You can't erase a dream, you can only wake me up. -- Peter Frampton

arts / rec.arts.tv / Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

SubjectAuthor
* Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didAdam H. Kerman
+* Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's;anim8rfsk
|`* Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says theyThe Horny Goat
| `- Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's;anim8rfsk
+* Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says theyBTR1701
|+* Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says theyAdam H. Kerman
||+* Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says theyBTR1701
|||+* Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says theyAdam H. Kerman
|||`- Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's;anim8rfsk
||`- Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says theyThe Horny Goat
|+- Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather oftrotsky
|`- Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather ofRhino
`* Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says theyThe Horny Goat
 `- Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says theyAdam H. Kerman

1
Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<te6o46$3igbg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153820&group=rec.arts.tv#153820

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 02:51:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 02:51 UTC

This is an old story.

Zachary Peters, son of the homeowner, shot three armed teen burglars dead
upon hearing them break into the house. After due consideration, the
prosecutor accepted self defense and declined to press charges.

Two of the three dead burglars were under 18. The grandfather of one of
them said

Leroy Schumacher says his grandson made a huge life error but
what happened was a tragedy. He didn't deserve it, he says.
"What these three boys did was stupid," he told ABC News. "They
knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to
die."

I'm sure if only he'd outgrown his youthful felonious zeal, he'd have
lived to become a fine human being.

In an interesting twist, the getaway driver, a 21-year-old woman, was
charged with burglary AND three counts of felony murder.

I believe in the charge of felony murder but I think it should be
directly related to the actions of the criminal and shouldn't apply if
other conspirators get killed by police or in self defense.

http://www.newson6.com/story/5e35fb5a2f69d76f6202d5bb/three-teen-burglary-suspects-killed-in-broken-arrow-identified

https://www.publicradiotulsa.org/local-regional/2017-04-03/no-charges-against-wagoner-county-home-invasion-shooter#stream/0

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/update-woman-arrested-after-broken-arrow-area-man-fatally-shoots/article_64c15c80-0019-56d6-9322-c1b93c0ff5d0.html

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<1495705774.683089680.800818.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153825&group=rec.arts.tv#153825

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's;
grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 20:42:17 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 03:42 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> This is an old story.
>
> Zachary Peters, son of the homeowner, shot three armed teen burglars dead
> upon hearing them break into the house. After due consideration, the
> prosecutor accepted self defense and declined to press charges.
>
> Two of the three dead burglars were under 18. The grandfather of one of
> them said
>
> Leroy Schumacher says his grandson made a huge life error but
> what happened was a tragedy. He didn't deserve it, he says.
> "What these three boys did was stupid," he told ABC News. "They
> knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to
> die."
>
> I'm sure if only he'd outgrown his youthful felonious zeal, he'd have
> lived to become a fine human being.
>
> In an interesting twist, the getaway driver, a 21-year-old woman, was
> charged with burglary AND three counts of felony murder.
>
> I believe in the charge of felony murder but I think it should be
> directly related to the actions of the criminal and shouldn't apply if
> other conspirators get killed by police or in self defense.
>
> http://www.newson6.com/story/5e35fb5a2f69d76f6202d5bb/three-teen-burglary-suspects-killed-in-broken-arrow-identified
>
> https://www.publicradiotulsa.org/local-regional/2017-04-03/no-charges-against-wagoner-county-home-invasion-shooter#stream/0
>
> https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/update-woman-arrested-after-broken-arrow-area-man-fatally-shoots/article_64c15c80-0019-56d6-9322-c1b93c0ff5d0.html

We had a similar case nearby here where a guy woke up in the middle of the
night because there was a burglar in his house and he grabbed his gun and
they chased each other around and ended up going outside and over the fence
and through the neighbors yard and back and ended up back in his front yard
where at the curb the burglars wife was waiting driving the getaway car.
For whatever reason instead of jumping in the car and vamoosing the burglar
turned and (I believe he was armed) attacked the homeowner who blew him to
Hell.

Now you’d think they’d put the wife away but instead public opinion started
screaming about her being a widow and crap. And of course the ever popular
“he shouldn’t have continued chasing him once they were outside”

I know they didn’t prosecute the homeowner but I never did hear what if
anything they did to the wife. To me the big deciding factor there is that
she was the getaway driver and not just sitting in the backseat or
something claiming “I didn’t know what he was up to!“

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<atropos-F6F663.21190524082022@kd014101080069.ppp-bb.dion.ne.jp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153832&group=rec.arts.tv#153832

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 21:19:05 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 04:19 UTC

In article <te6o46$3igbg$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> This is an old story.
>
> Zachary Peters, son of the homeowner, shot three armed teen burglars dead
> upon hearing them break into the house. After due consideration, the
> prosecutor accepted self defense and declined to press charges.

