $100 deposits
>>
>> In March, SpaceX told its customers it was raising prices because of
>> inflation, among other things. The price of a Starlink uplink kit rose
>> from $500 to $550 for customers that had already paid a deposit, and
>> from $500 to $600 for new customers. The monthly Starlink subscription
>> cost climbed from $99 to $110 for all users.
>>
>> Lesson here is:There's a sucker born every minute.
>
>       Today/Year ago
> Mayo - $4.56/$3.77
> Milk - $3.81/$3.27
> Hot dogs - $4.17/$3.72
> Gas - $3.45/$2.52
>
> I guess if I don't want to be a sucker, I should stay home and eat grass
> and fireant soup.
> And I can't even catch a possum these days.
As long as the grass's THC is above %30 you;ll enjoy the fire ants
anyway prepared.

--
Frank Howell

Re: Scammed by Starlink

<JPo9K.643154$7F2.333547@fx12.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14374&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14374

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 23:45:44 -0400
 by: bfh - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 03:45 UTC

Frank Howell wrote:
> bfh wrote:
>> Frank Howell wrote:
>>> Customers are frustrated with price hikes for uplink kits they
>>> still haven't received months after paying $100 deposits
>>>
>>> In March, SpaceX told its customers it was raising prices because
>>> of inflation, among other things. The price of a Starlink uplink
>>> kit rose from $500 to $550 for customers that had already paid a
>>> deposit, and from $500 to $600 for new customers. The monthly
>>> Starlink subscription cost climbed from $99 to $110 for all users.
>>>
>>> Lesson here is:There's a sucker born every minute.
>>
>>  Â Â Â Â Â  Today/Year ago
>> Mayo - $4.56/$3.77
>> Milk - $3.81/$3.27
>> Hot dogs - $4.17/$3.72
>> Gas - $3.45/$2.52
>>
>> I guess if I don't want to be a sucker, I should stay home and eat
>> grass and fireant soup.
>> And I can't even catch a possum these days.
> As long as the grass's THC is above %30 you;ll enjoy the fire ants
> anyway prepared.

I don't have any of that, and Walmart doesn't sell it here. All I've
got is centipede and bahiagrass. If I'd known about this sucker
business sooner, there were fields of sour grass all around here up
until a week or two ago that I could have picked and hoarded up before
the word got around.

--
bill

Re: Scammed by Starlink

<4161bf41-e471-446f-97b4-5faafefb7245n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14375&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14375

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 07:26:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: dm.call...@gmail.com (dm_callier)
 by: dm_callier - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 14:26 UTC

On Monday, April 25, 2022 at 6:59:01 AM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:
<snip>
> It wasn't worth reading because no one could put their finger on
> an actual scam. Here comes that "feelings" part again. They felt
> scammed. They were still going through with the deal at the higher prices..

Balderdash. True, patriotic 'Mericans don't have feeking feelings, they have true knowledge that emanates from their guts not lamestream crap from some wishy washy sciencey librul propagandist. They just know something is going on. Look around; it's obvious, plain as the nose on your face.

Enjoy the day!

Re: Scammed by Starlink

<t46c4h$t68$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14376&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14376

From: ganth...@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 14:44:33 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:g8metEFgEcXZRLbpo0xXQ8o1hn4=
 by: George.Anthony - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 14:44 UTC

Technobarbarian <technobarbarian-ztopzpam@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/24/2022 8:45 PM, bfh wrote:
>> Frank Howell wrote:

>>> As long as the grass's THC is above %30 you;ll enjoy the fire ants
>>> anyway prepared.
>>>

>> I don't have any of that, and Walmart doesn't sell it here. All I've got
>> is centipede and bahiagrass. If I'd known about this sucker business
>> sooner, there were fields of sour grass all around here up until a week
>> or two ago that I could have picked and hoarded up before the word got
>> around.
>>

> While the price of wacky grass keeps going down. You can pick up
> an ounce of 25% flowers for around $30. If you're worried about
> concentration you can pick up a gram of concentrates that will run over
> 60% for around $12.
>
> That was the easy part. The problem I'm having is figuring out
> where the scam is? Did Elon promise anyone that the prices would never
> go up? If they don't like the new deal people who made a deposit can get
> their money back. Everyone knew what the deal was going in.
>
> I went looking for the scam and found this article:
>
> "'Scammed by Starlink': Customers are frustrated with price hikes for
> uplink kits they still haven't received months after paying $100 deposits"
>
> https://www.businessinsider.com/spacex-starlink-customers-frustrated-price-hikes-deposits-customer-services-2022-4
>
> It wasn't worth reading because no one could put their finger on
> an actual scam. Here comes that "feelings" part again. They felt
> scammed. They were still going through with the deal at the higher prices.
>
> TB

Did you change your registration to republican again?

