"See - the thing is - I'm an absolutist. I mean, kind of ... in a way ..."

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run fasterAdam H. Kerman
+- Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run fastersuzeeq
`* Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run fasterRhino
 +* Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run fasterThe Horny Goat
 |`* Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run fasterA Friend
 | +- Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run fastertrotsky
 | `* Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run fasterThe Horny Goat
 |  `* Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run fasterA Friend
 |   +* Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run fasterAdam H. Kerman
 |   |`- Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run fasterThe Horny Goat
 |   `- Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run fasterThe Horny Goat
 +- Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run fastertrotsky
 `* Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run fasteranim8rfsk
  +- Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run fastertrotsky
  `* Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run fasterAdam H. Kerman
   `- Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run fasterThe Horny Goat

1
Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

<tel88r$1ga9h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154812&group=rec.arts.tv#154812

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 14:53:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 14:53 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>Schumer might not be the best person to have in a foxhole...

>https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/29/politics/joshua-pruitt-rioter-proud-boys-sentenced/index.html

Yes. Schumer's security detail changed direction and had Schumer run
down a ramp to get beyond a door that could be closed. Since Schumer
isn't a soldier at the front line fighting an ememy force, your foxhole
analogy was off the mark. What the hell did you expect him to do?

You're also correct that Joshua Pruitt could not be charged with assault
nor battery upon Schumer that was prevented from happening as Schumer's
security detail did its job, making sure that Schumer avoided a potentially
deadly confrontation.

You are still being a huge ass, expecting a 70 year old man to attempt
to hold back an angry mob.

Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

<tel9v8$kd19$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154820&group=rec.arts.tv#154820

From: suz...@imbris.com (suzeeq)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 08:22:15 -0700
 by: suzeeq - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 15:22 UTC

On 8/30/2022 7:53 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Schumer might not be the best person to have in a foxhole...
>
>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/29/politics/joshua-pruitt-rioter-proud-boys-sentenced/index.html
>
> Yes. Schumer's security detail changed direction and had Schumer run
> down a ramp to get beyond a door that could be closed. Since Schumer
> isn't a soldier at the front line fighting an ememy force, your foxhole
> analogy was off the mark. What the hell did you expect him to do?
>
> You're also correct that Joshua Pruitt could not be charged with assault
> nor battery upon Schumer that was prevented from happening as Schumer's
> security detail did its job, making sure that Schumer avoided a potentially
> deadly confrontation.
>
> You are still being a huge ass, expecting a 70 year old man to attempt
> to hold back an angry mob.

Especially since they were coming for him, among others.

Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

<teldmv$1gvdv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154829&group=rec.arts.tv#154829

From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:26:04 -0400
 by: Rhino - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 16:26 UTC

On 2022-08-30 10:53 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Schumer might not be the best person to have in a foxhole...
>
>> https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/29/politics/joshua-pruitt-rioter-proud-boys-sentenced/index.html
>
> Yes. Schumer's security detail changed direction and had Schumer run
> down a ramp to get beyond a door that could be closed. Since Schumer
> isn't a soldier at the front line fighting an ememy force, your foxhole
> analogy was off the mark. What the hell did you expect him to do?
>
> You're also correct that Joshua Pruitt could not be charged with assault
> nor battery upon Schumer that was prevented from happening as Schumer's
> security detail did its job, making sure that Schumer avoided a potentially
> deadly confrontation.
>
> You are still being a huge ass, expecting a 70 year old man to attempt
> to hold back an angry mob.

There was an active shooter in Parliament several years ago when Stephen
Harper was still Prime Minister. The shooter killed the soldier that was
standing guard on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and then ran into the
Centre Block of the Parliament Buildings - where the security people
were unarmed! - and then started looking for meeting rooms. The Prime
Minister was in one of those meeting rooms, with a bunch of his MPs - it
was probably a cabinet meeting but I don't clearly remember. There was
no way out of the room other than the main door and that was far too
risky so his security people put him in the only hiding place in the
room, a small closet at the back. I can't for the life of me remember if
even his security people were armed. The rest of the people in the
meeting were left to fend for themselves, i.e. they stayed in the room
and hoped no one was about to barge in and shoot them all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_shootings_at_Parliament_Hill,_Ottawa

I've seen people snark about Harper hiding in the closet regularly over
the years but they never seem to acknowledge that there was not much
else he could have done. The rest of the cabinet probably would have ALL
gotten into that closet if it were big enough!

