Subject: Ethnic Cleansing of Gaza Is Becoming an Official Israeli Government Policy
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 24 23:21:44 UTC
From: voi...@invalid.noy (NefeshBarYochai)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,can.politics,alt.politics.democrats.d,alt.food.fast-food
 by: NefeshBarYochai - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 23:21 UTC

by Dave DeCamp

The idea of cleansing Gaza of its Palestinian population is slowly
becoming an official Israeli government position, Zman Israel reported
on Wednesday.

A senior Israeli official said that Israel is already in discussions
with Congo and other nations on absorbing Palestinian refugees. “Congo
will be willing to take in migrants, and we’re in talks with others,”
the official said.

Israeli officials are framing the plan as a “voluntary” resettlement,
but the Israeli military is making Gaza uninhabitable. Besides the
massive bombing campaign that has destroyed nearly 70% of the homes in
Gaza, the siege has left many Palestinians facing starvation and
disease.

The Zman report came a day after the US condemned rhetoric from two
Israeli ministers, Bezalel Smotrich and Itamar Ben Gvir, about the
expulsion of Palestinians from Gaza and the establishment of Jewish
settlements in the conflict. The US State Department said the Israeli
government has insisted the statements do not reflect government
policy, but that claim does not align with reality.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he was working on
finding countries to accept Palestinians. “Our problem is [finding]
countries that are willing to absorb Gazans, and we are working on
it,” he said.

On Tuesday, Israeli Intelligence Minister Gila Gamliel told Zman that
“voluntary migration is the best and most realistic program for the
day after the fighting ends.” Gamliel penned an op-ed for The
Jerusalem Post published in November, where she proposed the
“voluntary resettlement” of Palestinians from Gaza.

Similarly, two members of the Israeli Knesset, Danny Danon, a member
of Netanyahu’s Likud party, and Ram Ben-Barak, a member of the
opposition party Yesh Atid, called for Western countries to take in
Palestinian refugees in pages of The Wall Street Journal,
demonstrating the idea is popular across the political spectrum.

It was obvious from the start of the Israeli onslaught in Gaza that
the Israeli government wanted to achieve ethnic cleansing in the
enclave. In October, a leaked document drafted by Gamliel’s
Intelligence Ministry proposed pushing all 2.3 million Palestinians in
Gaza into Egypt. But Cairo is standing firm on its opposition to
accepting Palestinian refugees and enabling Israel’s plans, forcing
the Israeli government to look elsewhere.

The Biden administration claims it’s opposed to the expulsion of
Palestinians from Gaza but continues to provide military aid for the
Israeli campaign without conditions. There are no serious discussions
within the administration about cutting Israel off or limiting
military support.

https://news.antiwar.com/2024/01/03/ethnic-cleansing-of-gaza-is-becoming-an-official-israeli-government-policy/

Re: Ethnic Cleansing of Gaza Is Becoming an Official Israeli Government Policy

<F0irN.547427$2zI9.100134@fx15.ams4>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15381&group=alt.food.fast-food#15381

From: andrew.3...@usa.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,can.politics,alt.politics.democrats.d,alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 15:45:41 -0800
 by: Andrew - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 23:45 UTC

"NefeshBarYochai" wrote in message news:sg9rqidehdiv1ap0njrc48mhmb6ur9qii4@4ax.com...
> by Dave DeCamp
>
> The idea of cleansing Gaza of its Palestinian population is
> slowly becoming an official Israeli government position,

How does their 'position' effect their relation with their
neighbors, as well as the rest of the world? Seems like
they should consider what the long term outcome would
be.