Good. People need to be scared to break into other people's homes.

> Two of the three dead burglars were under 18. The grandfather of one of
> them said
>
> Leroy Schumacher says his grandson made a huge life error but
> what happened was a tragedy. He didn't deserve it, he says.
> "What these three boys did was stupid," he told ABC News. "They
> knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to
> die."

Yes, it's sad but if you fuck around, you find out.

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<te6ufr$3iu48$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153836&group=rec.arts.tv#153836

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 04:40:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 04:40 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>This is an old story.

>>Zachary Peters, son of the homeowner, shot three armed teen burglars dead
>>upon hearing them break into the house. After due consideration, the
>>prosecutor accepted self defense and declined to press charges.

>Good. People need to be scared to break into other people's homes.

>>Two of the three dead burglars were under 18. The grandfather of one of
>>them said

>> Leroy Schumacher says his grandson made a huge life error but
>> what happened was a tragedy. He didn't deserve it, he says.
>> "What these three boys did was stupid," he told ABC News. "They
>> knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to
>> die."

>Yes, it's sad but if you fuck around, you find out.

What did you think of the felony murder charges againts the getaway
driver?

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<atropos-13227A.22013724082022@kd014101080069.ppp-bb.dion.ne.jp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153840&group=rec.arts.tv#153840

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 22:01:37 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 05:01 UTC

In article <te6ufr$3iu48$1@dont-email.me>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> >"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
> >>This is an old story.
>
> >>Zachary Peters, son of the homeowner, shot three armed teen burglars dead
> >>upon hearing them break into the house. After due consideration, the
> >>prosecutor accepted self defense and declined to press charges.
>
> >Good. People need to be scared to break into other people's homes.
>
> >>Two of the three dead burglars were under 18. The grandfather of one of
> >>them said
>
> >> Leroy Schumacher says his grandson made a huge life error but
> >> what happened was a tragedy. He didn't deserve it, he says.
> >> "What these three boys did was stupid," he told ABC News. "They
> >> knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to
> >> die."
>
> >Yes, it's sad but if you fuck around, you find out.
>
> What did you think of the felony murder charges againts the getaway
> driver?

Well, she was a getaway driver... not exactly innocent.

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<te7dog$1q6i$15@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153868&group=rec.arts.tv#153868

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of
one says they didn't deserve to die
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 04:01:03 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 09:01 UTC

On 8/24/2022 11:19 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <te6o46$3igbg$1@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> This is an old story.
>>
>> Zachary Peters, son of the homeowner, shot three armed teen burglars dead
>> upon hearing them break into the house. After due consideration, the
>> prosecutor accepted self defense and declined to press charges.
>
> Good. People need to be scared to break into other people's homes.

Well anonyshitted and eunuch'd. Should people be afraid to have real
identities too?

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<te7pqj$3l3n4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153884&group=rec.arts.tv#153884

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 12:26:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 12:26 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>Good. People need to be scared to break into other people's homes.

>>>Yes, it's sad but if you fuck around, you find out.

>>What did you think of the felony murder charges againts the getaway
>>driver?

>Well, she was a getaway driver... not exactly innocent.

She was part of the burglary. Those charged made sense. There are
circumstances if someone in the family died as a result of the crime,
sure, I can see felony murder charges. But I don't see how she's
responsible for death of her partners in crime in self defense.

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<te7q61$3l6hm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153885&group=rec.arts.tv#153885

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
one says they didn't deserve to die
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 08:32:58 -0400
 by: Rhino - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 12:32 UTC

On 2022-08-25 12:19 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <te6o46$3igbg$1@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> This is an old story.
>>
>> Zachary Peters, son of the homeowner, shot three armed teen burglars dead
>> upon hearing them break into the house. After due consideration, the
>> prosecutor accepted self defense and declined to press charges.
>
> Good. People need to be scared to break into other people's homes.
>
>> Two of the three dead burglars were under 18. The grandfather of one of
>> them said
>>
>> Leroy Schumacher says his grandson made a huge life error but
>> what happened was a tragedy. He didn't deserve it, he says.
>> "What these three boys did was stupid," he told ABC News. "They
>> knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to
>> die."
>
> Yes, it's sad but if you fuck around, you find out.

As a wise man once said "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

--
Rhino

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<1003450670.683112389.534375.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153925&group=rec.arts.tv#153925

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 10:53:31 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 17:53 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <te6ufr$3iu48$1@dont-email.me>,
> "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Good. People need to be scared to break into other people's homes.

