You can't cross a large chasm in two small jumps.

interests / rec.motorcycles.harley / Re: Heading out for RE's Memorial on Thursday

SubjectAuthor
* Heading out for RE's Memorial on ThursdayAH#104
+* Re: Heading out for RE's Memorial on ThursdaySnag
|`* Re: Heading out for RE's Memorial on ThursdayAH#104
| `- Re: Heading out for RE's Memorial on ThursdaySnag
+- Re: Heading out for RE's Memorial on ThursdayPaulie
`* Re: Heading out for RE's Memorial on ThursdayBob La Londe
 `- Re: Heading out for RE's Memorial on Thursdaychris h

1
Heading out for RE's Memorial on Thursday

<b216lg1lj2sd1t9a70cj30iimd2hq0es8i@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=142&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#142

From: AH#...@att.net (AH#104)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Subject: Heading out for RE's Memorial on Thursday
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 08:20:56 -0400
 by: AH#104 - Tue, 28 Sep 2021 12:20 UTC

In honor of RE... we're taking back roads the whole way.

From Atlanta to Memphis day one Thursday.
GA278 West through Gadsden, AL, somewhere around Cullman, AL pick up
AL157 to Muscle Shoals, AL,,, stop in the Sound Studio for a visit and
see the Tennessee River. AL72 to Memphis.

Hang in Memphis for the evening, take in Beale St. I'll swing by
Graceland, but no time for a tour...

Friday morning I want to get up to Jonesboro, AR so it looks like US64
(which I've been on from the Outer Banks, NC to western TN, some of it
with RE and the Jinks', and John Ross and somebody else?)... West to
Wynne, AR North on AR1 which looks like a sweet two laner with lots of
nothing. At Jonesboro, pick up US63 which takes me to my destination
of Columbia, MO.

Hope to see some of you there.
--
ASSHOLE#104 Len
'73XLH '16FLTRU "Barack"

Re: Heading out for RE's Memorial on Thursday

<sj06bi$deb$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=143&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#143

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Subject: Re: Heading out for RE's Memorial on Thursday
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2021 17:52:22 -0500
 by: Snag - Tue, 28 Sep 2021 22:52 UTC

On 9/28/2021 7:20 AM, AH#104 wrote:
> In honor of RE... we're taking back roads the whole way.
>
> From Atlanta to Memphis day one Thursday.
> GA278 West through Gadsden, AL, somewhere around Cullman, AL pick up
> AL157 to Muscle Shoals, AL,,, stop in the Sound Studio for a visit and
> see the Tennessee River. AL72 to Memphis.
>
> Hang in Memphis for the evening, take in Beale St. I'll swing by
> Graceland, but no time for a tour...
>
> Friday morning I want to get up to Jonesboro, AR so it looks like US64
> (which I've been on from the Outer Banks, NC to western TN, some of it
> with RE and the Jinks', and John Ross and somebody else?)... West to
> Wynne, AR North on AR1 which looks like a sweet two laner with lots of
> nothing. At Jonesboro, pick up US63 which takes me to my destination
> of Columbia, MO.
>
> Hope to see some of you there.
> --
> ASSHOLE#104 Len
> '73XLH '16FLTRU "Barack"
> BS#90 Wolf#21 PH#3 SENS MANS

Be sure to watch your speed in Parkin and Earle on Hwy 64 . City
limits are deceptively located ... I usually cruise the stretches
between towns at 7-8 over , never been hassled .
There's a pretty good Mexican restaurant in Wynne just as you come
into town should you be there around lunch time .
I can't comment on Hwy 1 , never been north from Wynne on it . 63 is
not bad , though I think it's been "improved" since I last drove it . I
was going to suggest you come thru Mountain View Ar - head west on Hwy
14 at Jonesboro , very pastoral 2 lane thru farm country and woods -
then roll north on Hwy 5 , it's a pretty decent road at least as far
north as Mansfield Mo . I'm thinking you might not want to swing this
far west on your way to Colombia , but if you do I'll buy lunch . The
Rainbow Cafe serves damn good down-home country cookin' .

