If I'm over the hill, why is it I don't recall ever being on top? -- Jerry Muscha

interests / alt.food.fast-food / California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

SubjectAuthor
* California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating useapen
+* Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminatSiri Cruise
|`- Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminatK Wills
+- Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminatK Wills
+* Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminatGovernor Swill
|`* Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminatNoBody
| +- Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminatK Wills
| `* Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminatNoBody
|  `- Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminatScout
`* Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminatRockinghorse Winner
 +* Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminatpothead
 |+* Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminatCharlie Glock
 ||`* Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminatGovernor Swill
 || `- Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminatNoBody
 |`* Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminatGovernor Swill
 | `- Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminatSkeeter
 `- Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminatSiri Cruise

1
California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<XnsB0F78428B83CBX@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15198&group=alt.food.fast-food#15198

From: yourd...@outlook.com (useapen)
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.food.fast-food,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Subject: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 08:48:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: useapen - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 08:48 UTC

DENNIS WYATT
Published: Dec 28, 2023, 1:10 AM
The jig is up.

That�s jig as in paid hourly job as opposed to piecemeal work.

And you can thank the shortsightedness of the California Legislature.

Two Pizza Hut franchisee units are eliminating their delivery services.

That�s 2,041 jobs that now pay a guaranteed $15.50 an hour and would have
paid $16 an hour after the stroke of midnight on Jan. 1 when California
minimum wage increases again.

The reason the jobs are disappearing is because Gov. Gavin Newsom and the
legislature put in place a new wage law that will increase most California
fast food workers� minimum wage to $20 an hour starting April 1, 2024.

You can still get Pizza Hut delivery.

But it will be via Door Dash, Uber Eats, and such.

Those contracting with such concerns aren�t paid by the hour

They do not have any benefits, even the minimum of workman�s compensation.

They have to pay all of their Social Security taxes.

Besides income tax, they can be subject to a self-employment tax.

Yes, the laid off delivery workers could go to work for delivery concerns
that pick up business from Pizza Hut�s move.

But they likely won�t end up making the equivalent of $16 an hour, let
alone $20 an hour.

There are app-based delivery drivers doing quite well, thank you.

It is, however, far from being universal.

Do not let the politicians that took credit for $20 an hour fast food
wages claim the elimination of jobs was an unintended consequence.

It�s unadulterated horsepucky.

You�d be hard-pressed to find an economist � whether they are
conservative, liberal, Republican, Democrat or got their degree from
Stanford or Sacramento State � that did not indicate job loss would be
guaranteed collateral damage.

The real question has always been how bad will that collateral damage end
up being.

Do not misunderstand.

A market-based economy is always transformative.

Changing demands, wants, needs, and tech means all jobs are evolving to
some degree.

Blacksmiths are almost extinct as the demand for horseshoes is far from
what it was right before Henry Ford and the Model T did to horses as a
primary mode of transportation as Elon Musk hopes Tesla will do to the
internal combustion engine.

The bottom line of their government�s direct manipulation of the
marketplace has always been four -fold:

*How many people will have to lose jobs so others benefit?

*Do those people have the skills available to secure replacement jobs?

*Will there be jobs available that don�t require a major move?

*Will elevating one segment of the economy force wage increases in other
sectors to the point industries that are already under cost pressure may
be forced to rethink how they do things and eliminate jobs so they have
the ability to stay competitive in the labor market and not bleed
employees?

It is not rocket science.

And, to be honest, it is what some proponents of the $20 fast food minimum
wage hoped would happen with one giant assumption attached.

That assumption is the 25 percent jump in fast food pay will simply speed
up the �natural progression� of the economy and job market to create a
demand for more jobs that are often better paying than the jobs they
replace.

That�s fine in theory but history shows it doesn�t always work that way.

The real crime here is the fact the push to artificially jack up wages via
state and local minimums at a significantly higher clip that has been done
in the past is being done because of the ineptness of the state and
federal government to create an economic environment that allows for
upward mobility.

Or, to borrow an argument from some that want the nation�s borders to be
sieve-like, that the rate of migration � primarily that classified as
illegal � has overwhelmed the economy.