>>> Yes, it's sad but if you fuck around, you find out.
>>
>> What did you think of the felony murder charges againts the getaway
>> driver?
>
> Well, she was a getaway driver... not exactly innocent.

It seems pretty clear-cut to me. She’s a participant in a felony and
somebody died. She committed murder.

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<260304866.683143063.472789.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153932&group=rec.arts.tv#153932

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 11:51:52 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 18:51 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> What did you think of the felony murder charges againts the getaway
>>> driver?
>
>> Well, she was a getaway driver... not exactly innocent.
>
> She was part of the burglary. Those charged made sense. There are
> circumstances if someone in the family died as a result of the crime,
> sure, I can see felony murder charges. But I don't see how she's
> responsible for death of her partners in crime in self defense.

I thought the felony murder rule was pretty straightforward and all
encompassing. If somebody dies as a result of a felony you were part of
committing, that death is a murder, and you can be charged for it. As I
understand it even if a bank guard has a heart attack and falls over dead
or something, the getaway driver can be charged with murder. I’m sure there
have been cases were one felon killed another felon and the third felon can
be charged with murder.

If you still have the link and would repost it I’d be happy to actually
read about it and give a new quas I informed opinion.

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<atropos-87AE7B.12341025082022@kd014101080069.ppp-bb.dion.ne.jp>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153948&group=rec.arts.tv#153948

From: atro...@mac.com (BTR1701)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 12:34:10 -0700
 by: BTR1701 - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 19:34 UTC

In article
anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> > BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> >> Well, she was a getaway driver... not exactly innocent.
> >
> > She was part of the burglary. Those charged made sense. There are
> > circumstances if someone in the family died as a result of the crime,
> > sure, I can see felony murder charges. But I don't see how she's
> > responsible for death of her partners in crime in self defense.
> >
> I thought the felony murder rule was pretty straightforward and all
> encompassing. If somebody dies as a result of a felony you were part of
> committing, that death is a murder, and you can be charged for it. As I
> understand it even if a bank guard has a heart attack and falls over dead
> or something, the getaway driver can be charged with murder.

Well, no. The state has the burden of proving the death was a result of,
just not concurrent with, the felony.

If someone in a crowd gets struck by lightning while you and your crew
are robbing them, that's not felony murder.

> I'm sure there have been cases were one felon killed another felon and
> the third felon can be charged with murder.

Yep.

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<44kfghl3fik2fgupqq4ihpfsdomirl67n4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153957&group=rec.arts.tv#153957

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 12:43:56 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 19:43 UTC

On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 02:51:51 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>Zachary Peters, son of the homeowner, shot three armed teen burglars dead
>upon hearing them break into the house. After due consideration, the
>prosecutor accepted self defense and declined to press charges.
>
>Two of the three dead burglars were under 18. The grandfather of one of
>them said
>
> Leroy Schumacher says his grandson made a huge life error but
> what happened was a tragedy. He didn't deserve it, he says.
> "What these three boys did was stupid," he told ABC News. "They
> knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to
> die."

If they were ARMED burglars then they clearly were fine about using
deadly force against their victims.

So unless the report is mistaken the grandfather's excuses are pure
bovine kaka and not worth the time of day. If you take a weapon into a
robbery you implicitly accept the risk somebody else might use one on
you.

So sorry - no sympathy here.

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<s9kfghdqjjk8c52542e2rp3ft774jfnqau@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153958&group=rec.arts.tv#153958

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 12:45:23 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 19:45 UTC

On Wed, 24 Aug 2022 20:42:17 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>Hell.
>
>Now you’d think they’d put the wife away but instead public opinion started
>screaming about her being a widow and crap. And of course the ever popular
>“he shouldn’t have continued chasing him once they were outsideâ€?
>
>I know they didn’t prosecute the homeowner but I never did hear what if
>anything they did to the wife. To me the big deciding factor there is that
>she was the getaway driver and not just sitting in the backseat or
>something claiming “I didn’t know what he was up to!“

If she was an accomplice in the attempted crime where's the sympathy
belong?

