The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware that he is wise.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of color

SubjectAuthor
* Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of colorGeorge.Anthony
+* Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of colorbfh
|`* Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of colorkmiller
| `* Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of colorbfh
|  `* Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of colorkmiller
|   `- Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of colorbfh
`* Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of colorGeorge.Anthony
 `- Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of colorGeorge.Anthony

1
Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of color

<ta49i5$2i9h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15384&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15384

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of color
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 10:25:55 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 15:25 UTC

On 7/5/2022 3:28 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> "State parks want to attract more visitors of color"
>
> "As Americans plan their summer vacations, states around the country are
> struggling with a persistent challenge: how to attract more Black
> residents and other visitors of color to their parks.
>
> The racial gap in park visitation is long-standing.
>
> Officials estimate that about 3 in 4 visitors to America’s state and
> national parks are White, well above their population rate of 60
> percent. But since the police murder of George Floyd in 2020 sparked a
> national reckoning on race, state leaders have intensified their efforts
> to increase diversity. The pandemic has further sharpened the focus on
> access to state parks, state officials say.
>
> Public health also is at stake, experts say. Studies suggest millions of
> Black and Hispanic Americans miss out on the health benefits of being in
> nature — stress reduction, weight control and physical exercise among
> them — because they lack access to parks. Those add up to larger health
> costs."
>
> "Oregon established a committee to make recommendations on outdoor
> recreation policy, including how to increase public access."
>
> "This article is from Stateline, an initiative of the Pew Charitable
> Trusts."
>
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/07/01/racial-gap-state-parks/
>
> TB
So Oregon state parks are racist? What next,are they going to put up
basketball courts and watermelon stands? How about opening up Popeye's
Fried Chicken joints in the parks. Giving swimming lessons? There is not
a damned thing stopping Americans of African descent from going to the
parks... they have other interests. I travel all around this country and
Canada. Often my family are the only blacks in any of the parks,
National, State or otherwise. No one has ever told me I shouldn't be
there however.

Maybe wokies should look into getting more whites on basketball teams if
they are so concerned with "equity". Even if "white men can't jump".

--
----------
One out of three Biden supporters is just as politically misguided as

Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of color

<jwjxK.39142$sZ1.21997@fx07.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15386&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15386

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 13:21:18 -0400
 by: bfh - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 17:21 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> [...]
>>> Charitable Trusts."
>>>
>>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/07/01/racial-gap-state-parks/
>>>

>>> TB
>> So Oregon state parks are racist?  What next,are they going to put
>> up basketball courts and watermelon stands? How about opening up
>> Popeye's Fried Chicken joints in the parks. Giving swimming lessons?
>> There is not a damned thing stopping Americans of African descent
>> from going to the parks... they have other interests. I travel all
>> around this country and Canada. Often my family are the only blacks
>> in any of the parks, National, State or otherwise. No one has ever
>> told me I shouldn't be there however.
>>
>> Maybe wokies should look into getting more whites on basketball
>> teams if they are so concerned with "equity". Even if "white men
>> can't jump".
>>

>      lol You got all of that from, ""Oregon established a committee
> to make recommendations on outdoor recreation policy, including how to
> increase public access." Heaven help us if they actually do anything.
>
> "Governor Kate Brown directed the Office of Outdoor Recreation to form
> a temporary task force. Dubbed the “Task Force on the Outdoors,”
> the group will develop high-level recommendations on these topics:
>
> Economic development of rural and urban areas to ensure equal access
> to the outdoors
>
> Balancing improved access to the outdoors with environment and natural
> resource protection
>
> Increasing outdoor participation, especially among youth and
> traditionally underserved communities.
>
> Task force members are appointed by the Oregon State Parks and
> Recreation Commission, the body that also oversees Oregon State Parks.
> Members are selected from government agencies, businesses and
> nonprofits that have a stake in outdoor recreation.
>
> The task force has one year to research and prepare a report to the
> Office of the Governor. The report will detail recommended policies,
> legislation and initiatives to support the above topics."
>
> https://www.oregon.gov/orec/Pages/Governors-Task-Force.aspx
>
>      If you look closely you can find some ageism, but I don't see
> any mention of any particular color here. We have a lot of them. I
> took a quick look at the people on the committee. They look like
> serious professionals to me.
>
>      Having visited a lot of our State parks the thing that strikes
> me the most about this is looking at rural development. One of the big
> things that drives our park system is demand. We have a lot of parks
> on the coast and around Bend. We have a lot of parks that are mostly
> patronized by people who live in the Willamette valley. Out in the
> really rural areas--not so much. Our park system is popular enough
> that it could be used to spur more economic development in rural
> areas. Just about everyone benefits if we can get the campers spread
> out more. I'll bet this committee has something to say about that.