It is a paradox of sort given America needs migrants.

Our economic strength for 247 years has been our ability to build this
nation on waves of immigrants.

A clue that we may, to a significant but not overwhelming degree, have
flooded the economic engine causing it to sputter and go dead-in-the-water
in some segments is the fast food industry.

Keep in mind the California Legislature was driven by the desire to help
people attain livable wages.

No one will debate that minimum wage fast food jobs meet the definition.

Many point out fast food jobs were never perceived as anything but starter
jobs or supplemental employment allowing a household�s aggregate income to
be livable.

You are seeing older workers in fast food places in Manteca, Turlock,
Tracy, and elsewhere.

That reflects, for the most part, that Social Security and what other
retirement older people have may not exactly be cutting the proverbial
mustard.

What you don�t see as much in this areas you do in major urban areas and
generally throughout much of Southern California are people who are
basically struggling to support families on fast food wages.

It is clear the concept of upward mobility we all like to talk about isn�t
working.

As a small example, diesel mechanic jobs for railroads that pay in the six
figures go begging at the same time politicians feel obligated to
essentially take the easy way and try to raise all boats artificially by
priming wage levels in targeted areas of the economy.

Jacking up the pay of fast food workers and not giving them the ability to
access tools necessary for them to work on moving up the economic ladder
is akin to throwing in the towel.

Worse yet, it forces businesses to make a decision: Is raising prices to
absorb a huge jolt in pay � and payroll expenses � a move that could end
up being detrimental to their business or are they better off reducing the
number of people they employ?

The real issue is politicians� lack of fortitude and stomach to tackle the
main event � upward mobility.

It could have a lot to do with the fact they will likely have to drop
preconceptions and work across the socio-economic spectrum to fashion
solutions that work instead of just kowtowing to their base, whether it is
political or ideological.

Meanwhile, enjoy your $10 Blizzard.

https://www.mantecabulletin.com/opinion/local-columns/californias-looming-
20-hour-minimum-for-fast-food-workers-already-eliminating-jobs/

Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<unrjmo$3gbs3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15200&group=alt.food.fast-food#15200

From: chine.b...@www.yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.food.fast-food,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Subject: Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers
already eliminating jobs
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 06:52:03 -0800
 by: Siri Cruise - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 14:52 UTC

useapen wrote:
> Two Pizza Hut franchisee units are eliminating their delivery services.

Not PIZZA HUT!!!! The despair. No longer can I buy cheese coverred
cardboard.

https://seniorespizza.com/

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<mrh2qill8t2dnrr4275ttp0kl296c668v1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15206&group=alt.food.fast-food#15206

From: kw1...@kw.kw (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 06:54:31 -0800
 by: K Wills - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 14:54 UTC

On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 08:48:42 -0000 (UTC), useapen
<yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:

>DENNIS WYATT
>Published: Dec 28, 2023, 1:10 AM
>The jig is up.
>
>That’s jig as in paid hourly job as opposed to piecemeal work.
>
>And you can thank the shortsightedness of the California Legislature.

The intent is sound. Often people want to make more money.

>Two Pizza Hut franchisee units are eliminating their delivery services.
>
>That’s 2,041 jobs that now pay a guaranteed $15.50 an hour and would have
>paid $16 an hour after the stroke of midnight on Jan. 1 when California
>minimum wage increases again.
>
>The reason the jobs are disappearing is because Gov. Gavin Newsom and the
>legislature put in place a new wage law that will increase most California
>fast food workers’ minimum wage to $20 an hour starting April 1, 2024.

Yeah. That's going to cause more unemployment.

>You can still get Pizza Hut delivery.
>
>But it will be via Door Dash, Uber Eats, and such.

This has become the norm in North Hollywood for most restaurants,
fast food or casual. When the kids get Pizza Hut, they get a text
letting them know PH has transferred the delivery to Door Dash. There
hasn't been a Pizza Hut driver seen 'round these parts in ages.
I've been told drivers still exist in NoHo, but, it seems, aren't
used too often.