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<708961189.683149063.632001.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153964&group=rec.arts.tv#153964

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 13:06:21 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 20:06 UTC

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
> In article
> <260304866.683143063.472789.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> She was part of the burglary. Those charged made sense. There are
>>> circumstances if someone in the family died as a result of the crime,
>>> sure, I can see felony murder charges. But I don't see how she's
>>> responsible for death of her partners in crime in self defense.
>>>
>> I thought the felony murder rule was pretty straightforward and all
>> encompassing. If somebody dies as a result of a felony you were part of
>> committing, that death is a murder, and you can be charged for it. As I
>> understand it even if a bank guard has a heart attack and falls over dead
>> or something, the getaway driver can be charged with murder.
>
> Well, no. The state has the burden of proving the death was a result of,
> just not concurrent with, the felony.
>
> If someone in a crowd gets struck by lightning while you and your crew
> are robbing them, that's not felony murder.

I said that! Right back up there about a dozen lines! Almost Word for Word!
Look for the word “result”!

Judges, I think BTR owes me ice cream. What say you?

>> I'm sure there have been cases were one felon killed another felon and
>> the third felon can be charged with murder.
>
> Yep.

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<te8pb1$3k2$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=153986&group=rec.arts.tv#153986

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
one says they didn't deserve to die
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 16:24:48 -0500
 by: trotsky - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 21:24 UTC

On 8/25/2022 2:34 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article
> <260304866.683143063.472789.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
> anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>> She was part of the burglary. Those charged made sense. There are
>>> circumstances if someone in the family died as a result of the crime,
>>> sure, I can see felony murder charges. But I don't see how she's
>>> responsible for death of her partners in crime in self defense.
>>>
>> I thought the felony murder rule was pretty straightforward and all
>> encompassing. If somebody dies as a result of a felony you were part of
>> committing, that death is a murder, and you can be charged for it. As I
>> understand it even if a bank guard has a heart attack and falls over dead
>> or something, the getaway driver can be charged with murder.
>
> Well, no. The state has the burden of proving the death was a result of,
> just not concurrent with, the felony.

Holy fuck, there is NO way you're a lawyer. The felony murder law
varies from state to state, which is what gay boy was alluding to
whether he knew it or not. And I picked this up just from watching
"Bull." You went to law school? Pure horseshit.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2015/09/24/a-person-can-be-charged-with-murder-even-if-they-haven-t-killed-anyone

> Charged With Murder Without Killing Anyone
> The paradox of “felony murder” laws.

Read the fucking thing, you might learn something you fucking dipshit.

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<101942687.683175485.083413.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154024&group=rec.arts.tv#154024

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 20:28:15 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 03:28 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2022 20:42:17 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Hell.
>>
>> Now you’d think they’d put the wife away but instead public opinion started
>> screaming about her being a widow and crap. And of course the ever popular
>> “he shouldn’t have continued chasing him once they were outsideâ€?
>>
>> I know they didn’t prosecute the homeowner but I never did hear what if
>> anything they did to the wife. To me the big deciding factor there is that
>> she was the getaway driver and not just sitting in the backseat or
>> something claiming “I didn’t know what he was up to!“
>
> If she was an accomplice in the attempted crime where's the sympathy
> belong?

With the homeowner. Let’s worry about her when she gets out of prison in a
few decades.

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<te9f9c$3sln0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154035&group=rec.arts.tv#154035

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 03:39:24 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 03:39 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>>Well, she was a getaway driver... not exactly innocent.

>>She was part of the burglary. Those charged made sense. There are
>>circumstances if someone in the family died as a result of the crime,
>>sure, I can see felony murder charges. But I don't see how she's
>>responsible for death of her partners in crime in self defense.

>I thought the felony murder rule was pretty straightforward and all
>encompassing.

You are correct.

>If somebody dies as a result of a felony you were part of
>committing, that death is a murder, and you can be charged for it. As I
>understand it even if a bank guard has a heart attack and falls over dead
>or something, the getaway driver can be charged with murder. I'm sure there
>have been cases were one felon killed another felon and the third felon can
>be charged with murder.

>If you still have the link and would repost it I'd be happy to actually
>read about it and give a new quas I informed opinion.

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<te9fe1$3sln0$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154036&group=rec.arts.tv#154036

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 03:41:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 03:41 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>Thu, 25 Aug 2022 02:51:51 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>>Zachary Peters, son of the homeowner, shot three armed teen burglars dead
>>upon hearing them break into the house. After due consideration, the
>>prosecutor accepted self defense and declined to press charges.

>>Two of the three dead burglars were under 18. The grandfather of one of
>>them said

>> Leroy Schumacher says his grandson made a huge life error but
>> what happened was a tragedy. He didn't deserve it, he says.
>> "What these three boys did was stupid," he told ABC News. "They
>> knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to
>> die."

>If they were ARMED burglars then they clearly were fine about using
>deadly force against their victims.

They were armed with blunt instruments. I'm sure they intended to commit
battery if they encountered any resistance.

