Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 07:00:34 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
Subject: No One Would Know It Was Us
 by: kmiller - Sat, 7 May 2022 14:00 UTC

“NO ONE WOULD KNOW IT WAS US”: TRUMP THOUGHT HE COULD FIRE MISSILES INTO
MEXICO AND BLAME IT ON ANOTHER COUNTRY

Something you probably picked up on over the last few years is that
Donald Trump has little to no grasp on reality. We know this because he
thinks he invented the phrase “prime the pump”; that Ivanka created 14
millions of jobs; that health insurance costs $12 a year; that Greenland
is for sale; that the three best days of Queen Elizabeth’s life were the
ones she spent with him; and that he could shoot missiles into another
country and no one would find out.

Yes, The New York Times reports that in his forthcoming memoir, A Sacred
Oath, former Defense Secretary Mark Esper recounts that in the summer of
2020, Trump asked, on at least two occasions, if the military could
“shoot missiles into Mexico to destroy the drug labs,” saying, “They
don’t have control of their own country.” Told all the various reasons
this idea was a non-starter, the then president insisted that they could
do it “quietly,” adding: “no one would know it was us.” Apparently
informed that yes, in fact, people would know it was the U.S., Trump
responded that he would simply lie and say we didn’t do it. While this
obviously sounds absolutely insane, Trump has actually floated similar
ideas in public. (In a speech to Republican donors in March, Trump
suggested that the U.S. should “put the Chinese flag” on its military
planes, “bomb the shit” out of Russia, “and then we say, China did it,
we didn’t do it, China did it, and [let them] start fighting with each
other.”)

According to Esper, Trump became more emboldened after his first
impeachment acquittal. Around the same time he was suggesting to
secretly bomb Mexico and pass it off like he didn’t do it, Trump also
wanted to put 10,000 active-duty troops on the streets of D.C. to police
the protests in the wake of George Floyd’s murder. (It was these
protesters that, per Esper, Trump wanted to “just shoot.”) And in May of
2020, Trump apparently “behaved so erratically” during a meeting about
China that the Joint Chiefs of Staff subsequently felt the need to
research the 25th Amendment, i.e. the mechanism by which the president
is removed from office by his cabinet. (A spokesman for Trump did not
respond to the Times’ request for comment.)

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/05/donald-trump-mexico-missiles-mark-esper

Re: No One Would Know It Was Us

<8fa91c7a-1882-b34e-2837-89ddfb5f3ba6@yahoo.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14550&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14550

Subject: Re: No One Would Know It Was Us
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphow...@yahoo.com (Frank Howell)
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 00:55:27 -0700
 by: Frank Howell - Tue, 10 May 2022 07:55 UTC

kmiller wrote:

> “NO ONE WOULD KNOW IT WAS US”: TRUMP THOUGHT HE COULD FIRE MISSILES INTO
> MEXICO AND BLAME IT ON ANOTHER COUNTRY
>
> Something you probably picked up on over the last few years is that
> Donald Trump has little to no grasp on reality. We know this because he
> thinks he invented the phrase “prime the pump”; that Ivanka created 14
> millions of jobs; that health insurance costs $12 a year; that Greenland
> is for sale; that the three best days of Queen Elizabeth’s life were the
> ones she spent with him; and that he could shoot missiles into another
> country and no one would find out.
>
> Yes, The New York Times reports that in his forthcoming memoir, A Sacred
> Oath, former Defense Secretary Mark Esper recounts that in the summer of
> 2020, Trump asked, on at least two occasions, if the military could
> “shoot missiles into Mexico to destroy the drug labs,” saying, “They
> don’t have control of their own country.” Told all the various reasons
> this idea was a non-starter, the then president insisted that they could
> do it “quietly,” adding: “no one would know it was us.” Apparently
> informed that yes, in fact, people would know it was the U.S., Trump
> responded that he would simply lie and say we didn’t do it. While this
> obviously sounds absolutely insane, Trump has actually floated similar
> ideas in public. (In a speech to Republican donors in March, Trump
> suggested that the U.S. should “put the Chinese flag” on its military
> planes, “bomb the shit” out of Russia, “and then we say, China did it,
> we didn’t do it, China did it, and [let them] start fighting with each
> other.”)
>
> According to Esper, Trump became more emboldened after his first
> impeachment acquittal. Around the same time he was suggesting to
> secretly bomb Mexico and pass it off like he didn’t do it, Trump also
> wanted to put 10,000 active-duty troops on the streets of D.C. to police
> the protests in the wake of George Floyd’s murder. (It was these
> protesters that, per Esper, Trump wanted to “just shoot.”) And in May of
> 2020, Trump apparently “behaved so erratically” during a meeting about
> China that the Joint Chiefs of Staff subsequently felt the need to
> research the 25th Amendment, i.e. the mechanism by which the president
> is removed from office by his cabinet. (A spokesman for Trump did not
> respond to the Times’ request for comment.)
>
> https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/05/donald-trump-mexico-missiles-mark-esper
> By deity I love it. Unfortunately Trump loyalists will love it. Their
interpretation will be Trump can do no wrong and would agree that Mexico
should be held responsible for all drug deaths in the US.

"I fired Yesper because he was a RINO incapable of leading, and I had
to run the military myself."

"Mark Esper was a stiff who was desperate not to lose his job. He would
do anything I wanted, that's why I call him 'Yesper.'"

The origin of the nickname revealed. Also, Trump is trying to argue two
seemingly contradictory things against Esper: That he was ineffective
and that he would do anything Trump wanted. How can both be right?

https://tinyurl.com/y6dfyq8p

When you have a mind like Trump's there is no wrong. And no lies.

--
Frank Howell