>Those contracting with such concerns aren’t paid by the hour
>
>They do not have any benefits, even the minimum of workman’s compensation.
>
>They have to pay all of their Social Security taxes.
>
>Besides income tax, they can be subject to a self-employment tax.
>
>Yes, the laid off delivery workers could go to work for delivery concerns
>that pick up business from Pizza Hut’s move.
>
>But they likely won’t end up making the equivalent of $16 an hour, let
>alone $20 an hour.
>
>There are app-based delivery drivers doing quite well, thank you.
>
>It is, however, far from being universal.
>
>Do not let the politicians that took credit for $20 an hour fast food
>wages claim the elimination of jobs was an unintended consequence.
>
>It’s unadulterated horsepucky.

It's very probable the lack of jobs was not the intended outcome.
But I won't accept the PTB didn't anticipate the loss of job.

>You’d be hard-pressed to find an economist — whether they are
>conservative, liberal, Republican, Democrat or got their degree from
>Stanford or Sacramento State — that did not indicate job loss would be
>guaranteed collateral damage.
>
>The real question has always been how bad will that collateral damage end
>up being.

For some, VERY bad.
Not only will people be unemployed, but prices will go up to
cover the increased wages. This will see the prices for other things
going up so that the higher cost of fast food can be afforded.
I don't expect wages to go up much, if at all.

>Do not misunderstand.
>
>A market-based economy is always transformative.
>
>Changing demands, wants, needs, and tech means all jobs are evolving to
>some degree.
>
>Blacksmiths are almost extinct as the demand for horseshoes is far from
>what it was right before Henry Ford and the Model T did to horses as a
>primary mode of transportation as Elon Musk hopes Tesla will do to the
>internal combustion engine.

Eventually, the internal combustion engine will go away. The
question is when? There is a finite amount of oil in the earth. It
will run out eventually. When that happens, the internal combustion
engine will be useless and abandoned.
Or we'll find a way to destroy ourselves so there will be no one
to use the engine.

>The bottom line of their government’s direct manipulation of the
>marketplace has always been four -fold:
>
>*How many people will have to lose jobs so others benefit?
>
>*Do those people have the skills available to secure replacement jobs?

Some will. Eons ago I worked for Pizza Hut as a cook. All but one
of the evening drivers we had were only working part time to
supplement the income they got from their full time jobs.
The one who was only working as a drive was also in college, so
her expenses weren't as great since most were part of her tuition and
already paid.
I never knew the case for the day time drivers.

>*Will there be jobs available that don’t require a major move?

Major move? Maybe not. Depending on where they live, there may be
other options available.

>*Will elevating one segment of the economy force wage increases in other
>sectors to the point industries that are already under cost pressure may
>be forced to rethink how they do things and eliminate jobs so they have
>the ability to stay competitive in the labor market and not bleed
>employees?

Yes. And I won't accept the people in the legislator didn't know
this. They had to know there would be job loss and price increases.

>It is not rocket science.
>
>And, to be honest, it is what some proponents of the $20 fast food minimum
>wage hoped would happen with one giant assumption attached.
>
>That assumption is the 25 percent jump in fast food pay will simply speed
>up the “natural progression” of the economy and job market to create a
>demand for more jobs that are often better paying than the jobs they
>replace.
>
>That’s fine in theory but history shows it doesn’t always work that way.

Has it ever worked that way? There is probably an example or two.
But they will be the exceptions.

>The real crime here is the fact the push to artificially jack up wages via
>state and local minimums at a significantly higher clip that has been done
>in the past is being done because of the ineptness of the state and
>federal government to create an economic environment that allows for
>upward mobility.
>
>Or, to borrow an argument from some that want the nation’s borders to be
>sieve-like, that the rate of migration — primarily that classified as
>illegal — has overwhelmed the economy.

But few are working at "check jobs." Most will be working in a
cash only structure. Less of a paper trail to follow.

>It is a paradox of sort given America needs migrants.

Yes. But it would be better if they came here legally.

