From: dav...@wa-wd.com (David Carson)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Video of phone-using pedestrians killed in traffic?
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 13:57:13 -0500
 by: David Carson - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 18:57 UTC

A few years ago, someone here in a.o. posted a link to a video of a
series of awful accidents where pedestrians, while using their phones,
walked out into traffic, oblivious to their surroundings, and were
killed. I remember the subject line was something like "Death while
texting," and I commented that a majority of the people seemed to be
talking, not texting. Most or all of the footage seemed to be from
China. Is the person who posted that link still here? Does anyone
remember where the video was hosted? Is there still a working link?

David Carson

Re: Video of phone-using pedestrians killed in traffic?

<thijnf$2b40d$1@news.xmission.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14497&group=alt.obituaries#14497

From: gaze...@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 00:39:11 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
 by: Kenny McCormack - Wed, 5 Oct 2022 00:39 UTC

In article <m10pjh595c8sj8tfqu5uouqp320g0jjopj@4ax.com>,
David Carson <davidc@wa-wd.com> wrote:
>A few years ago, someone here in a.o. posted a link to a video of a
>series of awful accidents where pedestrians, while using their phones,
>walked out into traffic, oblivious to their surroundings, and were
>killed. I remember the subject line was something like "Death while
>texting," and I commented that a majority of the people seemed to be
>talking, not texting. Most or all of the footage seemed to be from
>China. Is the person who posted that link still here? Does anyone
>remember where the video was hosted? Is there still a working link?

Try this:

(This one has lots of Chinese looking people in it)
Title: Funny Phone Accidents - Texting While Walking - Phone Fails
https://youtu.be/msT9B_wynJ4

(This one is from Ft. Lee, NJ)
Title: Texting While Walking Accidents: Video
https://youtu.be/wl0JojWH1rQ

http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/Rorschach

Re: Video of phone-using pedestrians killed in traffic?

<ti7b27$c2s$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14592&group=alt.obituaries#14592

From: idi...@getaway.car (Guilty Bastard)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 18:20:07 -0300
 by: Guilty Bastard - Wed, 12 Oct 2022 21:20 UTC

> David Carson <davidc@wa-wd.com> wrote:
> A few years ago, someone here in a.o. posted a link to a video of a
> series of awful accidents where pedestrians, while using their phones,
> walked out into traffic, oblivious to their surroundings, and were
> killed. I remember the subject line was something like "Death while
> texting," and I commented that a majority of the people seemed to be
> talking, not texting. Most or all of the footage seemed to be from
> China. Is the person who posted that link still here? Does anyone
> remember where the video was hosted? Is there still a working link?

Maybe it's on the "Google Groups" archive. Or on YouTube.