BTW , got shop with welding , machine , and hand tools if anyone
needs such and you do come this way .
--
Snag
Race only matters to racists ...

Re: Heading out for RE's Memorial on Thursday

<nli8lg9ntrn1ulmf3gapum7jdapn9kd78u@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=144&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#144

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!4.us.feeder.erje.net!2.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!newsfeed.xs4all.nl!newsfeed8.news.xs4all.nl!news-out.netnews.com!newsin.alt.net!fdcspool1.netnews.com!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc2.netnews.com!peer03.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!fx45.iad.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: AH#...@att.net (AH#104)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 07:20:52 -0400
 by: AH#104 - Wed, 29 Sep 2021 11:20 UTC

>Snag sed:
> Be sure to watch your speed in Parkin and Earle on Hwy 64 . City
>limits are deceptively located ... I usually cruise the stretches
>between towns at 7-8 over , never been hassled .

Usually don't do more than 9 over highways (unless someone's doing 90
on the super slab, and I'll gladly hitch a ride behind them) and 5
over in towns. I like to cruise slowly to look around... always
something to gawk at.

> There's a pretty good Mexican restaurant in Wynne just as you come
>into town should you be there around lunch time .

We'll be just after breakfast going through Wynne...

> I can't comment on Hwy 1 , never been north from Wynne on it . 63 is
>not bad , though I think it's been "improved" since I last drove it . I
>was going to suggest you come thru Mountain View Ar - head west on Hwy
>14 at Jonesboro , very pastoral 2 lane thru farm country and woods -
>then roll north on Hwy 5 , it's a pretty decent road at least as far
>north as Mansfield Mo . I'm thinking you might not want to swing this
>far west on your way to Colombia , but if you do I'll buy lunch . The
>Rainbow Cafe serves damn good down-home country cookin' .

About 100 miles too far west. I was actually looking at Pig Trail...
butt, again... too far west.

I do thank you for the offer, and I'll get the next round.
--
ASSHOLE#104 Len
'73XLH '16FLTRU "Barack"

Re: Heading out for RE's Memorial on Thursday

<sj1knq$uio$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=145&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#145

From: Snag_...@msn.com (Snag)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 07:04:06 -0500
 by: Snag - Wed, 29 Sep 2021 12:04 UTC

On 9/29/2021 6:20 AM, AH#104 wrote:
>> Snag sed:
>> Be sure to watch your speed in Parkin and Earle on Hwy 64 . City
>> limits are deceptively located ... I usually cruise the stretches
>> between towns at 7-8 over , never been hassled .
>
> Usually don't do more than 9 over highways (unless someone's doing 90
> on the super slab, and I'll gladly hitch a ride behind them) and 5
> over in towns. I like to cruise slowly to look around... always
> something to gawk at.
>
>> There's a pretty good Mexican restaurant in Wynne just as you come
>> into town should you be there around lunch time .
>
> We'll be just after breakfast going through Wynne...
>
>> I can't comment on Hwy 1 , never been north from Wynne on it . 63 is
>> not bad , though I think it's been "improved" since I last drove it . I
>> was going to suggest you come thru Mountain View Ar - head west on Hwy
>> 14 at Jonesboro , very pastoral 2 lane thru farm country and woods -
>> then roll north on Hwy 5 , it's a pretty decent road at least as far
>> north as Mansfield Mo . I'm thinking you might not want to swing this
>> far west on your way to Colombia , but if you do I'll buy lunch . The
>> Rainbow Cafe serves damn good down-home country cookin' .
>
> About 100 miles too far west. I was actually looking at Pig Trail...
> butt, again... too far west.
>
> I do thank you for the offer, and I'll get the next round.
> --
> ASSHOLE#104 Len
> '73XLH '16FLTRU "Barack"
> BS#90 Wolf#21 PH#3 SENS MANS

Make mine Ezra Brooks 99 ... and maybe you can swing thru here on
your way home . We've become quite a motorcyclist destination . I think
the roads in the surrounding area might have some influence on that .
--
Snag
Race only matters to racists ...

