From: ChadLu...@zoho.com (Scott Oaf - (I'm really Chudnozzle))
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Arby's brings back fish sandwiches for Lent and Easter!
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 22:19:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Scott Oaf - (I' - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 22:19 UTC

https://www.allrecipes.com/arbys-kings-hawaiian-fish-deluxe-sandwich-
back-2024-8553776

Arby�s Just Brought Back This Fan-Favorite Seasonal Sandwich

Plus, a dessert!

By Bailey Fink
Bailey Fink headshot
Bailey Fink
Bailey Fink is a devout home cook and assistant editor at Allrecipes. She
has written over 200 stories covering everything from cooking methods and
storage techniques to grocery shopping on a budget, how-to guides,
product reviews, and important food-related news.
ALLRECIPES' EDITORIAL GUIDELINES
Published on January 31, 2024
*********************

We don�t know what it is about seasonal fast food menus that get us so
amped to head to the drive-thru, but whatever it is, keep it coming!
There's just nothing quite like eating or drinking something that
coincides with the weather or all-around spirit of the season we�re in.

So, as we�re about to enter the Lenten build-up to Easter, �tis the
season for seafood! And, more specifically, fast food fish sandwiches.

During Lent, the 40-day period prior to Easter that starts on February
14, Catholics abstain from eating meat on Fridays. Because so many fast
food restaurants specialize in beef and chicken, Catholics would be less
inclined to hit a drive-thru when their options are so limited. That�s
where the fish sandwich comes in.

McDonald�s started the trend with the Filet-O-Fish, but now countless
fast food chains have followed suit to introduce limited-time fish
sandwiches that pop up on the menu during lent, including Arby�s.

Earlier this month, Arby�s brought back its Fish �N Cheddar Sandwich�its
classic sandwich with crispy fish, Cheddar sauce, tartar sauce, and
lettuce. However, Arby�s didn�t stop there. While most fast food joints
only have one fish sandwich option, Arby�s has two�and the second one is
officially back.

Arby�s King�s Hawaiian Fish Deluxe Sandwich has returned to participating
restaurants nationwide. This deluxe sandwich has a crispy fish fillet,
Cheddar, tartar sauce, tomato, and lettuce on a sweet King�s Hawaiian
bun.

Both the Fish �N Cheddar Sandwich and King�s Hawaiian Fish Deluxe
Sandwich will stick around for a limited time�likely through Easter,
which falls on March 31 this year.

However, we can�t forget there�s another holiday before Easter that
deserves some food recognition, too. No, we�re not talking about
Valentine�s Day�but if you want to celebrate the day of love with an
order of curly fries and a roast beef sandwich, we support it�but rather
St. Patrick�s Day.

Just like a few other fast food restaurants, Arby�s has a beloved mint
green shake that can put you in lucky spirits�and it�s back. Arby's Mint
Chocolate Shake, which features Andes mint candies, a chocolate drizzle,
and whipped cream, has returned for a limited time.

There�s no real telling how long this sweet treat will be on the menu, so
we�d say if you love the minty shake, you�d better head to Arby�s soon.
And after all this talk of Arby�s tasty menu items, for us, �soon� means
tonight.

Re: Arby's brings back fish sandwiches for Lent and Easter!

<m9bori19n2m6o4m9gr3ctu39sr7fha57o5@Rudy.Canoza.is.a.forging.cocksucking.dwarf.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15557&group=alt.food.fast-food#15557

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 15:50:39 -0800
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Thu, 1 Feb 2024 23:50 UTC

On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 22:19:38 -0000 (UTC), "Scott Oaf - (I'm really
Chudnozzle)" <ChadLuzer@zoho.com> wrote:

>https://www.allrecipes.com/arbys-kings-hawaiian-fish-deluxe-sandwich-
>back-2024-8553776
>
>Arby’s Just Brought Back This Fan-Favorite Seasonal Sandwich
>
>Plus, a dessert!
>
>By Bailey Fink
>Bailey Fink headshot
>Bailey Fink
>Bailey Fink is a devout home cook and assistant editor at Allrecipes. She
>has written over 200 stories covering everything from cooking methods and
>storage techniques to grocery shopping on a budget, how-to guides,
>product reviews, and important food-related news.
>ALLRECIPES' EDITORIAL GUIDELINES
> Published on January 31, 2024
>*********************
>
>We don’t know what it is about seasonal fast food menus that get us so
>amped to head to the drive-thru, but whatever it is, keep it coming!
>There's just nothing quite like eating or drinking something that
>coincides with the weather or all-around spirit of the season we’re in.
>
>So, as we’re about to enter the Lenten build-up to Easter, ‘tis the
>season for seafood! And, more specifically, fast food fish sandwiches.
>
>During Lent, the 40-day period prior to Easter that starts on February
>14, Catholics abstain from eating meat on Fridays. Because so many fast
>food restaurants specialize in beef and chicken, Catholics would be less
>inclined to hit a drive-thru when their options are so limited. That’s
>where the fish sandwich comes in.

At least we educated Jenny that the Catholic Church never said
Catholics are *required* to eat fish.

:: Catholics aren't required to have fish on Fridays. They are to abstain
:: from meat.
:OH YES THEY ARE, KLOUS. I grew up in a catholic house and that all we had on Friday on Lent!!

and then lie about saying it later

>McDonald’s started the trend with the Filet-O-Fish, but now countless
>fast food chains have followed suit to introduce limited-time fish
>sandwiches that pop up on the menu during lent, including Arby’s.
>
>Earlier this month, Arby’s brought back its Fish ‘N Cheddar Sandwich—its
>classic sandwich with crispy fish, Cheddar sauce, tartar sauce, and
>lettuce. However, Arby’s didn’t stop there. While most fast food joints
>only have one fish sandwich option, Arby’s has two—and the second one is
>officially back.
>
>Arby’s King’s Hawaiian Fish Deluxe Sandwich has returned to participating
>restaurants nationwide. This deluxe sandwich has a crispy fish fillet,
>Cheddar, tartar sauce, tomato, and lettuce on a sweet King’s Hawaiian
>bun.
>
>Both the Fish ‘N Cheddar Sandwich and King’s Hawaiian Fish Deluxe
>Sandwich will stick around for a limited time—likely through Easter,
>which falls on March 31 this year.

Re: Arby's brings back fish sandwiches for Lent and Easter!

<5kcpri9fglsohd4m69eadp2i2q6gfal8fo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15572&group=alt.food.fast-food#15572

From: kw1...@kw.kw (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2024 01:15:50 -0800
 by: K Wills - Fri, 2 Feb 2024 09:15 UTC

On Thu, 01 Feb 2024 15:50:39 -0800, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 1 Feb 2024 22:19:38 -0000 (UTC), "Scott Oaf - (I'm really
>Chudnozzle)" <ChadLuzer@zoho.com> wrote:

[...]

>>So, as we’re about to enter the Lenten build-up to Easter, ‘tis the
>>season for seafood! And, more specifically, fast food fish sandwiches.
>>
>>During Lent, the 40-day period prior to Easter that starts on February
>>14, Catholics abstain from eating meat on Fridays. Because so many fast
>>food restaurants specialize in beef and chicken, Catholics would be less
>>inclined to hit a drive-thru when their options are so limited. That’s
>>where the fish sandwich comes in.
>
>At least we educated Jenny that the Catholic Church never said
>Catholics are *required* to eat fish.

They aren't *required* to abstain from eating meat at any time.
Many will give it up during Lent, but that is something each one
chooses.
Children may have this forced upon them by the parents. But
that's a whole different matter.

--
K Strategic Writer,
Psychotronic World Dominator.