Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 20:23:44 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
Subject: Seriously?
 by: kmiller - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 03:23 UTC

Good god! What the hell is it with these folks?

AUSTIN, Texas — Public schools in Texas would describe slavery to second
graders as "involuntary relocation" under new social studies standards
proposed to the state's education board.

A group of nine educators submitted the idea to the State Board of
Education as part of Texas' efforts to develop new social studies
curriculum, according to the Texas Tribune. The once-a-decade process
updates what children learn in the state's nearly 8,900 public schools.

The board is considering curriculum changes one year after Texas passed
a law to eliminate topics from schools that make students "feel discomfort."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2022/06/30/texas-slavery-involuntary-relocation-social-studies/7784249001/

Re: Seriously?

<pXtvK.237869$ntj.188181@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15315&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15315

Subject: Re: Seriously?
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 23:34:45 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 03:34 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> Good god! What the hell is it with these folks?
>

> AUSTIN, Texas — Public schools in Texas would describe slavery to
> second graders as "involuntary relocation" under new social studies
> standards proposed to the state's education board.
>
> A group of nine educators submitted the idea to the State Board of
> Education as part of Texas' efforts to develop new social studies
> curriculum, according to the Texas Tribune. The once-a-decade process
> updates what children learn in the state's nearly 8,900 public schools.
>
> The board is considering curriculum changes one year after Texas
> passed a law to eliminate topics from schools that make students "feel
> discomfort."
>
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2022/06/30/texas-slavery-involuntary-relocation-social-studies/7784249001/

Homework and tests used to make me "feel discomfort".

--
bill

Re: Seriously?

<46e758d2-51d0-4d44-bc5c-7ae1221035f5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15321&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15321

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 23:17:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: donlamp...@gmail.com (Don Lampson)
 by: Don Lampson - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 06:17 UTC

On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 8:34:47 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:
> > Good god! What the hell is it with these folks?
> >

> > AUSTIN, Texas — Public schools in Texas would describe slavery to
> > second graders as "involuntary relocation" under new social studies
> > standards proposed to the state's education board.
> >
> > A group of nine educators submitted the idea to the State Board of
> > Education as part of Texas' efforts to develop new social studies
> > curriculum, according to the Texas Tribune. The once-a-decade process
> > updates what children learn in the state's nearly 8,900 public schools.
> >
> > The board is considering curriculum changes one year after Texas
> > passed a law to eliminate topics from schools that make students "feel
> > discomfort."
> >
> > https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2022/06/30/texas-slavery-involuntary-relocation-social-studies/7784249001/
> >
> Homework and tests used to make me "feel discomfort".
>
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

Mr. Olmstead, my 3rd grade teacher's belt was the most extreme "feeling of discomfort" I ever had during my entire education..... I had daydream fantasies about whooping his ass for decades afterwards.....

The Ghost of Silas Marner

Re: Seriously?

<CixvK.13761$Eh2.12235@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15322&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15322

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 03:24:17 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 07:24 UTC

Don Lampson wrote:
> On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 8:34:47 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:
>>> Good god! What the hell is it with these folks?
>>>

>>> AUSTIN, Texas — Public schools in Texas would describe
>>> slavery to second graders as "involuntary relocation" under new
>>> social studies standards proposed to the state's education
>>> board.
>>>
>>> A group of nine educators submitted the idea to the State Board
>>> of Education as part of Texas' efforts to develop new social
>>> studies curriculum, according to the Texas Tribune. The
>>> once-a-decade process updates what children learn in the
>>> state's nearly 8,900 public schools.
>>>
>>> The board is considering curriculum changes one year after
>>> Texas passed a law to eliminate topics from schools that make
>>> students "feel discomfort."
>>>
>>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2022/06/30/texas-slavery-involuntary-relocation-social-studies/7784249001/

Homework and tests used to make me "feel discomfort".

>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> Mr. Olmstead, my 3rd grade teacher's belt was the most extreme
> "feeling of discomfort" I ever had during my entire education.....
> I had daydream fantasies about whooping his ass for decades
> afterwards.....

I allege that you still do - but as a nearly-out-of-the-closet
liberal, you don't want to publicly admit that you still have
vengeance and violence lurking in your soul.

--
bill

Re: Seriously?

<18LvK.244389$ssF.118328@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15331&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15331

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphow...@yahoo.com (Frank Howell)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2022 16:08:52 -0700
 by: Frank Howell - Fri, 1 Jul 2022 23:08 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> Good god! What the hell is it with these folks?
>

> AUSTIN, Texas — Public schools in Texas would describe slavery to second
> graders as "involuntary relocation" under new social studies standards
> proposed to the state's education board.
>
> A group of nine educators submitted the idea to the State Board of
> Education as part of Texas' efforts to develop new social studies
> curriculum, according to the Texas Tribune. The once-a-decade process
> updates what children learn in the state's nearly 8,900 public schools.
>
> The board is considering curriculum changes one year after Texas passed
> a law to eliminate topics from schools that make students "feel
> discomfort."
>
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2022/06/30/texas-slavery-involuntary-relocation-social-studies/7784249001/

Couldn't that also describe prison?

--