Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 19:30:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Black influencers reflect on uneasy visits to Oregon and other
Northwest locales
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Sun, 8 May 2022 02:30 UTC

On Saturday, May 7, 2022 at 3:58:23 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:
> "Black influencers reflect on uneasy visits to Oregon and other
> Northwest locales"
>
> "When Anthony and Marlie Love moved to Seattle in 2019, they knew they
> wanted to explore their new home. The Loves moved from the Midwest, and
> were uncertain about how they would be treated as Black people as they
> explored unfamiliar neighborhoods in Seattle and other places around the
> Pacific Northwest.
>
> “We weren’t really sure what places we would feel most comfortable,”
> Marlie Love said.
>
> After a trip to Vancouver, British Columbia, the couple decided to
> create “Traveling While Black in Seattle,” a YouTube channel that rates
> different destinations based on several criteria, including how welcome
> Black people may feel while visiting there.
>
> The Loves recently documented their trip to Portland. While the city
> earned generally high marks, the Loves didn’t give Portland the highest
> comfort rating."
>
> https://www.opb.org/article/2022/05/07/black-influencers-reflect-uneasy-visits-oregon-northwest-locales/
>
> TB

Perhaps George A., RORT's own contributing Negro, should post his version of RVing while Black, with all the politically correct qualifiers, like how putting a flag decal, especially with a blue line in it, on their "hoopties", can make folks of color more accepted during their travels, should they venture into peckerwood territory?

The Grand Wizard of Oz

Re: Black influencers reflect on uneasy visits to Oregon and other Northwest locales

<8e1b2b4d-495e-4931-824c-e2e61c3114edn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14543&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14543

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 8 May 2022 07:11:22 -0700 (PDT)
Northwest locales
From: rbruderm...@gmail.com (George Anthony)
 by: George Anthony - Sun, 8 May 2022 14:11 UTC

On Saturday, May 7, 2022 at 7:30:26 PM UTC-7, film...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, May 7, 2022 at 3:58:23 PM UTC-7, Technobarbarian wrote:
> > "Black influencers reflect on uneasy visits to Oregon and other
> > Northwest locales"
> >
> > "When Anthony and Marlie Love moved to Seattle in 2019, they knew they
> > wanted to explore their new home. The Loves moved from the Midwest, and
> > were uncertain about how they would be treated as Black people as they
> > explored unfamiliar neighborhoods in Seattle and other places around the
> > Pacific Northwest.
> >
> > “We weren’t really sure what places we would feel most comfortable,”
> > Marlie Love said.
> >
> > After a trip to Vancouver, British Columbia, the couple decided to
> > create “Traveling While Black in Seattle,” a YouTube channel that rates
> > different destinations based on several criteria, including how welcome
> > Black people may feel while visiting there.
> >
> > The Loves recently documented their trip to Portland. While the city
> > earned generally high marks, the Loves didn’t give Portland the highest
> > comfort rating."
> >
> > https://www.opb.org/article/2022/05/07/black-influencers-reflect-uneasy-visits-oregon-northwest-locales/
> >
> > TB
> Perhaps George A., RORT's own contributing Negro, should post his version of RVing while Black, with all the politically correct qualifiers, like how putting a flag decal, especially with a blue line in it, on their "hoopties", can make folks of color more accepted during their travels, should they venture into peckerwood territory?
>
> The Grand Wizard of Oz

His own brothers just as soon have him lynched