Re: Heading out for RE's Memorial on Thursday

<497c412f-dd2c-426c-86a8-4a4a3ca02588n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=146&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#146

Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 05:29:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: fltpau...@gmail.com (Paulie)
 by: Paulie - Wed, 29 Sep 2021 12:29 UTC

On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 7:20:59 AM UTC-5, AH#104 wrote:
> In honor of RE... we're taking back roads the whole way.
>
> From Atlanta to Memphis day one Thursday.
> GA278 West through Gadsden, AL, somewhere around Cullman, AL pick up
> AL157 to Muscle Shoals, AL,,, stop in the Sound Studio for a visit and
> see the Tennessee River. AL72 to Memphis.
snip

You're cutting right through my home stomping grounds. Just west of Gadsden on US278 you will come to Snead, AL. If you're hungry around then look for a log cabin on the north side of the highway about 1 mile before you cross AL75. Al & Mick's BBQ is one of my all time favorites, make sure to try the onion rings. Wave when you cross US231, I'm literally 20 miles due north.

Watch out for farming equipment on the roads through there.

Paulie
AH140

Re: Heading out for RE's Memorial on Thursday

<sj509k$tmd$2@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=147&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#147

From: non...@none.com99 (Bob La Londe)
Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 11:39:47 -0700
 by: Bob La Londe - Thu, 30 Sep 2021 18:39 UTC

On 9/28/2021 5:20 AM, AH#104 wrote:
> In honor of RE... we're taking back roads the whole way.
>
> From Atlanta to Memphis day one Thursday.
> GA278 West through Gadsden, AL, somewhere around Cullman, AL pick up
> AL157 to Muscle Shoals, AL,,, stop in the Sound Studio for a visit and
> see the Tennessee River. AL72 to Memphis.
>
> Hang in Memphis for the evening, take in Beale St. I'll swing by
> Graceland, but no time for a tour...
>
> Friday morning I want to get up to Jonesboro, AR so it looks like US64
> (which I've been on from the Outer Banks, NC to western TN, some of it
> with RE and the Jinks', and John Ross and somebody else?)... West to
> Wynne, AR North on AR1 which looks like a sweet two laner with lots of
> nothing. At Jonesboro, pick up US63 which takes me to my destination
> of Columbia, MO.
>
> Hope to see some of you there.
> --
> ASSHOLE#104 Len
> '73XLH '16FLTRU "Barack"
> BS#90 Wolf#21 PH#3 SENS MANS

Please take a tenth of a second when you are there to think the thought
that "Bob from Yuma also remembers."

https://www.avg.com

Re: Heading out for RE's Memorial on Thursday

<bf751e69-8afe-4032-b265-efb333d0dedcn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=149&group=rec.motorcycles.harley#149

Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.harley
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 10:06:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: hd36knu...@gmail.com (chris h)
 by: chris h - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 17:06 UTC

On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 11:39:50 AM UTC-7, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 9/28/2021 5:20 AM, AH#104 wrote:
> > In honor of RE... we're taking back roads the whole way.
> >
> > From Atlanta to Memphis day one Thursday.
> > GA278 West through Gadsden, AL, somewhere around Cullman, AL pick up
> > AL157 to Muscle Shoals, AL,,, stop in the Sound Studio for a visit and
> > see the Tennessee River. AL72 to Memphis.
> >
> > Hang in Memphis for the evening, take in Beale St. I'll swing by
> > Graceland, but no time for a tour...
> >
> > Friday morning I want to get up to Jonesboro, AR so it looks like US64
> > (which I've been on from the Outer Banks, NC to western TN, some of it
> > with RE and the Jinks', and John Ross and somebody else?)... West to
> > Wynne, AR North on AR1 which looks like a sweet two laner with lots of
> > nothing. At Jonesboro, pick up US63 which takes me to my destination
> > of Columbia, MO.
> >
> > Hope to see some of you there.
> > --
> > ASSHOLE#104 Len
> > '73XLH '16FLTRU "Barack"
> > BS#90 Wolf#21 PH#3 SENS MANS
> >
> Please take a tenth of a second when you are there to think the thought
> that "Bob from Yuma also remembers."
>
> --
> https://www.avg.com

This is the first I have heard about RE passing. I lost touch with him when he left Jackson.