>Our economic strength for 247 years has been our ability to build this
>nation on waves of immigrants.
>
>A clue that we may, to a significant but not overwhelming degree, have
>flooded the economic engine causing it to sputter and go dead-in-the-water
>in some segments is the fast food industry.

It doesn't look like fast food is hurting much, if at all, in the
current economy. Time will tell if this trend continues.

>Keep in mind the California Legislature was driven by the desire to help
>people attain livable wages.
>
>No one will debate that minimum wage fast food jobs meet the definition.

In the short term, yes. But as the cost over everything else goes
up, it will end up. more or less, as we see it now.

>Many point out fast food jobs were never perceived as anything but starter
>jobs or supplemental employment allowing a household’s aggregate income to
>be livable.
>
>You are seeing older workers in fast food places in Manteca, Turlock,
>Tracy, and elsewhere.
>
>That reflects, for the most part, that Social Security and what other
>retirement older people have may not exactly be cutting the proverbial
>mustard.

Social Security was, and is, a SUPPLEMENT to one's established
retirement plan. And a means to help ensure those who don't have one,
for whatever reason, has a minimum amount to live. Joe the 70 year old
who couldn't get a pension plan may be reduced to eating soup and mac
and cheese, but he will live.

>What you don’t see as much in this areas you do in major urban areas and
>generally throughout much of Southern California are people who are
>basically struggling to support families on fast food wages.

Having two 17 year olds who work in fast food, I can assure you,
no one can support a family. True, they both work only part time, but
even if expanded to full time pay, it wouldn't be enough. Maybe,
MAYBE, one person could live off it. Soup and mac and cheese would be
the standard diet. Maybe supplemented with some free food from work on
occasion.

>It is clear the concept of upward mobility we all like to talk about isn’t
>working.

Depending on the restaurant, advancement is possible. One starts
out as a regular, hourly employee, but gets into management. They
won't likely shop at Rodeo Dr., but they will see a better standard of
living.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<aou4qih60fov95oacg035rn8ps9vnvqfbm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15234&group=alt.food.fast-food#15234

From: kw1...@kw.kw (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.food.fast-food,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 03:59:16 -0800
 by: K Wills - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 11:59 UTC

On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 06:52:03 -0800, Siri Cruise
<chine.bleu@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>useapen wrote:
>> Two Pizza Hut franchisee units are eliminating their delivery services.
>
>Not PIZZA HUT!!!! The despair. No longer can I buy cheese coverred
>cardboard.
>
>https://seniorespizza.com/

Sure you can. Dominoes is still an option :)

Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<nqq5qilrc3kmqqc8f4dnskqss8cv518oki@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15261&group=alt.food.fast-food#15261

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.food.fast-food,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 15:00:56 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 20:00 UTC

On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 08:48:42 -0000 (UTC), useapen <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:

>The real issue is politicians’ lack of fortitude and stomach to tackle the
>main event — upward mobility.
>
>It could have a lot to do with the fact they will likely have to drop
>preconceptions and work across the socio-economic spectrum to fashion
>solutions that work instead of just kowtowing to their base, whether it is
>political or ideological.
>
>Meanwhile, enjoy your $10 Blizzard.
>
>https://www.mantecabulletin.com/opinion/local-columns/californias-looming-
>20-hour-minimum-for-fast-food-workers-already-eliminating-jobs/

Republicans complain that higher wages will fuel inflation.
Republicans complain that wages aren't keeping up with inflation.

Swill
--
The moon landing was real, Bigfoot does not
roam the northern forests and the 2020 election was not rigged.