>So unless the report is mistaken the grandfather's excuses are pure
>bovine kaka and not worth the time of day. If you take a weapon into a
>robbery you implicitly accept the risk somebody else might use one on
>you.

>So sorry - no sympathy here.

I don't care if they were unarmed burglars. They were committing harm.
Who cares if they die.

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<ccbnghtoamvkp90f4ng4t95u16uf457ht5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154461&group=rec.arts.tv#154461

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 11:03:06 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 18:03 UTC

On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 04:40:27 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>"Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>
>>>This is an old story.
>
>>>Zachary Peters, son of the homeowner, shot three armed teen burglars dead
>>>upon hearing them break into the house. After due consideration, the
>>>prosecutor accepted self defense and declined to press charges.
>
>>Good. People need to be scared to break into other people's homes.
>
>>>Two of the three dead burglars were under 18. The grandfather of one of
>>>them said
>
>>> Leroy Schumacher says his grandson made a huge life error but
>>> what happened was a tragedy. He didn't deserve it, he says.
>>> "What these three boys did was stupid," he told ABC News. "They
>>> knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to
>>> die."
>
>>Yes, it's sad but if you fuck around, you find out.
>
>What did you think of the felony murder charges againts the getaway
>driver?

I don't think it's sad at all. If you break into someone's home
carrying deadly weapons and brandishing them as if intending to shoot
you deserve every bit of what could possibly go sideways.

Sorry - no tears here.

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<fgbnghlssfd0b00dvttu8f4fl2e8071k18@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154462&group=rec.arts.tv#154462

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 11:06:09 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 18:06 UTC

On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 11:51:52 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
wrote:

>I thought the felony murder rule was pretty straightforward and all
>encompassing. If somebody dies as a result of a felony you were part of
>committing, that death is a murder, and you can be charged for it. As I
>understand it even if a bank guard has a heart attack and falls over dead
>or something, the getaway driver can be charged with murder. I’m sure there
>have been cases were one felon killed another felon and the third felon can
>be charged with murder.
>
>If you still have the link and would repost it I’d be happy to actually
>read about it and give a new quas I informed opinion.

Felony murder in this case is stupid - had one of the homeowner's
FAMILY died it would have made sense but in this case the deceased was
one of the criminal gang she was part of and was killed in self
defence by those she and her group were attacking.

No question it was homicide but no way all homicide is criminal.

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<tegdjq$mido$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154474&group=rec.arts.tv#154474

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 18:53:46 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 18:53 UTC

The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 11:51:52 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>I thought the felony murder rule was pretty straightforward and all
>>encompassing. If somebody dies as a result of a felony you were part of
>>committing, that death is a murder, and you can be charged for it. As I
>>understand it even if a bank guard has a heart attack and falls over dead
>>or something, the getaway driver can be charged with murder. I’m sure there
>>have been cases were one felon killed another felon and the third felon can
>>be charged with murder.

>>If you still have the link and would repost it I’d be happy to actually
>>read about it and give a new quas I informed opinion.

>Felony murder in this case is stupid - had one of the homeowner's
>FAMILY died it would have made sense but in this case the deceased was
>one of the criminal gang she was part of and was killed in self
>defence by those she and her group were attacking.

>No question it was homicide but no way all homicide is criminal.

You're the only one who agrees with me. Everyone else thought the
prosecutor wasn't overcharging the getaway driver.

Re: Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die

<1451057671.683406992.524757.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154494&group=rec.arts.tv#154494

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 12:23:16 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 19:23 UTC

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>> On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 11:51:52 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> I thought the felony murder rule was pretty straightforward and all
>>> encompassing. If somebody dies as a result of a felony you were part of
>>> committing, that death is a murder, and you can be charged for it. As I
>>> understand it even if a bank guard has a heart attack and falls over dead
>>> or something, the getaway driver can be charged with murder. I’m sure there
>>> have been cases were one felon killed another felon and the third felon can
>>> be charged with murder.
>
>>> If you still have the link and would repost it I’d be happy to actually
>>> read about it and give a new quas I informed opinion.
>
>> Felony murder in this case is stupid - had one of the homeowner's
>> FAMILY died it would have made sense but in this case the deceased was
>> one of the criminal gang she was part of and was killed in self
>> defence by those she and her group were attacking.
>
>> No question it was homicide but no way all homicide is criminal.
>
> You're the only one who agrees with me. Everyone else thought the
> prosecutor wasn't overcharging the getaway driver.

Nope. I wouldn’t oppose the death penalty either.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Son of homeowner shoots three misguided yout's; grandfather of one says they didn't deserve to die