As it turned out, the shooter never got into the meeting rooms. The
Sergeant-at-arms *did* have a pistol - and many years of experience in
the military and/or police - and he took out the shooter before he could
go down the hallway to the meeting rooms.

As you can imagine, security was significantly upgraded in the aftermath
of this event!

--
Rhino

Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

<975tghhsholm69m94rho7699bnieirm5ci@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154893&group=rec.arts.tv#154893

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 15:55:11 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Tue, 30 Aug 2022 22:55 UTC

On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:26:04 -0400, Rhino
<no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:

>I've seen people snark about Harper hiding in the closet regularly over
>the years but they never seem to acknowledge that there was not much
>else he could have done. The rest of the cabinet probably would have ALL
>gotten into that closet if it were big enough!
>
>As it turned out, the shooter never got into the meeting rooms. The
>Sergeant-at-arms *did* have a pistol - and many years of experience in
>the military and/or police - and he took out the shooter before he could
>go down the hallway to the meeting rooms.

As I recall the Sergeant-at-Arms was rewarded by making him ambassador
to Ireland. Presumably he considered that a reward!

No question there would have been bodies all over had there been a
gang of shooters instead of just a lone wolf.

Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

<tembav$gpr$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154897&group=rec.arts.tv#154897

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 19:51:42 -0500
 by: trotsky - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 00:51 UTC

On 8/30/2022 5:53 PM, RichA wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 August 2022 at 12:26:11 UTC-4, Rhino wrote:

>>> Yes. Schumer's security detail changed direction and had Schumer run
>>> down a ramp to get beyond a door that could be closed. Since Schumer
>>> isn't a soldier at the front line fighting an ememy force, your foxhole
>>> analogy was off the mark. What the hell did you expect him to do?
>>>
>>> You're also correct that Joshua Pruitt could not be charged with assault
>>> nor battery upon Schumer that was prevented from happening as Schumer's
>>> security detail did its job, making sure that Schumer avoided a potentially
>>> deadly confrontation.
>>>
>>> You are still being a huge ass, expecting a 70 year old man to attempt
>>> to hold back an angry mob.
>> There was an active shooter in Parliament several years ago when Stephen
>> Harper was still Prime Minister. The shooter killed the soldier that was
>> standing guard on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and then ran into the
>> Centre Block of the Parliament Buildings -
>
> The only people in the Jan 6th riot who died by unfriendly fire were protesters.

And they should've died by the hundreds, then gay Lindsey Graham
wouldn't be talking out his ass now about people rioting when Trump is
prosecuted. Do you comprehend what I'm saying?

Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

<300820222128287984%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154899&group=rec.arts.tv#154899

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 21:28:28 -0400
 by: A Friend - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 01:28 UTC

In article <975tghhsholm69m94rho7699bnieirm5ci@4ax.com>, The Horny Goat
<lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:26:04 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
> >I've seen people snark about Harper hiding in the closet regularly over
> >the years but they never seem to acknowledge that there was not much
> >else he could have done. The rest of the cabinet probably would have ALL
> >gotten into that closet if it were big enough!
> >
> >As it turned out, the shooter never got into the meeting rooms. The
> >Sergeant-at-arms *did* have a pistol - and many years of experience in
> >the military and/or police - and he took out the shooter before he could
> >go down the hallway to the meeting rooms.
>
> As I recall the Sergeant-at-Arms was rewarded by making him ambassador
> to Ireland. Presumably he considered that a reward!

Being named ambassador to Ireland is one of the top prizes in
traditional Democratic politics. Big, big reward.

Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

<1317437613.683594187.583796.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154907&group=rec.arts.tv#154907

Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 21:40:18 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 04:40 UTC

RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 30 August 2022 at 12:26:11 UTC-4, Rhino wrote:

>>> Yes. Schumer's security detail changed direction and had Schumer run
>>> down a ramp to get beyond a door that could be closed. Since Schumer
>>> isn't a soldier at the front line fighting an ememy force, your foxhole
>>> analogy was off the mark. What the hell did you expect him to do?
>>>
>>> You're also correct that Joshua Pruitt could not be charged with assault
>>> nor battery upon Schumer that was prevented from happening as Schumer's
>>> security detail did its job, making sure that Schumer avoided a potentially
>>> deadly confrontation.
>>>
>>> You are still being a huge ass, expecting a 70 year old man to attempt
>>> to hold back an angry mob.
>> There was an active shooter in Parliament several years ago when Stephen
>> Harper was still Prime Minister. The shooter killed the soldier that was
>> standing guard on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and then ran into the
>> Centre Block of the Parliament Buildings -
>
> The only people in the Jan 6th riot who died by unfriendly fire were protesters.