GO TRUMP! Go farther! Farther! I can still hear you!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<0t48qi9j9m2la52e3m8cjnmiuqf76iipjh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15268&group=alt.food.fast-food#15268

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.food.fast-food,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 12:03:52 -0500
 by: NoBody - Sun, 14 Jan 2024 17:03 UTC

On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 15:00:56 -0500, Governor Swill
<governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 08:48:42 -0000 (UTC), useapen <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:
>
>>The real issue is politicians’ lack of fortitude and stomach to tackle the
>>main event — upward mobility.
>>
>>It could have a lot to do with the fact they will likely have to drop
>>preconceptions and work across the socio-economic spectrum to fashion
>>solutions that work instead of just kowtowing to their base, whether it is
>>political or ideological.
>>
>>Meanwhile, enjoy your $10 Blizzard.
>>
>>https://www.mantecabulletin.com/opinion/local-columns/californias-looming-
>>20-hour-minimum-for-fast-food-workers-already-eliminating-jobs/
>
>Republicans complain that higher wages will fuel inflation.

Artifically inflating the minimum wage does and *did* fuel inflation.

>Republicans complain that wages aren't keeping up with inflation.

They aren't. Has YOUR wage increased as much as the minimum wage?
Your buying power has decreased as well as the value of your savings.

>Swill

Damn....

Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<kpu9qidd6s7k1j0q784j1ldmb5r9rbt33s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15274&group=alt.food.fast-food#15274

From: kw1...@kw.kw (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.food.fast-food,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 01:30:46 -0800
 by: K Wills - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 09:30 UTC

On Sun, 14 Jan 2024 12:03:52 -0500, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 15:00:56 -0500, Governor Swill
><governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 08:48:42 -0000 (UTC), useapen <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:
>>
>>>The real issue is politicians’ lack of fortitude and stomach to tackle the
>>>main event — upward mobility.
>>>
>>>It could have a lot to do with the fact they will likely have to drop
>>>preconceptions and work across the socio-economic spectrum to fashion
>>>solutions that work instead of just kowtowing to their base, whether it is
>>>political or ideological.
>>>
>>>Meanwhile, enjoy your $10 Blizzard.
>>>
>>>https://www.mantecabulletin.com/opinion/local-columns/californias-looming-
>>>20-hour-minimum-for-fast-food-workers-already-eliminating-jobs/
>>
>>Republicans complain that higher wages will fuel inflation.
>
>Artifically inflating the minimum wage does and *did* fuel inflation.

What else could be done to combat inflation? I'm not an
economist, so I honestly don't know.

>>Republicans complain that wages aren't keeping up with inflation.
>
>They aren't. Has YOUR wage increased as much as the minimum wage?
>Your buying power has decreased as well as the value of your savings.

I can't argue against that. I know MY buying power is less now
than it was a few years ago. I would be amazed if I am the exception.
How much of that can be laid at any one politician's, or party's,
feet might be open for debate. But that it's happening cannot be.

--
"I most stonger than Darth Vapor!"
-- Zladko "Zlad" Vladcik

Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<7a8aqidu4092fqmrokaiaoesfvgcrlj07t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15276&group=alt.food.fast-food#15276

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.food.fast-food,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 07:13:07 -0500
 by: NoBody - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 12:13 UTC

On Sun, 14 Jan 2024 12:03:52 -0500, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 15:00:56 -0500, Governor Swill
><governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 08:48:42 -0000 (UTC), useapen <yourdime@outlook.com> wrote:
>>
>>>The real issue is politicians’ lack of fortitude and stomach to tackle the
>>>main event — upward mobility.
>>>
>>>It could have a lot to do with the fact they will likely have to drop
>>>preconceptions and work across the socio-economic spectrum to fashion
>>>solutions that work instead of just kowtowing to their base, whether it is
>>>political or ideological.
>>>
>>>Meanwhile, enjoy your $10 Blizzard.
>>>
>>>https://www.mantecabulletin.com/opinion/local-columns/californias-looming-
>>>20-hour-minimum-for-fast-food-workers-already-eliminating-jobs/
>>
>>Republicans complain that higher wages will fuel inflation.
>
>Artifically inflating the minimum wage does and *did* fuel inflation.
>
>>Republicans complain that wages aren't keeping up with inflation.
>>

>They aren't. Has YOUR wage increased as much as the minimum wage?
>Your buying power has decreased as well as the value of your savings.
>
>>Swill
>
>Damn....

And Swilly has fled.

Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<uo3f97$v25i$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15277&group=alt.food.fast-food#15277

From: Rockingh...@amgen.com (Rockinghorse Winner)
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.food.fast-food,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
already eliminating jobs
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:25:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Rockinghorse Winner - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:25 UTC

On 2024-01-12, useapen <yourdime@outlook.com> opined as follows:

"The real crime here is the fact the push to artificially jack up wages via
state and local minimums at a significantly higher clip that has been done
in the past is being done because of the ineptness of the state and
federal government to create an economic environment that allows for
upward mobility."

Bingo. I would say rather than ineptness, it is a calculated decision to
hollow out the middle class and construct a two tier society: the managerial
class and everyone else.

--
'Many have sought in vain to tell joyously of the Most Joyous. Now at last It declares
Itself to me, now in this misery.' - Holderlin

Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<uo3m1e$1033j$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15278&group=alt.food.fast-food#15278

From: poth...@snakebite.com (pothead)
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.food.fast-food,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
already eliminating jobs
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 16:21:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pothead - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 16:21 UTC

On 2024-01-15, Rockinghorse Winner <Rockinghorse@amgen.com> wrote:
> On 2024-01-12, useapen <yourdime@outlook.com> opined as follows:
>
> "The real crime here is the fact the push to artificially jack up wages via
> state and local minimums at a significantly higher clip that has been done
> in the past is being done because of the ineptness of the state and
> federal government to create an economic environment that allows for
> upward mobility."
>
> Bingo. I would say rather than ineptness, it is a calculated decision to
> hollow out the middle class and construct a two tier society: the managerial
> class and everyone else.

Precisely !
It's fast turning into the elite and the poor which is the rest of us folks.
And it's quite insidious the methods that the far left use to push their agenda. Currently they
have latched onto the climate change angle because after all who doesn't want to save the planet?
Couple that with woke, DEI, trans this and that, taking over the education system, the left wing
media, demonizing anyone who disagrees with their agenda and so forth.
People had better wake up and fast because we as a republic are circling the drain.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<uo3m7p$107a8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15279&group=alt.food.fast-food#15279

From: chine.b...@www.yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.food.fast-food,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
already eliminating jobs
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 08:24:22 -0800
 by: Siri Cruise - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 16:24 UTC

Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
> On 2024-01-12, useapen <yourdime@outlook.com> opined as follows:
>
> "The real crime here is the fact the push to artificially jack up wages via
> state and local minimums at a significantly higher clip that has been done
> in the past is being done because of the ineptness of the state and
> federal government to create an economic environment that allows for
> upward mobility."
>
> Bingo. I would say rather than ineptness, it is a calculated decision to
> hollow out the middle class and construct a two tier society: the managerial
> class and everyone else.

We should have continued the policies of 2016 to 2020 which so
expanded the middle class.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
The Church of the Holey Apple .signature 3.2 / \
of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohamed

Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<cndpN.323321$83n7.234837@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15280&group=alt.food.fast-food#15280

already eliminating jobs
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.food.fast-food,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
From: tpragna1...@gmail.corn (Charlie Glock)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 08:50:15 -0800
 by: Charlie Glock - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 16:50 UTC

On 1/15/2024 8:21 AM, "pothole," aka "Al Sakran" and a Nazi lying little person,
lied:

> On 2024-01-15, Rockinghorse Winner <Rockinghorse@amgen.com> wrote:
>> On 2024-01-12, useapen <yourdime@outlook.com> opined as follows:
>>
>> "The real crime here is the fact the push to artificially jack up wages via
>> state and local minimums at a significantly higher clip that has been done
>> in the past is being done because of the ineptness of the state and
>> federal government to create an economic environment that allows for
>> upward mobility."
>>
>> Bingo. I would say rather than ineptness, it is a calculated decision to
>> hollow out the middle class and construct a two tier society: the managerial
>> class and everyone else.
>>
> Precisely !
> It's fast turning into the elite and the poor which is the rest of us folks.

This is bullshit — typical little person thinking.

You just don't know what the fuck you're bullshitting about.

Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<uo5t0t$1e2sc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15324&group=alt.food.fast-food#15324

From: me4g...@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net (Scout)
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.food.fast-food,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 08:07:53 -0500
 by: Scout - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 13:07 UTC

"NoBody" <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 14 Jan 2024 12:03:52 -0500, NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 15:00:56 -0500, Governor Swill
>><governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Republicans complain that higher wages will fuel inflation.
>>
>>Artifically inflating the minimum wage does and *did* fuel inflation.
>>
>>>Republicans complain that wages aren't keeping up with inflation.
>>>

>>They aren't. Has YOUR wage increased as much as the minimum wage?
>>Your buying power has decreased as well as the value of your savings.
>>
>>>Swill
>>
>>Damn....
>
> And Swilly has fled.

Yep, just drags everyone back towards minimum wage...

Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<atgdqil6t6ndqpm76777mcjkskrus2nlfr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15326&group=alt.food.fast-food#15326

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.food.fast-food,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 13:06:44 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 18:06 UTC

On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 16:21:02 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pothead@snakebite.com> wrote:

>On 2024-01-15, Rockinghorse Winner <Rockinghorse@amgen.com> wrote:
>> On 2024-01-12, useapen <yourdime@outlook.com> opined as follows:
>>
>> "The real crime here is the fact the push to artificially jack up wages via
>> state and local minimums at a significantly higher clip that has been done
>> in the past is being done because of the ineptness of the state and
>> federal government to create an economic environment that allows for
>> upward mobility."
>>
>> Bingo. I would say rather than ineptness, it is a calculated decision to
>> hollow out the middle class and construct a two tier society: the managerial
>> class and everyone else.
>>
>Precisely !

What a load of crap! You guys forgot a tier - the wealthy elites who own everything.

>It's fast turning into the elite and the poor which is the rest of us folks.

This is exactly what the right is doing.

>And it's quite insidious the methods that the far left use to push their agenda.

Like driving wages down with Union busting.

>Currently they
>have latched onto the climate change angle because after all who doesn't want to save the planet?

And thereby created not just new jobs, but new careers.

>Couple that with woke, DEI, trans this and that, taking over the education system, the left wing
>media, demonizing anyone who disagrees with their agenda and so forth.

Meanwhile the right wing media wants to roll back the clocks a few centuries to put the
Church in charge of everything.

>People had better wake up and fast because we as a republic are circling the drain.

Damn right! We got to get rid of these ultra conservatives before they end up owning us!

The greatest growth of the middle classes occurred from post WWII until the Vietnam years.
Unions were strong and the wealthy were heavily taxed.

Now, the middle class is shrinking and why? Because Republican policies are holding down
wages while slashing taxes on the rich and bankrupting the middle class with excessive
taxation and education and health care costs.

Swill
--
The moon landing was real, Bigfoot does not
roam the northern forests and the 2020 election was not rigged.

GO TRUMP! Go farther! Farther! I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<4ehdqi5a49nop5krelc707hnpb2765aip3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15327&group=alt.food.fast-food#15327

From: governor...@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.food.fast-food,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 13:08:08 -0500
 by: Governor Swill - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 18:08 UTC

On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 08:50:15 -0800, Charlie Glock <tpragna1900O@gmail.corn> wrote:

>On 1/15/2024 8:21 AM, "pothole," aka "Al Sakran" and a Nazi lying little person,
>lied:
>
>> On 2024-01-15, Rockinghorse Winner <Rockinghorse@amgen.com> wrote:
>>> On 2024-01-12, useapen <yourdime@outlook.com> opined as follows:
>>>
>>> "The real crime here is the fact the push to artificially jack up wages via
>>> state and local minimums at a significantly higher clip that has been done
>>> in the past is being done because of the ineptness of the state and
>>> federal government to create an economic environment that allows for
>>> upward mobility."
>>>
>>> Bingo. I would say rather than ineptness, it is a calculated decision to
>>> hollow out the middle class and construct a two tier society: the managerial
>>> class and everyone else.
>>>
>> Precisely !
>> It's fast turning into the elite and the poor which is the rest of us folks.
>
>This is bullshit — typical little person thinking.
>
>You just don't know what the fuck you're bullshitting about.