Re: Scammed by Starlink

<YWz9K.613092$mF2.149444@fx11.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14377&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14377

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 12:24:24 -0400
 by: bfh - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 16:24 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On 4/24/2022 8:45 PM, bfh wrote:
>> Frank Howell wrote:

>>> As long as the grass's THC is above %30 you;ll enjoy the fire ants
>>> anyway prepared.
>>>

>> I don't have any of that, and Walmart doesn't sell it here. All I've
>> got is centipede and bahiagrass. If I'd known about this sucker
>> business sooner, there were fields of sour grass all around here up
>> until a week or two ago that I could have picked and hoarded up
>> before the word got around.
>>

>       While the price of wacky grass keeps going down. You can pick
> up an ounce of 25% flowers for around $30. If you're worried about
> concentration you can pick up a gram of concentrates that will run
> over 60% for around $12.

At the end of the day going forward, about the only illegal thing I do
is drive 8 over. I've even quit doing rolling stops. However comma I
still walk boldly past the Walmart receipt checker - but I don't think
that's literally illegal.

>      That was the easy part. The problem I'm having is figuring out
> where the scam is? Did Elon promise anyone that the prices would never
> go up? If they don't like the new deal people who made a deposit can
> get their money back. Everyone knew what the deal was going in.

>      I went looking for the scam and found this article:
>
> "'Scammed by Starlink': Customers are frustrated with price hikes for
> uplink kits they still haven't received months after paying $100
> deposits"

I don't know why they call them uplink kits. It's the down part that's
important to me.

> https://www.businessinsider.com/spacex-starlink-customers-frustrated-price-hikes-deposits-customer-services-2022-4
>

>      It wasn't worth reading because no one could put their finger on
> an actual scam. Here comes that "feelings" part again. They felt
> scammed. They were still going through with the deal at the higher
> prices.

If I've got to accept feeling like a scamee to get more than 2.8 Mbps,
then I'll willingly feel it. Besides, Walmart, ATT, DirecTV, Netflix,
Amazon, SiriusXM, Publix, Harvey's, my propane provider, etc., are
scamming me, too, I guess.

--
bill

Re: Scammed by Starlink

<643acf7a-f9c2-4531-b649-2441f5248916n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14378&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14378

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:48:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: rbruderm...@gmail.com (George Anthony)
 by: George Anthony - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 18:48 UTC

On Monday, April 25, 2022 at 7:44:35 AM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:

> Did you change your registration to republican again?
>
>Our country was founded by geniuses, but it's being run by idiots LIKE TRUMP

Did you know your favored tax cheat has one thing in common with Elon they are both scofflaws and are being investigated for tax fraud, wonder how long the buffoon will hold out with 10 K per day of change missing from his pocket money.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trump-must-pay-10k-day-164048070.html
--

Re: Scammed by Starlink

<b4mdnQYIRKCo1vr_nZ2dnUU7-fEAAAAA@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14387&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14387

Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 18:30:32 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 01:30 UTC

On 4/24/2022 6:31 PM, Frank Howell wrote:
> Customers are frustrated with price hikes for uplink kits they still
> haven't received months after paying $100 deposits
>
> In March, SpaceX told its customers it was raising prices because of
> inflation, among other things. The price of a Starlink uplink kit rose
> from $500 to $550 for customers that had already paid a deposit, and
> from $500 to $600 for new customers. The monthly Starlink subscription
> cost climbed from $99 to $110 for all users.
>
> Lesson here is:There's a sucker born every minute.

Damn, Frank. You getting your news over dial up?

