From: ema...@domain.com (Ralph E Lindberg)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Seasonal flu virus may be a direct descendant of the 1918 'Spanish flu'
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 07:48:40 -0700
 by: Ralph E Lindberg - Thu, 12 May 2022 14:48 UTC

On 2022-05-11 14:54:15 +0000, Technobarbarian said:

> This could be a clue about where the Covid virus is headed. If
> nothing else it's one possibility.
>
> "Seasonal flu virus may be a direct descendant of the 1918 'Spanish
> flu' that caused a global pandemic and killed up to 100m people, study
> finds
> The seasonal human flu virus 'may have descended from 1918 Spanish flu strain'
>
> Based on the analysis of samples collected in Europe during the 1918 pandemic
>
> Researchers in Berlin revealed more details on the biology of the H1N1
> flu virus
>
> Detected mutations in virus that may have helped it better adapt to
> human hosts"
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-10801921/Seasonal-flu-direct-descendant-1918-Spanish-flu.html
>

> TB

I don't recall if I posted anything here about the "Russian Flu" (not
current 1890)
While they called it a "flu" back than, no Flu DNA has been found in
the preserved pathology. But the symptoms match a Corona virius (loss
of taste and smell)
Specifically Human coronavirus OC43

While today it has mutated to only cause a "common cold", it killed
over a million people in the 1890s