Well, that’s not true. AOC died. Just ask her!

Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

<ten5d4$k7g$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154914&group=rec.arts.tv#154914

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 03:16:35 -0500
 by: trotsky - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 08:16 UTC

On 8/30/2022 8:28 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <975tghhsholm69m94rho7699bnieirm5ci@4ax.com>, The Horny Goat
> <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:26:04 -0400, Rhino
>> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've seen people snark about Harper hiding in the closet regularly over
>>> the years but they never seem to acknowledge that there was not much
>>> else he could have done. The rest of the cabinet probably would have ALL
>>> gotten into that closet if it were big enough!
>>>
>>> As it turned out, the shooter never got into the meeting rooms. The
>>> Sergeant-at-arms *did* have a pistol - and many years of experience in
>>> the military and/or police - and he took out the shooter before he could
>>> go down the hallway to the meeting rooms.
>>
>> As I recall the Sergeant-at-Arms was rewarded by making him ambassador
>> to Ireland. Presumably he considered that a reward!
>

> Being named ambassador to Ireland is one of the top prizes in
> traditional Democratic politics. Big, big reward.

For the drinking alone.

Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

<ten5i4$k7g$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154915&group=rec.arts.tv#154915

From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 03:19:15 -0500
 by: trotsky - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 08:19 UTC

On 8/30/2022 11:40 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> There was an active shooter in Parliament several years ago when Stephen
>>> Harper was still Prime Minister. The shooter killed the soldier that was
>>> standing guard on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and then ran into the
>>> Centre Block of the Parliament Buildings -
>>
>> The only people in the Jan 6th riot who died by unfriendly fire were protesters.
>>

> Well, that’s not true. AOC died. Just ask her!

Typical right wing horseshit and misogyny from the resident closet
homosexual.

Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

<tenmta$1qm86$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=154937&group=rec.arts.tv#154937

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 13:15:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 13:15 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>. . .

>>The only people in the Jan 6th riot who died by unfriendly fire were protesters.

>Well, that’s not true. AOC died. Just ask her!

Friendly, shirley. Everybody wants to sleep with her!

Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

<cus1hhpbf4d9hp4el8ahulc98o1gm4qm42@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155082&group=rec.arts.tv#155082

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 11:03:33 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 18:03 UTC

On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 21:28:28 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>In article <975tghhsholm69m94rho7699bnieirm5ci@4ax.com>, The Horny Goat
><lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:26:04 -0400, Rhino
>> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I've seen people snark about Harper hiding in the closet regularly over
>> >the years but they never seem to acknowledge that there was not much
>> >else he could have done. The rest of the cabinet probably would have ALL
>> >gotten into that closet if it were big enough!
>> >
>> >As it turned out, the shooter never got into the meeting rooms. The
>> >Sergeant-at-arms *did* have a pistol - and many years of experience in
>> >the military and/or police - and he took out the shooter before he could
>> >go down the hallway to the meeting rooms.
>>
>> As I recall the Sergeant-at-Arms was rewarded by making him ambassador
>> to Ireland. Presumably he considered that a reward!
>

>Being named ambassador to Ireland is one of the top prizes in
>traditional Democratic politics. Big, big reward.

Really? Why in particular is it a 'prize'? I can't imagine a posting
to Dublin is anywhere near as influential as London, Paris or Berlin.

Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

<h0t1hhh1ug74fok36sesp3d61qm3eiaj1q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155083&group=rec.arts.tv#155083

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 11:04:24 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 18:04 UTC

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 13:15:22 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:

>>>The only people in the Jan 6th riot who died by unfriendly fire were protesters.
>
>>Well, that’s not true. AOC died. Just ask her!
>
>Friendly, shirley. Everybody wants to sleep with her!

Truly a legend in her own mind.

Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

<010920221629363601%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155097&group=rec.arts.tv#155097

From: nop...@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 16:29:36 -0400
 by: A Friend - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 20:29 UTC

In article <cus1hhpbf4d9hp4el8ahulc98o1gm4qm42@4ax.com>, The Horny Goat
<lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 21:28:28 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:
>
> >In article <975tghhsholm69m94rho7699bnieirm5ci@4ax.com>, The Horny Goat
> ><lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> >> As I recall the Sergeant-at-Arms was rewarded by making him ambassador
> >> to Ireland. Presumably he considered that a reward!
> >

> >Being named ambassador to Ireland is one of the top prizes in
> >traditional Democratic politics. Big, big reward.
>
> Really? Why in particular is it a 'prize'? I can't imagine a posting
> to Dublin is anywhere near as influential as London, Paris or Berlin.

Those who are appointed ambassador to Ireland don't care about
influence, as they are already influential in their own fields. They
are generally of retirement age and want to coast for a bit. The
appointees are (without exception, I think) big-donor Irish Catholic
men, and the appointment is a huge honor in their eyes.

Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

<ter739$29irh$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155107&group=rec.arts.tv#155107

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 21:10:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 21:10 UTC

A Friend <A Friend> wrote:
>In article <cus1hhpbf4d9hp4el8ahulc98o1gm4qm42@4ax.com>, The Horny Goat
><lcraver@home.ca> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 21:28:28 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>> >Being named ambassador to Ireland is one of the top prizes in
>> >traditional Democratic politics. Big, big reward.
>>
>> Really? Why in particular is it a 'prize'? I can't imagine a posting
>> to Dublin is anywhere near as influential as London, Paris or Berlin.
>

>Those who are appointed ambassador to Ireland don't care about
>influence, as they are already influential in their own fields. They
>are generally of retirement age and want to coast for a bit. The
>appointees are (without exception, I think) big-donor Irish Catholic
>men, and the appointment is a huge honor in their eyes.

Not to mention... you don't need to learn another language. We've also
never been at war with them and it's impossible to screw up these
foreign relations. It's a cushy job.

Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

<s5c3hhl5llgi2iqrreekiju8k9piccisg5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155137&group=rec.arts.tv#155137

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 00:34:14 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 07:34 UTC

On Thu, 01 Sep 2022 16:29:36 -0400, A Friend <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>> >Being named ambassador to Ireland is one of the top prizes in
>> >traditional Democratic politics. Big, big reward.
>>
>> Really? Why in particular is it a 'prize'? I can't imagine a posting
>> to Dublin is anywhere near as influential as London, Paris or Berlin.
>

>Those who are appointed ambassador to Ireland don't care about
>influence, as they are already influential in their own fields. They
>are generally of retirement age and want to coast for a bit. The
>appointees are (without exception, I think) big-donor Irish Catholic
>men, and the appointment is a huge honor in their eyes.

I have no idea what the religious affiliation of Kevin Mickael Vickers
might be though the name suggests Irish descent. Before becoming
Sergeant at Arms of the Canadian parliament he was a Royal Canadian
Police Officer from New Brunswick.

Certainly what the Wiki article says about his post Ireland activities
suggests he's doing things where fundraising skills would be an
advantage.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Vickers

Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster

<9gc3hh1glajbh9rrg7dlqr0456ftrblcma@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=155138&group=rec.arts.tv#155138

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 00:36:02 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 07:36 UTC

On Thu, 1 Sep 2022 21:10:01 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
<ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>A Friend <A Friend> wrote:
>>In article <cus1hhpbf4d9hp4el8ahulc98o1gm4qm42@4ax.com>, The Horny Goat
>><lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>>> Really? Why in particular is it a 'prize'? I can't imagine a posting
>>> to Dublin is anywhere near as influential as London, Paris or Berlin.
>>

>>Those who are appointed ambassador to Ireland don't care about
>>influence, as they are already influential in their own fields. They
>>are generally of retirement age and want to coast for a bit. The
>>appointees are (without exception, I think) big-donor Irish Catholic
>>men, and the appointment is a huge honor in their eyes.
>
>Not to mention... you don't need to learn another language. We've also
>never been at war with them and it's impossible to screw up these
>foreign relations. It's a cushy job.

Not to mention (like the United States) a large Irish population from
both North and South. Unlike the US, Canada was never a refuge for IRA
men.

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Proud Boy sentence lighter, 'cause Schumer could run faster