Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 16:42:28 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
Subject: Sinkhole Of Corruption
 by: kmiller - Thu, 12 May 2022 23:42 UTC

No surprise there:

Workers took Donald Trump’s name off his hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue in
Washington DC on Wednesday, after the completion of the $375m sale of
the lease to investors from Florida.

House Democrats estimate the former president, under legal and financial
pressure on multiple fronts, will reportedly gain $100m from the sale,
once a loan for the renovations is paid off.

One ethics group called the hotel “a sinkhole of corruption”. During
Trump’s four years in the White House, the hotel became a magnet for
aides, supporters and foreign businesses seeking favour.

Critics and ethics groups were particularly concerned about the
situation as Trump did not formally divest himself from the Trump
Organization. The presidential historian Michael Beschloss predicted
that even after the sale “political ghosts will linger”.

The hotel lost more than $70m in the four years of Trump’s presidency,
including losses each year before pandemic shutdowns in 2020. Many hotel
brokers, owners and consultants did not expect the 263-room hotel,
located close to the White House, to fetch such a high price.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/12/sinkhole-corruption-trump-organization-closes-sale-washington-hotel

Maybe now he can pay his contempt of court fines. HawHawHaw!

Re: Sinkhole Of Corruption

<WhhfK.1989$ed43.377@fx99.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14581&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#14581

Subject: Re: Sinkhole Of Corruption
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 20:06:14 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 13 May 2022 00:06 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> No surprise there:
>
> Workers took Donald Trump’s name off his hotel on Pennsylvania
> Avenue in Washington DC on Wednesday, after the completion of the
> $375m sale of the lease to investors from Florida.
>
> House Democrats estimate the former president, under legal and
> financial pressure on multiple fronts, will reportedly gain $100m from
> the sale, once a loan for the renovations is paid off.
>
> One ethics group called the hotel “a sinkhole of corruption”.
> During Trump’s four years in the White House, the hotel became a
> magnet for aides, supporters and foreign businesses seeking favour.
>
> Critics and ethics groups were particularly concerned about the
> situation as Trump did not formally divest himself from the Trump
> Organization. The presidential historian Michael Beschloss predicted
> that even after the sale “political ghosts will linger”.
>
> The hotel lost more than $70m in the four years of Trump’s
> presidency, including losses each year before pandemic shutdowns in
> 2020. Many hotel brokers, owners and consultants did not expect the
> 263-room hotel, located close to the White House, to fetch such a high
> price.
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/12/sinkhole-corruption-trump-organization-closes-sale-washington-hotel
>

> Maybe now he can pay his contempt of court fines. HawHawHaw!

trumptrumptrump!

HawHawHaw!

--
bill