Speaking of rural development.....................
June 28, 2022
Ocmulgee EMC and Conexon Connect to Expand Broadband in Central Georgia

Ocmulgee EMC announced plans today to transform life for its members
by partnering with Conexon Connect to provide access to reliable,
affordable, high-speed fiber broadband service.

“When I ran for Governor in 2018, I promised to bring opportunity to
all Georgians, no matter their zip code,” said Governor Brian Kemp.
“We’ve seen vast expansions of broadband internet access across rural
Georgia, connecting our citizens to a wide network of resources and
opening doors. I commend Ocmulgee EMC and Conexon for this exciting
public-private partnership and their commitment to creating value for
their communities.”

Conexon Connect is an internet service provider created and managed by
rural fiber-optic network design and construction management leader
Conexon. Ocmulgee EMC is teaming up with Conexon Connect to launch and
deploy a network that could span up to 2,100 miles of
fiber-to-the-home (FTTH), providing high-speed internet access to up
to 8,000 members in Laurens, Dodge, Bleckley, Pulaski and Telfair
counties in central Georgia. Made possible by a $19 million grant
funded through the American Rescue Plan Act, the ultimate goal of the
project will be to provide all of Ocmulgee EMC’s membership with fiber
internet, dependent on funding availability. Breaking ground in
September of 2022, the first customers are expected to be connected in
early 2023 with project completion estimated at 2-4 years.

The fiber-optic network will offer members access to symmetrical
Gigabit internet capabilities (same download and upload speeds) –
among the fastest and most robust in the nation. Additionally, it will
provide reliable, clear phone service..........
https://allongeorgia.com/georgia-state-news/ocmulgee-emc-and-conexon-connect-to-expand-broadband-in-central-georgia/

Maybe I'll live to see it.

--
bill

Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of color

<ta4i9q$3hlk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15392&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15392

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 12:55:03 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 17:55 UTC

On 7/6/2022 11:53 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> how to attract more Black residents and other visitors of color to their
> parks.

Did you even read what you posted?

"...how to attract more Black residents and other visitors of color to
their parks."

--
----------
One out of three Biden supporters is just as politically misguided as
the other two.

Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of color

<mtqdnRneL7yzs1v_nZ2dnUU7-bWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15398&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15398

Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 17:52:01 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 00:52 UTC

On 7/6/2022 10:21 AM, bfh wrote:
> [...]
> Conexon. Ocmulgee EMC is teaming up with Conexon Connect to launch and
> deploy a network that could span up to 2,100 miles of fiber-to-the-home
> (FTTH), providing high-speed internet access to up to 8,000 members in
> Laurens, Dodge, Bleckley, Pulaski and Telfair counties in central
> Georgia. Made possible by a $19 million grant funded through the
> American Rescue Plan Act, the ultimate goal of the project will be to
> provide all of Ocmulgee EMC’s membership with fiber internet, dependent
> on funding availability. Breaking ground in September of 2022, the first
> customers are expected to be connected in early 2023 with project
> completion estimated at 2-4 years.
>
> The fiber-optic network will offer members access to symmetrical Gigabit
> internet capabilities (same download and upload speeds) – among the
> fastest and most robust in the nation. Additionally, it will provide

The "American Rescue Plan Act"? Wasn't that one of those damn Biden
thingies? You better turn it down, even if'n it comes your way!

Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of color

<DoqxK.395288$X_i.147709@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15399&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15399

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 21:10:58 -0400
 by: bfh - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 01:10 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> [...]
>> funded through the American Rescue Plan Act, the ultimate goal of
>> the project will be to provide all of Ocmulgee EMC’s membership
>> with fiber internet, dependent on funding availability. Breaking
>> ground in September of 2022, the first customers are expected to be
>> connected in early 2023 with project completion estimated at 2-4 years.
>>
>> The fiber-optic network will offer members access to symmetrical
>> Gigabit internet capabilities (same download and upload speeds) –
>> among the fastest and most robust in the nation. Additionally, it
>> will provide reliable, clear phone service..........
>> https://allongeorgia.com/georgia-state-news/ocmulgee-emc-and-conexon-connect-to-expand-broadband-in-central-georgia/
>>

>> Maybe I'll live to see it.
>>

> The "American Rescue Plan Act"? Wasn't that one of those damn Biden
> thingies? You better turn it down, even if'n it comes your way!

Not a chance. If it comes my way, I'll still have to pay for it - and
there's no such thing as a too fast internet. Gigabit before I die.
That's my goal. And I'll bet my pine trees can't obstruct a
trencher............and unlike Kakala, it'll get right to the root of
the problem.