Stop babbling, Rudy. Instead of being an asshole to everybody, try using logic, fact and
reason to explain your position.

Oh, sorry, I forgot who I was TALKING to!

Swill
--
The moon landing was real, Bigfoot does not
roam the northern forests and the 2020 election was not rigged.

GO TRUMP! Go farther! Farther! I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<MPG.401085b37445d857990c9d@usnews.blocknews.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15328&group=alt.food.fast-food#15328

From: Skeeterw...@proton.me (Skeeter)
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.food.fast-food,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2024 12:23:55 -0700
 by: Skeeter - Tue, 16 Jan 2024 19:23 UTC

In article <atgdqil6t6ndqpm76777mcjkskrus2nlfr@4ax.com>,
governor.swill@gmail.com says...

> On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 16:21:02 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pothead@snakebite.com> wrote:
>
> >On 2024-01-15, Rockinghorse Winner <Rockinghorse@amgen.com> wrote:
> >> On 2024-01-12, useapen <yourdime@outlook.com> opined as follows:
> >>
> >> "The real crime here is the fact the push to artificially jack up wages via
> >> state and local minimums at a significantly higher clip that has been done
> >> in the past is being done because of the ineptness of the state and
> >> federal government to create an economic environment that allows for
> >> upward mobility."
> >>
> >> Bingo. I would say rather than ineptness, it is a calculated decision to
> >> hollow out the middle class and construct a two tier society: the managerial
> >> class and everyone else.
> >>
> >Precisely !
>
> What a load of crap! You guys forgot a tier - the wealthy elites who own everything.
>
> >It's fast turning into the elite and the poor which is the rest of us folks.
>
> This is exactly what the right is doing.
>
> >And it's quite insidious the methods that the far left use to push their agenda.
>
> Like driving wages down with Union busting.
>
> >Currently they
> >have latched onto the climate change angle because after all who doesn't want to save the planet?
>
> And thereby created not just new jobs, but new careers.
>
> >Couple that with woke, DEI, trans this and that, taking over the education system, the left wing
> >media, demonizing anyone who disagrees with their agenda and so forth.
>
> Meanwhile the right wing media wants to roll back the clocks a few centuries to put the
> Church in charge of everything.
>
> >People had better wake up and fast because we as a republic are circling the drain.
>
> Damn right! We got to get rid of these ultra conservatives before they end up owning us!
>
> The greatest growth of the middle classes occurred from post WWII until the Vietnam years.
> Unions were strong and the wealthy were heavily taxed.
>
> Now, the middle class is shrinking and why? Because Republican policies are holding down
> wages while slashing taxes on the rich and bankrupting the middle class with excessive
> taxation and education and health care costs.
>
> Swill

Trump ahead, what say you?

Re: California's looming $20 hour minimum for fast food workers already eliminating jobs

<34hfqilkspso8l2kkonqn5lfnh8cc49v01@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15337&group=alt.food.fast-food#15337

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.food.fast-food,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,talk.politics.guns,sac.politics
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 07:14:15 -0500
 by: NoBody - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 12:14 UTC

On Tue, 16 Jan 2024 13:08:08 -0500, Governor Swill
<governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Jan 2024 08:50:15 -0800, Charlie Glock <tpragna1900O@gmail.corn> wrote:
>
>>On 1/15/2024 8:21 AM, "pothole," aka "Al Sakran" and a Nazi lying little person,
>>lied:

>>> Precisely !
>>> It's fast turning into the elite and the poor which is the rest of us folks.
>>
>>This is bullshit — typical little person thinking.
>>
>>You just don't know what the fuck you're bullshitting about.
>
>Stop babbling, Rudy. Instead of being an asshole to everybody, try using logic, fact and
>reason to explain your position.
>
>Oh, sorry, I forgot who I was TALKING to!
>
>Swill

I do find it funny that you engage in similar activities.