Porsche: there simply is no substitute. -- Risky Business

interests / alt.obituaries / OT: "Democracy is on the line. Don't count on white women to save it."

SubjectAuthor
* OT: "Democracy is on the line. Don't count on white women to save it."Lenona
+- Re: OT: "Democracy is on the line. Don't count on white women to save it."David Carson
`- Re: OT: "Democracy is on the line. Don't count on white women to save it."Larc

1
OT: "Democracy is on the line. Don't count on white women to save it."

<15030375-3d30-40a2-8616-b8eb168f7b23n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14796&group=alt.obituaries#14796

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 10:43:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: OT: "Democracy is on the line. Don't count on white women to save it."
From: lenona...@yahoo.com (Lenona)
 by: Lenona - Fri, 28 Oct 2022 17:43 UTC

I have to say, I never thought of quite a few of the points in the column.

https://www.proquest.com/bostonglobe/docview/2728340712/561A9DB5A20E4AF2PQ/1?accountid=38363

Oct. 26th, 2022

By Renee Graham.

Excerpts:

"...When 47 percent of white women who voted in 2016 cast their ballots for Trump, there was a lot of confusion.

"...Of course even with Clinton facing a Republican nominee as terrible as Trump, history was never on her side. Only twice since 1952 have a majority of white women who voted supported the Democratic choice for president — Lyndon Johnson and Bill Clinton.

"White women voting for Trump was business as usual, even if few pundits wanted to admit it. Instead they concocted excuses, saying that white women voted in lockstep with the men in their lives. This not only sounded like 'Forgive them for they know not what they do,' it was also untrue.

"In 2019 I talked to Stephanie E. Jones-Rogers about her book, 'They Were Her Property: White Women as Slave Owners in the American South.' Dating back to the colonial period, what emerged was a 'racially divided social order where whiteness has a value that being a woman just does not have,' Jones-Rogers, an associate professor of history at the University of California, Berkeley, told me. 'I see time and time again in my research that when white women are given a choice, they overwhelmingly choose to be empowered by whiteness, and to embrace white supremacy.'

"It's a convenient excuse to say that white women who support Republicans vote against their own interest. It's also wrong. Their interest is protecting whiteness and access to power structures that, even though dominated by conservative white men, benefit them in ways their gender does not.

"What happened in 2016 was not an aberration. An even larger percentage of white women voted for Trump in 2020. One should never underestimate how desirable white supremacy is to people who would never consider themselves to be white supremacists but eagerly reap its ill-gotten rewards..."

(snip)

Re: OT: "Democracy is on the line. Don't count on white women to save it."

<0m5olh9604o6og4tmn7pfbsf7appd9onga@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14798&group=alt.obituaries#14798

From: dav...@wa-wd.com (David Carson)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 12:57:01 -0500
 by: David Carson - Fri, 28 Oct 2022 17:57 UTC

>"It's a convenient excuse to say that white women who support Republicans vote against their own interest. It's also wrong. Their interest is protecting whiteness and access to power structures that, even though dominated by conservative white men, benefit them in ways their gender does not.
>
>"What happened in 2016 was not an aberration. An even larger percentage of white women voted for Trump in 2020. One should never underestimate how desirable white supremacy is to people who would never consider themselves to be white supremacists but eagerly reap its ill-gotten rewards..."

Hilarious. More blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and Indians
(dot-not-feather) are turning into white supremacists with every
election. Meanwhile, on the left, the Congressional Black Caucus has
endorsed a white male incumbent that's being challenged by a black
woman.

Re: OT: "Democracy is on the line. Don't count on white women to save it."

<b07olhlcgk1sr0p01b5n5mskdloe5tonq5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=14800&group=alt.obituaries#14800

From: lar...@notmyaddress.com (Larc)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 14:27:41 -0400
 by: Larc - Fri, 28 Oct 2022 18:27 UTC

On Fri, 28 Oct 2022 10:43:43 -0700 (PDT), Lenona <lenona321@yahoo.com> wrote:

| I have to say, I never thought of quite a few of the points in the column.
|
| https://www.proquest.com/bostonglobe/docview/2728340712/561A9DB5A20E4AF2PQ/1?accountid=38363
|
| Oct. 26th, 2022
|
| By Renee Graham.
|
| Excerpts:
|
| "...When 47 percent of white women who voted in 2016 cast their ballots for Trump, there was a lot of confusion.
|
| "...Of course even with Clinton facing a Republican nominee as terrible as Trump, history was never on her side. Only twice since 1952 have a majority of white women who voted supported the Democratic choice for president — Lyndon Johnson and Bill Clinton.
|
| "White women voting for Trump was business as usual, even if few pundits wanted to admit it. Instead they concocted excuses, saying that white women voted in lockstep with the men in their lives. This not only sounded like 'Forgive them for they know not what they do,' it was also untrue.
|
| "In 2019 I talked to Stephanie E. Jones-Rogers about her book, 'They Were Her Property: White Women as Slave Owners in the American South.' Dating back to the colonial period, what emerged was a 'racially divided social order where whiteness has a value that being a woman just does not have,' Jones-Rogers, an associate professor of history at the University of California, Berkeley, told me. 'I see time and time again in my research that when white women are given a choice, they overwhelmingly choose to be empowered by whiteness, and to embrace white supremacy.'
|
| "It's a convenient excuse to say that white women who support Republicans vote against their own interest. It's also wrong. Their interest is protecting whiteness and access to power structures that, even though dominated by conservative white men, benefit them in ways their gender does not.
|
| "What happened in 2016 was not an aberration. An even larger percentage of white women voted for Trump in 2020. One should never underestimate how desirable white supremacy is to people who would never consider themselves to be white supremacists but eagerly reap its ill-gotten rewards..."
|
| (snip)

It figures. Many German white women were stong supporters of Adolf Hitler and the
Nazi Party. There is a marked similarity.

Larc