Everything will be just tickety-boo today.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / email from Starlink tonight

SubjectAuthor
* email from Starlink tonightbfh
+- Re: email from Starlink tonightRalph E Lindberg
`* Re: email from Starlink tonightFrank Howell
 +* Re: email from Starlink tonightbfh
 |`- Re: email from Starlink tonightFrank Howell
 `- Re: email from Starlink tonightkmiller

1
email from Starlink tonight

<llJcK.11528$IQK.96@fx02.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14520&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14520

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Subject: email from Starlink tonight
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 01:34:09 -0400
 by: bfh - Thu, 5 May 2022 05:34 UTC

Starlink is excited to announce Portability as an add-on feature for
all Starlink customers. Portability enables customers to temporarily
move their Starlink to new locations and receive high-speed internet
anywhere where Starlink provides active coverage within the same
continent. To see active coverage areas, please view the Starlink
Availability Map.

You can enable Portability for $25/month on your account page. Once
enabled, Portability will take effect immediately, and you can disable
Portability from your account page at any time.

To learn more about Starlink Portability, please read our FAQ page.

Thank you for being a Starlink customer!

The Starlink team

bill

Re: email from Starlink tonight

<2022050507452731452-email@domain.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14524&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14524

From: ema...@domain.com (Ralph E Lindberg)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: email from Starlink tonight
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 07:45:27 -0700
 by: Ralph E Lindberg - Thu, 5 May 2022 14:45 UTC

On 2022-05-05 05:34:09 +0000, bfh said:

> Starlink is excited to announce Portability as an add-on feature for
> all Starlink customers. Portability enables customers to temporarily
> move their Starlink to new locations and receive high-speed internet
> anywhere where Starlink provides active coverage within the same
> continent. To see active coverage areas, please view the Starlink
> Availability Map.
>
> You can enable Portability for $25/month on your account page. Once
> enabled, Portability will take effect immediately, and you can disable
> Portability from your account page at any time.
>
> To learn more about Starlink Portability, please read our FAQ page.
>
> Thank you for being a Starlink customer!
>
> The Starlink team

One of my friends got her's setup a few days ago. Her "own" zone is
full, but she got it primarily for access when we are out in more rural
areas and she needs to live stream what we are doing or she needs to
work from where-ever (IT manager)

Re: email from Starlink tonight

<5ea34034-ddaa-3731-33de-bd34f23893ce@yahoo.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14526&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14526

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphow...@yahoo.com (Frank Howell)
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 12:25:25 -0700
 by: Frank Howell - Thu, 5 May 2022 19:25 UTC

bfh wrote:
> Starlink is excited to announce Portability as an add-on feature for all
> Starlink customers. Portability enables customers to temporarily move
> their Starlink to new locations and receive high-speed internet anywhere
> where Starlink provides active coverage within the same continent. To
> see active coverage areas, please view the Starlink Availability Map.
>
> You can enable Portability for $25/month on your account page. Once
> enabled, Portability will take effect immediately, and you can disable
> Portability from your account page at any time.
>
> To learn more about Starlink Portability, please read our FAQ page.
>
> Thank you for being a Starlink customer!
>
> The Starlink team

Only $25 a month! Today!

--
Frank Howell

Re: email from Starlink tonight

<7QVcK.2087$lWNd.1152@fx99.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14528&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14528

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 15:46:11 -0400
 by: bfh - Thu, 5 May 2022 19:46 UTC

Frank Howell wrote:
> bfh wrote:
>> Starlink is excited to announce Portability as an add-on feature for
>> all Starlink customers. Portability enables customers to temporarily
>> move their Starlink to new locations and receive high-speed internet
>> anywhere where Starlink provides active coverage within the same
>> continent. To see active coverage areas, please view the Starlink
>> Availability Map.
>>
>> You can enable Portability for $25/month on your account page. Once
>> enabled, Portability will take effect immediately, and you can
>> disable Portability from your account page at any time.
>>
>> To learn more about Starlink Portability, please read our FAQ page.
>>
>> Thank you for being a Starlink customer!
>>
>> The Starlink team
>>
> Only $25 a month! Today!

If I were still camping and wanted to be seriously connected, I'd pay
that........but I'm not and wouldn't and won't. I mean, hell, dude -
when I was traveling and camping, I didn't even listen to the radio
unless I was behind the wheel and moving.

--
bill

Re: email from Starlink tonight

<e728f579-051d-fb57-7d2a-a5096b5b36dd@yahoo.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14531&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14531

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphow...@yahoo.com (Frank Howell)
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 15:50:13 -0700
 by: Frank Howell - Thu, 5 May 2022 22:50 UTC

bfh wrote:
> Frank Howell wrote:
>> bfh wrote:
>>> Starlink is excited to announce Portability as an add-on feature for
>>> all Starlink customers. Portability enables customers to temporarily
>>> move their Starlink to new locations and receive high-speed internet
>>> anywhere where Starlink provides active coverage within the same
>>> continent. To see active coverage areas, please view the Starlink
>>> Availability Map.
>>>
>>> You can enable Portability for $25/month on your account page. Once
>>> enabled, Portability will take effect immediately, and you can
>>> disable Portability from your account page at any time.
>>>
>>> To learn more about Starlink Portability, please read our FAQ page.
>>>
>>> Thank you for being a Starlink customer!
>>>
>>> The Starlink team
>>>
>> Only $25 a month! Today!
>>
> If I were still camping and wanted to be seriously connected, I'd pay
> that........but I'm not and wouldn't and won't. I mean, hell, dude -
> when I was traveling and camping, I didn't even listen to the radio
> unless I was behind the wheel and moving.

Well better then trying to adapt a Hughesnet dish to portability.

--
Frank Howell

Re: email from Starlink tonight

<4_SdnXsdH7bR4-n_nZ2dnUU7-S-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14532&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14532

Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 18:47:59 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Fri, 6 May 2022 01:47 UTC

On 5/5/2022 12:25 PM, Frank Howell wrote:
> bfh wrote:
>> Starlink is excited to announce Portability as an add-on feature for
>> all Starlink customers. Portability enables customers to temporarily
>> move their Starlink to new locations and receive high-speed internet
>> anywhere where Starlink provides active coverage within the same
>> continent. To see active coverage areas, please view the Starlink
>> Availability Map.
>>
>> You can enable Portability for $25/month on your account page. Once
>> enabled, Portability will take effect immediately, and you can disable
>> Portability from your account page at any time.
>>
>> To learn more about Starlink Portability, please read our FAQ page.
>>
>> Thank you for being a Starlink customer!
>>
>> The Starlink team
>>
> Only $25 a month! Today!

That's $25 a month on top of your current Starlink charge...