Newsgroups: soc.history.medieval,soc.history.war.misc
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: A totally different opinion on what happened to Vikings leaving
Greenland!
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021 10:37:27 -0700
 by: a425couple - Fri, 10 Sep 2021 17:37 UTC

A totally different opinion on what happened to Vikings leaving Greenland!
They disappeared, because they left, to go West!
En mass, in 1342.

Interesting one.
Good enough for a thesis good for a degree!
Go Carol S. Francis!!

I can not copy and paste this,
so click on the link.

https://csus-dspace.calstate.edu/bitstream/handle/10211.9/1514/The%20Lost%20Western%20Settlement%20of%20Greenland,%201342.pdf

And,,, yes indeed,,,, I am reminded of:

1. The Smithsonian article's quote, that it is
a good thing they can not go back and take away your degree.

2. A lady I dated a long, long time ago,
her Thesis for her PhD in Psychology seemed blown
apart, when after all was considered, the DATA
totally disagreed with her theme.
As her advisor assured her, we will make sure you
are OK.
Academia has so much to do with whither they like you,
and so little to do with truth and facts.

Probably a good thing, I gave up thoughts
of being a history professor.
Also a lawyer.
To become a wealthy real estate investor while
enjoying being a cop instead!