Wanna buy a duck?

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinks

SubjectAuthor
* McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinksK Wills
+* Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinksKlausSchadenfreude
|`- Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinksK Wills
+* Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinksJerry Sauk
|+- Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinksKlausSchadenfreude
|`* Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinksK Wills
| `* Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinksKlausSchadenfreude
|  `- Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinksK Wills
`* Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinksJerry Sauk
 `* Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinksK Wills
  `* Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinksJerry Sauk
   `* Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinksK Wills
    `* Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinksJerry Sauk
     `- Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinksK Wills

1
McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinks

<49flgi5t9lqt82faniug0gcr10q7k5dkc3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13761&group=alt.food.fast-food#13761

From: fun...@home.new (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinks
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 02:36:54 -0700
 by: K Wills - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 09:36 UTC

Kind of a bummer. But with the increase of delivery orders, I
suppose there isn't much of an incentive to keep the self serve
option.
I imagine, but cannot know, people sneaking freebies is an issue
as well. Using water glasses and/or grabbing a glass out of the trash
(I'm sure some people do this), probably is a factor as well.

https://apnews.com/article/mcdonalds-self-serve-soda-eliminated-2032-d7aa46b38c30fad5e42fe33fbb1f6bd1

--
When cryptography is outlawed,
bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl.

Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinks

<v6llgih9vcb81r0onon09rnn7pi5blt46g@Rudy.Canoza.is.a.forging.cocksucking.dwarf.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13763&group=alt.food.fast-food#13763

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinks
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 04:18:09 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 11:18 UTC

On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 02:36:54 -0700, K Wills <fun@home.new> wrote:

> Kind of a bummer. But with the increase of delivery orders, I
>suppose there isn't much of an incentive to keep the self serve
>option.
> I imagine, but cannot know, people sneaking freebies is an issue
>as well. Using water glasses and/or grabbing a glass out of the trash
>(I'm sure some people do this), probably is a factor as well.
>
>https://apnews.com/article/mcdonalds-self-serve-soda-eliminated-2032-d7aa46b38c30fad5e42fe33fbb1f6bd1

That always seemed like a money loser to me, when they have all the
automated stuff.

Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinks

<ia0ogi1nb6rskkhat8mq7of88nd3hgturi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13766&group=alt.food.fast-food#13766

From: fun...@home.new (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 01:39:57 -0700
 by: K Wills - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 08:39 UTC

On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 04:18:09 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 02:36:54 -0700, K Wills <fun@home.new> wrote:
>
>> Kind of a bummer. But with the increase of delivery orders, I
>>suppose there isn't much of an incentive to keep the self serve
>>option.
>> I imagine, but cannot know, people sneaking freebies is an issue
>>as well. Using water glasses and/or grabbing a glass out of the trash
>>(I'm sure some people do this), probably is a factor as well.
>>
>>https://apnews.com/article/mcdonalds-self-serve-soda-eliminated-2032-d7aa46b38c30fad5e42fe33fbb1f6bd1
>
>That always seemed like a money loser to me, when they have all the
>automated stuff.

Fountain drinks are pretty cheap. I've heard the most expensive
part is the ice. Ice is costly due to the electricity necessary to
freeze the ice, and keep it frozen. It makes sense, but I've never
bothered with confirming it.

--
Don't worry about the world ending today... It's already tomorrow in
Australia. Unless you're in Australia... (then start worrying)

Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinks

<ncecnQO968sQQZD4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13769&group=alt.food.fast-food#13769

From: jerrys...@hotmail.com (Jerry Sauk)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:18:46 -0500
 by: Jerry Sauk - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 18:18 UTC

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:40:46 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 20:40 UTC

On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:18:46 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
<jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Maybe they see you coming and hide. There were two people manning the
counter when I went there yesterday to get a 1/4 pounder and fries.

Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinks

<qajtgihgssc239jrs1cu791oblsnc3qh6n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13776&group=alt.food.fast-food#13776

From: fun...@home.new (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 04:35:11 -0700
 by: K Wills - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 11:35 UTC

On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:18:46 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
<jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

Maybe they saw you approaching and ran off to hide.

