Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 10:29:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Wrestling news: Smackdown,
From: cincy43...@yahoo.com (brian henke)
 by: brian henke - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 17:29 UTC

Here are some wrestling news items for you:

- The go-home Smackdown before SummerSlam opened, strangely enough, with a Irish Donnybrook match between Sheamus and Drew McIntyre. The winner would get a Undisputed WWE Universal title shot at Clash at the Castle. Ridge Holland and Butch attacked the Scot, but in the end Drew hit a Claymore on Sheamus to win. Lacey Evans was out of action, so Aliyah took on Shotzi. The former Blackheart won, but got beat up by Ronda Rousey. That led to a tag team match between Rousey and Liv Morgan vs. Natalya and Sonya DeVille. Rousey made Sonya submit for the win. A segment between the Street Profits and Usos with Jeff Jarrett about the rules for their WWE Tag Team championship match at Slam ended with them brawling. The New and Vicious Viking Raiders defeated The New Day, and then attacked Xavier Woods with a steel chair attack on Woods' foot. The final segment had Paul Heyman put over the Roman Reigns-Brock Lesnar Money in the Bank match, but Theory came out. He was then assaulted by Lesnar, taking Mr. Money in the Bank to Suplex City and hitting him with the briefcase. Theory then got attacked by Drew. In the ratings, Smackdown drew 2.193 million viewers.
- Ric Flair's Last Match saw the 73-year-old "Nature Boy" team up with Andrade El Idolo to defeat Jarrett and Jay Lethal. Flair - who was so beat up people went on Twitter with concern as to if he was OK - won with the Figure 4 and brass knux to Jarrett. Afterwards, Flair exchanged words with Mick Foley, Bret Hart and The Undertaker. He was going stylin' and high profilin' with Kid Rock. No current WWE talents appeared, save for Nick Nemeth (Dolph Ziggler).

Cincy43235@yahoo.com - RATV's pro wrestling ambassador

--------

"I loves the hot sauce." - David Letterman

Re: Wrestling news: Smackdown,

<fc0bd322-b5c6-450c-83b3-5bf442dbad2fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=150169&group=rec.arts.tv#150169

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 11:33:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Wrestling news: Smackdown,
From: jgrov...@hotmail.com (Featherman@JordanGitmoWrasselingTentnyBrig)
 by: Featherman@JordanGit - Tue, 2 Aug 2022 18:33 UTC

On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 12:29:33 PM UTC-5, brian henke wrote:
> Here are some wrestling news items for you:
>
> - The go-home Smackdown before SummerSlam opened, strangely enough, with a Irish Donnybrook match between Sheamus and Drew McIntyre. The winner would get a Undisputed WWE Universal title shot at Clash at the Castle. Ridge Holland and Butch attacked the Scot, but in the end Drew hit a Claymore on Sheamus to win. Lacey Evans was out of action, so Aliyah took on Shotzi. The former Blackheart won, but got beat up by Ronda Rousey. That led to a tag team match between Rousey and Liv Morgan vs. Natalya and Sonya DeVille. Rousey made Sonya submit for the win. A segment between the Street Profits and Usos with Jeff Jarrett about the rules for their WWE Tag Team championship match at Slam ended with them brawling. The New and Vicious Viking Raiders defeated The New Day, and then attacked Xavier Woods with a steel chair attack on Woods' foot. The final segment had Paul Heyman put over the Roman Reigns-Brock Lesnar Money in the Bank match, but Theory came out. He was then assaulted by Lesnar, taking Mr. Money in the Bank to Suplex City and hitting him with the briefcase. Theory then got attacked by Drew. In the ratings, Smackdown drew 2.193 million viewers.
>
> - Ric Flair's Last Match saw the 73-year-old "Nature Boy" team up with Andrade El Idolo to defeat Jarrett and Jay Lethal. Flair - who was so beat up people went on Twitter with concern as to if he was OK - won with the Figure 4 and brass knux to Jarrett. Afterwards, Flair exchanged words with Mick Foley, Bret Hart and The Undertaker. He was going stylin' and high profilin' with Kid Rock. No current WWE talents appeared, save for Nick Nemeth (Dolph Ziggler).
>
> Cincy...@yahoo.com - RATV's pro wrestling ambassador
>
> --------
>
> "I loves the hot sauce." - David Letterman

2023 Featherman v. Jordan for the Potomac belt.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Wrestling news: Smackdown,