Download Mbps
34.88
Upload Mbps
14.06
Ping ms 48

--
bill

Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of color

<mtqdnRjeL7wOqFv_nZ2dnUU7-bWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15400&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15400

Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 18:23:34 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 01:23 UTC

On 7/6/2022 6:10 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> Speaking of rural development.....................
>>> June 28, 2022
>>> Ocmulgee EMC and Conexon Connect to Expand Broadband in Central Georgia
>>>
>>> Ocmulgee EMC announced plans today to transform life for its members
>>> by partnering with Conexon Connect to provide access to reliable,
>>> affordable, high-speed fiber broadband service.
>>>
>>> “When I ran for Governor in 2018, I promised to bring opportunity
>>> to all Georgians, no matter their zip code,” said Governor Brian
>>> Kemp. “We’ve seen vast expansions of broadband internet access
>>> across rural Georgia, connecting our citizens to a wide network of
>>> resources and opening doors. I commend Ocmulgee EMC and Conexon for
>>> this exciting public-private partnership and their commitment to
>>> creating value for their communities.”
>>>
>>> Conexon Connect is an internet service provider created and managed
>>> by rural fiber-optic network design and construction management
>>> leader Conexon. Ocmulgee EMC is teaming up with Conexon Connect to
>>> launch and deploy a network that could span up to 2,100 miles of
>>> fiber-to-the-home (FTTH), providing high-speed internet access to up
>>> to 8,000 members in Laurens, Dodge, Bleckley, Pulaski and Telfair
>>> counties in central Georgia. Made possible by a $19 million grant
>>> funded through the American Rescue Plan Act, the ultimate goal of the
>>> project will be to provide all of Ocmulgee EMC’s membership with
>>> fiber internet, dependent on funding availability. Breaking ground in
>>> September of 2022, the first customers are expected to be connected
>>> in early 2023 with project completion estimated at 2-4 years.
>>>
>>> The fiber-optic network will offer members access to symmetrical
>>> Gigabit internet capabilities (same download and upload speeds) –
>>> among the fastest and most robust in the nation. Additionally, it
>>> will provide reliable, clear phone service..........
>>> https://allongeorgia.com/georgia-state-news/ocmulgee-emc-and-conexon-connect-to-expand-broadband-in-central-georgia/
>>>

>>> Maybe I'll live to see it.
>>>

>> The "American Rescue Plan Act"? Wasn't that one of those damn Biden
>> thingies? You better turn it down, even if'n it comes your way!
>
> Not a chance. If it comes my way, I'll still have to pay for it - and
> there's no such thing as a too fast internet. Gigabit before I die.
> That's my goal. And I'll bet my pine trees can't obstruct a
> trencher............and unlike Kakala, it'll get right to the root of
> the problem.
>
> Download Mbps
> 34.88
> Upload Mbps
> 14.06
> Ping ms 48

Click here to read the complete article
Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of color

<yorxK.357954$vAW9.156972@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15401&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15401

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 22:19:10 -0400
 by: bfh - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 02:19 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 7/6/2022 6:10 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> The "American Rescue Plan Act"? Wasn't that one of those damn Biden
>>> thingies? You better turn it down, even if'n it comes your way!
>>
>> Not a chance. If it comes my way, I'll still have to pay for it -
>> and there's no such thing as a too fast internet. Gigabit before I
>> die. That's my goal. And I'll bet my pine trees can't obstruct a
>> trencher............and unlike Kakala, it'll get right to the root
>> of the problem.
>>
>> Download Mbps
>> 34.88
>> Upload Mbps
>> 14.06
>> Ping ms 48
>>

> That democratic high-speed internet will turn you liberal faster than
> you can squeak, "help me Biden"!

Click here to read the complete article
Re: State parks want to attract more visitors of color

<ta6tor$dm70$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15407&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15407

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 10:23:07 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 15:23 UTC

On 7/6/2022 8:54 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On 7/6/2022 10:55 AM, George.Anthony wrote:
>> On 7/6/2022 11:53 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> how to attract more Black residents and other visitors of color to
>>> their parks.
>>
>> Did you even read what you posted?
>>
>> "...how to attract more Black residents and other visitors of color to
>> their parks."
>>

>      As usual, you're just shuckin' and jivin'. With an out of context
> quote this time. That was a reference to some other states. There's
> nuthin' there to indicate that Oregon State Parks are worried about your
> black ass. But hey, don't let that put a crimp in your racism.
>
> TB

More of your racist comments, eh. Well you can kiss my black ass.
Wait, I take that back. With your perverted ways you might actually do
it. Anyway, I think I will have to change your moniker to Mister Dodge.

--