From: dan...@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.urban,alt.fan.cecil-adams
Subject: ye olde razor blades... not in candy, but on campaign signs (fwd)
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 13:31:43 +0000
 by: danny burstein - Tue, 18 Oct 2022 13:31 UTC

for anyone still here...

[Nexstar]

1 injured by campaign signs rigged with razor blades in Pennsylvania, police
say

The election season took an ugly turn in one southeastern Pennsylvania county
after police say razor blades affixed to campaign signs injured at least one
person.

"Over the past election cycles, we have dealt with theft of signs, vandalism of
signs, neighbor disputes, etc.. but this is the first time we have dealt with
this situation," the Upper Makefield Township Police Dept. wrote in a
statement. "What happened here is totally unacceptable and a disgusting act for
which a resident ended up slicing their fingers."

The injury happened when a resident tried to remove a sign for Democratic
gubernatorial candidate Josh Shapiro that had been placed without permission,
police said Sunday.
======
rest:
https://wgntv.com/news/nexstar-media-wire/1-injured-by-campaign-signs-rigged-with-razor-blades-in-pennsylvania-polices-say/

oh, they claim a similar event happened earlier
with a "Trump" sign

dannyb@panix.com