>Filling your drink at this time kinda gave
>you something to do when you are waiting.

Most people use the kiosks now. Supposedly, this is a wee bit
faster.

>Botttom line is, mcdonald's needs to make a LOT of change's, #1 priotiry
>needs to be speed of service. I suppose I don't care now WHO pours the
>soda.

Based what I've read, which I acknowledge isn't really
scientific, the speed is actually better with the kiosks.
Accuracy seems to remain an issue.

--
A small number of the documented lies of Jerry "Jenny" Sauk.
http://jerrylies.byethost22.com/

Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinks

<bdqtgiphs5ilvr5fnkaihjpgndah5e7uev@Rudy.Canoza.is.a.forging.cocksucking.dwarf.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13778&group=alt.food.fast-food#13778

From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 06:36:23 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 13:36 UTC

On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 04:35:11 -0700, K Wills <fun@home.new> wrote:

>On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:18:46 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
><jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

Faster orders: People go to fast-casual and quick-service restaurants
because they are in a hurry, and kiosks reduce wait times and improve
the overall speed of ordering. Because more staff is on hand in the
kitchen, the customer may also get their order in hand more quickly.
https://www.infi.us/post/fast-food-kiosk#:~:text=Faster%20orders%3A%20People%20go%20to,order%20in%20hand%20more%20quickly.
Apr 13, 2022

Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinks

<4k80hidnkg61ivf7lvefegdo20cg2fp1vd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=13780&group=alt.food.fast-food#13780

From: fun...@home.new (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 04:51:53 -0700
 by: K Wills - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 11:51 UTC

On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 06:36:23 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 04:35:11 -0700, K Wills <fun@home.new> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:18:46 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
>><jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

I hadn't read that one. But it is consistent with what I have
read.

--
"I most stonger than Darth Vapor!"
-- Zladko "Zlad" Vladcik

Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinks

<piCdneOun9OV6V34nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15575&group=alt.food.fast-food#15575

From: jerrys...@hotmail.com (Jerry Sauk)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 23:32:57 -0600
 by: Jerry Sauk - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 05:32 UTC

"K Wills" <fun@home.new> wrote in message
> Kind of a bummer. But with the increase of delivery orders, I
> suppose there isn't much of an incentive to keep the self serve
> option.
> I imagine, but cannot know, people sneaking freebies is an issue
> as well. Using water glasses and/or grabbing a glass out of the trash
> (I'm sure some people do this), probably is a factor as well.
>
> https://apnews.com/article/mcdonalds-self-serve-soda-eliminated-2032-d7aa46b38c30fad5e42fe33fbb1f6bd1

Still hasn't happened yet, at least in my city.

Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinks

<l6b1si9r5t21rhtp6ecvlavksbhe363rb7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15582&group=alt.food.fast-food#15582

From: kw1...@kw.kw (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2024 01:39:35 -0800
 by: K Wills - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 09:39 UTC

On Sun, 4 Feb 2024 23:32:57 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
<jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 02:36:54 -0700

Why do you wait over four months to offer more PROOF that you really
do NEED to lie?

>> I imagine, but cannot know, people sneaking freebies is an issue
>> as well. Using water glasses and/or grabbing a glass out of the trash
>> (I'm sure some people do this), probably is a factor as well.
>>
>> https://apnews.com/article/mcdonalds-self-serve-soda-eliminated-2032-d7aa46b38c30fad5e42fe33fbb1f6bd1
>

>Still hasn't happened yet, at least in my city.

I can't KNOW that people in your city are stealing drinks. But
it's very plausible. But since you insist it isn't happening in your
city, cite your evidence.

[Cue avoidance from Jenny.]

--
A small number of the documented lies of Jerry "Jenny" Sauk.
http://jerrylies.byethost22.com/?i=2

Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinks

<_cWcna9TM-Irs1j4nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15613&group=alt.food.fast-food#15613

From: jerrys...@hotmail.com (Jerry Sauk)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 13:21:35 -0600
 by: Jerry Sauk - Thu, 8 Feb 2024 19:21 UTC

"K Wills" <kw19@kw.kw> wrote in message
> On Sun, 4 Feb 2024 23:32:57 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
> <jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 02:36:54 -0700
>

> Why do you wait over four months to offer more PROOF that you really
> do NEED to lie?

