Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.military,alt.politics,alt.survival,alt.politics.republicans
From: 25BZ...@nada.net (25.BX943)
Subject: MINOR Question - HOW Do We Provide More Military Aid to Ukraine ???
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 11:11:38 -0500
 by: 25.BX943 - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 16:11 UTC

Russia has seized the sea ports. Russia has seized the
airports. Russian armor controls the roads. Russian
planes control the skies. So then, just HOW do we get
substantial military aid INTO Ukraine now ???

Just wondering.

Seems like the supply started very late (thanks Joe),
was kinda slack, (thanks Germany) and is now OVER.

"Substantial" ... that means hundreds of TONS of stuff
that actually gets to the Ukrainians - not a few pop
guns. We could supply resistance groups - but then
it'd be easier for them to steal Russian weapons that
are already there.

Re: MINOR Question - HOW Do We Provide More Military Aid to Ukraine ???

<svavbl$eq$1@reader1.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15519&group=alt.politics#15519

From: bks...@panix.com (Bradley K. Sherman)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.military,alt.politics,alt.survival,alt.politics.republicans
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 16:15:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Bradley K. Sherman - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 16:15 UTC

In article <zeednXif0Y1dYoX_nZ2dnUU7-QXNnZ2d@earthlink.com>,
25.BX943 <25BZ493@nada.net> wrote:
>Russia has seized the sea ports. Russia has seized the
>airports. Russian armor controls the roads. Russian
>planes control the skies. So then, just HOW do we get
>substantial military aid INTO Ukraine now ???
>
>Just wondering.

Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania all have long
borders with Ukraine. But this does explain why
Putin consolidated control over Belarus while Trump
undermined NATO.

--bks

Re: MINOR Question - HOW Do We Provide More Military Aid to Ukraine ???

<XZCdnfUrWNVPH4T_nZ2dnUU7-THNnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15551&group=alt.politics#15551

???
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.military,alt.politics,alt.survival,alt.politics.republicans
From: 25BZ...@nada.net (25.BX943)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 20:30:57 -0500
 by: 25.BX943 - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 01:30 UTC

On 2/25/22 11:15 AM, Bradley K. Sherman wrote:
> In article <zeednXif0Y1dYoX_nZ2dnUU7-QXNnZ2d@earthlink.com>,
> 25.BX943 <25BZ493@nada.net> wrote:
>> Russia has seized the sea ports. Russia has seized the
>> airports. Russian armor controls the roads. Russian
>> planes control the skies. So then, just HOW do we get
>> substantial military aid INTO Ukraine now ???
>>
>> Just wondering.
>
> Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania all have long
> borders with Ukraine. But this does explain why
> Putin consolidated control over Belarus while Trump
> undermined NATO.

Belarus remained a Russian satellite after the USSR
breakup. Its leaders had Russian muscle behind them
and, after much oppression and atrocity, could not
afford to lose their Russian backing. Putin did not
have to "consolidate" anything.

But as for those western borders, I've looked on maps
and there isn't exactly a massive roadway connection
to any of those other countries - a Soviet legacy they
just never got around to fixing. This limits easy
access routes - and the Russians can keep a close
satellite/radar eye on them.

Also, if you DO get several trailers full of tank-busters
or whatever in - how far can you GET with it before the
Russians see what's up ? Nobody is gonna hide any
anti-aircraft or anti-tank missiles down their pants
after all.

The current style of war requires bulk stuff - strong
weapons and their ammo, parts and fuel for vehicles,
food and meds. It's the "bulk" issue that I am talking
about. Lots of stuff for long periods.

Just don't see how that's possible now.

In THEORY the major supplies should have been coming in
for the past YEAR. But neither the Ukrainians or EUs
believed there was a real threat - OR didn't want to
upset the Russian fuel supply by "getting involved".
As was, there was only a three or four week period where
SOME stuff arrived (after working its way around the
Germans). Not enough for any sustained resistance. They
will hurt some Russians for a few weeks - and then the
stuff runs out.