Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Subject: Changed Buffy's Food
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 21:28:58 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sat, 29 May 2021 01:28 UTC

Back in January the vet put Buffy on prescription food due to a bladder
stone. I was quite surprised to find she absolutely loved it and it
resolved that issue. But since she hasn't been eating due to the tumor
in her jaw I said to heck with the prescription food and dished up some
Sheba wet food instead. I was afraid it might upset her stomach but it
didn't. She's on her third helping! I'm so relieved she's eating.

Tomorrow morning I'll give her some of the Rx food again. If she turns
her nose up I'll mix it with some of the Sheba. I want her to be as
comfortable as possible and how can she be possibly be comfortable when
she's hungry? [Rhetorical question.]

Jill

Re: Changed Buffy's Food

<59345bcbbejudith@sick-of-spam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=143&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#143

From: jud...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Judith Latham)
Subject: Re: Changed Buffy's Food
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 20:26:45 +0100
 by: Judith Latham - Sat, 29 May 2021 19:26 UTC

In article <xNgsI.2455$9q1.1734@fx09.iad>,
jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
> Back in January the vet put Buffy on prescription food due to a bladder
> stone. I was quite surprised to find she absolutely loved it and it
> resolved that issue. But since she hasn't been eating due to the tumor
> in her jaw I said to heck with the prescription food and dished up some
> Sheba wet food instead. I was afraid it might upset her stomach but it
> didn't. She's on her third helping! I'm so relieved she's eating.

> Tomorrow morning I'll give her some of the Rx food again. If she turns
> her nose up I'll mix it with some of the Sheba. I want her to be as
> comfortable as possible and how can she be possibly be comfortable when
> she's hungry? [Rhetorical question.]

> Jill

It's good news that she's eating. Maybe, although she liked the
prescription food she's associating it with being ill. Whatever the reason
she does need to eat and it must make her feel more comfortable.

Hopefully she'll eat the Rx food in the Sheba. Purrs that she does.

Hugs

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Re: Changed Buffy's Food

<oYednZmv59K1KS79nZ2dnUU7-KnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=147&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#147

From: cshe...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 10:50:00 -0500
 by: cshenk - Sun, 30 May 2021 15:50 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> Back in January the vet put Buffy on prescription food due to a
> bladder stone. I was quite surprised to find she absolutely loved it
> and it resolved that issue. But since she hasn't been eating due to
> the tumor in her jaw I said to heck with the prescription food and
> dished up some Sheba wet food instead. I was afraid it might upset
> her stomach but it didn't. She's on her third helping! I'm so
> relieved she's eating.
>
> Tomorrow morning I'll give her some of the Rx food again. If she
> turns her nose up I'll mix it with some of the Sheba. I want her to
> be as comfortable as possible and how can she be possibly be
> comfortable when she's hungry? [Rhetorical question.]
>
> Jill

Yes, sometimes you have to. You could try the Rx but in soft if you've
been using kibble type?

This is why Daisy-chan was so often on Fancy Feast. As long as I
checked th cans and had only the grain free ones, she was happy and
would eat. Daisy-chan passed at age estimated 25. An amazing life
from full on feral, to domesticated (mostly).

Re: Changed Buffy's Food

<XYSsI.2579$y%.1184@fx08.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=148&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#148

Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 16:55:16 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sun, 30 May 2021 20:55 UTC

On 5/29/2021 3:26 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
> In article <xNgsI.2455$9q1.1734@fx09.iad>,
> jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Back in January the vet put Buffy on prescription food due to a bladder
>> stone. I was quite surprised to find she absolutely loved it and it
>> resolved that issue. But since she hasn't been eating due to the tumor
>> in her jaw I said to heck with the prescription food and dished up some
>> Sheba wet food instead. I was afraid it might upset her stomach but it
>> didn't. She's on her third helping! I'm so relieved she's eating.
>
>> Tomorrow morning I'll give her some of the Rx food again. If she turns
>> her nose up I'll mix it with some of the Sheba. I want her to be as
>> comfortable as possible and how can she be possibly be comfortable when
>> she's hungry? [Rhetorical question.]
>
>> Jill
>

> It's good news that she's eating. Maybe, although she liked the
> prescription food she's associating it with being ill. Whatever the reason
> she does need to eat and it must make her feel more comfortable.
>
> Hopefully she'll eat the Rx food in the Sheba. Purrs that she does.
>
> Hugs
>
> Judith

She ate the Rx food mixed with Sheba and is now back to eating the Rx
food exclusively. Perhaps she did associate it with being ill. At
least I know her stomach will tolerate the Sheba if need be to encourage
her to eat.

Jill

Re: Changed Buffy's Food

<__SsI.2580$y%.413@fx08.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=149&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#149

Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 16:57:27 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sun, 30 May 2021 20:57 UTC

On 5/30/2021 11:50 AM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Back in January the vet put Buffy on prescription food due to a
>> bladder stone. I was quite surprised to find she absolutely loved it
>> and it resolved that issue. But since she hasn't been eating due to
>> the tumor in her jaw I said to heck with the prescription food and
>> dished up some Sheba wet food instead. I was afraid it might upset
>> her stomach but it didn't. She's on her third helping! I'm so
>> relieved she's eating.
>>
>> Tomorrow morning I'll give her some of the Rx food again. If she
>> turns her nose up I'll mix it with some of the Sheba. I want her to
>> be as comfortable as possible and how can she be possibly be
>> comfortable when she's hungry? [Rhetorical question.]
>>
>> Jill
>
> Yes, sometimes you have to. You could try the Rx but in soft if you've
> been using kibble type?

She has been eating almost exclusively canned Rx food since she had the
tooth extractions although she did eat a bit of the try kibble too once
her mouth healed up. Now I put some kibble in a bowl but she's ignoring
it due to the tumor in he jaw.

Jill