Yawn.

>>Still hasn't happened yet, at least in my city.
>
> I can't KNOW that people in your city are stealing drinks. But
> it's very plausible. But since you insist it isn't happening in your
> city, cite your evidence.
>
> [Cue avoidance from Jenny.]

I never said people are stealing drinks in my city! If you had ACTUALLY
READ my message instead of snipping it, what I said was, Mcdonald's
hasn't elimianted the self serve fountain's yet.

Why are you so desparate to accuse me of lying that you have to make up shit
I never said in teh first place.

Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinks

<ggqbsipncunpflp8vjnma7tqfdil1mmm1o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15626&group=alt.food.fast-food#15626

From: kw1...@kw.kw (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2024 01:02:34 -0800
 by: K Wills - Fri, 9 Feb 2024 09:02 UTC

On Thu, 8 Feb 2024 13:21:35 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
<jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"K Wills" <kw19@kw.kw> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 4 Feb 2024 23:32:57 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
>> <jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 02:36:54 -0700
>>

>> Why do you wait over four months to offer more PROOF that you really
>> do NEED to lie?
>
>Yawn.

You didn't answer the question I asked of you.

>>>Still hasn't happened yet, at least in my city.
>>
>> I can't KNOW that people in your city are stealing drinks. But
>> it's very plausible. But since you insist it isn't happening in your
>> city, cite your evidence.
>>
>> [Cue avoidance from Jenny.]
>
>I never said people are stealing drinks in my city! If you had ACTUALLY
>READ my message instead of snipping it, what I said was, Mcdonald's
>hasn't elimianted the self serve fountain's yet.

Get professional mental health care for your NEED to lie. I'm
being serious.

>Why are you so desparate to accuse me of lying that you have to make up shit
>I never said in teh first place.

As seen above, you did, in fact, claim people are not stealing
drinks in your city. Continue to PROVE you really do NEED to lie if
you wish.

[Cue avoidance from Jenny.]

--
A small number of the documented lies of Jerry "Jenny" Sauk.
http://jerrylies.byethost22.com/?i=2

Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinks

<AzGdnbfwpZPJuVb4nZ2dnZfqn_YAAAAA@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15657&group=alt.food.fast-food#15657

From: jerrys...@hotmail.com (Jerry Sauk)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 01:59:00 -0600
 by: Jerry Sauk - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 07:59 UTC

> On Thu, 8 Feb 2024 13:21:35 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
> <jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>"K Wills" <kw19@kw.kw> wrote in message

>>> Why do you wait over four months to offer more PROOF that you really
>>> do NEED to lie?
>>
>>Yawn.
>>

> You didn't answer the question I asked of you.

Fine, I'll directl addres your question right now. I DIDN'T WAIT FOUR
MONTHS TO LIE BECOUSE I DIDN'T LIE YOU MORON.

Re: McD's to eleminate self serve fountain drinks

<dufmsilak74l4hk097glvadll25bq01f0v@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15674&group=alt.food.fast-food#15674

From: kw1...@kw.kw (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 02:10:10 -0800
 by: K Wills - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 10:10 UTC

On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 01:59:00 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
<jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"K Wills" <kw19@kw.kw> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 8 Feb 2024 13:21:35 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
>> <jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"K Wills" <kw19@kw.kw> wrote in message

>>>Yawn.
>>
>> You didn't answer the question I asked of you.
>

>Fine, I'll directl addres

What is "directl addres?"

>your question right now. I DIDN'T WAIT FOUR
>MONTHS TO LIE BECOUSE I DIDN'T LIE YOU MORON.

You didn't answer the question I asked of you. As I PROVED, you
claimed people are not stealing drinks in your city. While it is
possible you accidentally offered some honesty, it's far more
plausible that you lied.
But present your best evidence that no one is stealing drinks at
McDonald's in your city. If you're lying, and you are, you will either
run away or present more lying.
And you still didn't answer the question I asked of you.

[Cue avoidance from Jenny.]