Re: Scammed by Starlink

<b4mdnQEIRKAK1vr_nZ2dnUU7-fGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14388&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14388

Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 18:32:10 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 01:32 UTC

On 4/25/2022 9:24 AM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:

>>> I don't have any of that, and Walmart doesn't sell it here. All I've
>>> got is centipede and bahiagrass. If I'd known about this sucker
>>> business sooner, there were fields of sour grass all around here up
>>> until a week or two ago that I could have picked and hoarded up
>>> before the word got around.
>>>

>>        While the price of wacky grass keeps going down. You can pick
>> up an ounce of 25% flowers for around $30. If you're worried about
>> concentration you can pick up a gram of concentrates that will run
>> over 60% for around $12.
>
> At the end of the day going forward, about the only illegal thing I do
> is drive 8 over. I've even quit doing rolling stops. However comma I
> still walk boldly past the Walmart receipt checker - but I don't think
> that's literally illegal.
>
>>       That was the easy part. The problem I'm having is figuring out
>> where the scam is? Did Elon promise anyone that the prices would never
>> go up? If they don't like the new deal people who made a deposit can
>> get their money back. Everyone knew what the deal was going in.
>
>>       I went looking for the scam and found this article:
>>
>> "'Scammed by Starlink': Customers are frustrated with price hikes for
>> uplink kits they still haven't received months after paying $100
>> deposits"
>
> I don't know why they call them uplink kits. It's the down part that's
> important to me.
>
>> https://www.businessinsider.com/spacex-starlink-customers-frustrated-price-hikes-deposits-customer-services-2022-4
>>

>>       It wasn't worth reading because no one could put their finger on
>> an actual scam. Here comes that "feelings" part again. They felt
>> scammed. They were still going through with the deal at the higher
>> prices.
>
> If I've got to accept feeling like a scamee to get more than 2.8 Mbps,
> then I'll willingly feel it. Besides, Walmart, ATT, DirecTV, Netflix,
> Amazon, SiriusXM, Publix, Harvey's, my propane provider, etc., are
> scamming me, too, I guess.

As a scamee, I can't say I feel scammed. But, I can tell you I did not
lose that election!

Re: Scammed by Starlink

<tqI9K.879304$aT3.55799@fx09.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14390&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14390

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 22:04:09 -0400
 by: bfh - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 02:04 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 4/25/2022 9:24 AM, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:

>>>        While the price of wacky grass keeps going down. You
>>> can pick up an ounce of 25% flowers for around $30. If you're
>>> worried about concentration you can pick up a gram of concentrates
>>> that will run over 60% for around $12.
>>
>> At the end of the day going forward, about the only illegal thing I
>> do is drive 8 over. I've even quit doing rolling stops. However
>> comma I still walk boldly past the Walmart receipt checker - but I
>> don't think that's literally illegal.
>>
>>>       That was the easy part. The problem I'm having is
>>> figuring out where the scam is? Did Elon promise anyone that the
>>> prices would never go up? If they don't like the new deal people
>>> who made a deposit can get their money back. Everyone knew what the
>>> deal was going in.
>>
>>>       I went looking for the scam and found this article:
>>>
>>> "'Scammed by Starlink': Customers are frustrated with price hikes
>>> for uplink kits they still haven't received months after paying
>>> $100 deposits"
>>
>> I don't know why they call them uplink kits. It's the down part
>> that's important to me.
>>
>>> https://www.businessinsider.com/spacex-starlink-customers-frustrated-price-hikes-deposits-customer-services-2022-4
>>>

>>>       It wasn't worth reading because no one could put their
>>> finger on an actual scam. Here comes that "feelings" part again.
>>> They felt scammed. They were still going through with the deal at
>>> the higher prices.
>>
>> If I've got to accept feeling like a scamee to get more than 2.8
>> Mbps, then I'll willingly feel it. Besides, Walmart, ATT, DirecTV,
>> Netflix, Amazon, SiriusXM, Publix, Harvey's, my propane provider,
>> etc., are scamming me, too, I guess.
>>

> As a scamee, I can't say I feel scammed. But, I can tell you I did not
> lose that election!

damn. I didn't even know that you ran.

--
bill

Re: Scammed by Starlink

<a201ba48-31ce-dd63-c5e5-052d9045fa24@usermail.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14391&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14391

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphow...@usermail.com (Frank Howell)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 09:41:30 -0700
 by: Frank Howell - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 16:41 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 4/24/2022 6:31 PM, Frank Howell wrote:
>> Customers are frustrated with price hikes for uplink kits they still
>> haven't received months after paying $100 deposits
>>
>> In March, SpaceX told its customers it was raising prices because of
>> inflation, among other things. The price of a Starlink uplink kit rose
>> from $500 to $550 for customers that had already paid a deposit, and
>> from $500 to $600 for new customers. The monthly Starlink subscription
>> cost climbed from $99 to $110 for all users.
>>
>> Lesson here is:There's a sucker born every minute.
>>

> Damn, Frank. You getting your news over dial up?

Actually no, but thanks for asking.

--
Frank Howell