From: steve.si...@gmail.com (Steve Silverwood [KB6OJS])
Newsgroups: soc.history.war.misc
Subject: Re: Has anyone here read the WEB Griffin books?
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 16:28:14 -0700
 by: Steve Silverwood [KB - Wed, 29 Mar 2023 23:28 UTC

Thanks for all these references. I'll read them as soon as I can,
looking forward to adding to my knowledge on the subjects!

--
//Steve//

Re: Has anyone here read the WEB Griffin books? updated to 2023

<mjsVL.231886$b7Kc.102885@fx39.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=1476&group=soc.history.war.misc#1476

Subject: Re: Has anyone here read the WEB Griffin books? updated to 2023
Newsgroups: soc.history.war.misc
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 20:19:45 -0700
 by: a425couple - Fri, 31 Mar 2023 03:19 UTC

On 3/29/23 16:28, Steve Silverwood [KB6OJS] wrote:
> [...]
>> Hammelburg has become an enduring stain on Patton’s reputation.” '
>>
>> Good book about it =
>> Raid --- The Untold Story of Patton's Secret Mission By Richard Baron,
>> Abe Baum and Richard Goldhurst; New York: G.P.Putnam's Sons, 1981
>> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0024CEYK4/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
>>
>> and there is even a youtube
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPnpmmY1MJw
>> Task Force Baum - Patton's Insane Rescue Mission 1945
>> Mark Felton Productions
>> 842K subscribers
>> In March 1945 General Patton ordered a lightning fast mission behind
>> German lines by a small task force from the US 4th Armored Division -
>> its objective - to liberate hundreds of American POWs in a camp 40 miles
>> inside German territory. So began Task Force Baum, Patton's 'mission too

It is good to hear from you Steve.

I wish you well.

Of all crazy things, today, a Quora appeared on my feed,
that was talking about this raid of Abe Baum ordered by Patton.
Small world. Or is it the artificial intelligence
Knowing everthing that we are doing, and all our sources
ahead of us.

Hmmm. Your post on this is dated at 3/29/2023 at 1628.
And I had seen the Quora this morning at 3/30/2023 at 0900.
Coincidence, or not?
I do not know.

By the way, I'm into Science Fiction and books dealing
with Islamic issues now.