The best prophet of the future is the past.

interests / alt.food.wine / Re: TN_ 2019 Prums, yum

SubjectAuthor
* TN_ 2019 Prums, yumdalewilli...@gmail.com
`* Re: TN_ 2019 Prums, yumMark Lipton
 `- Re: TN_ 2019 Prums, yumdalewilli...@gmail.com

1
TN_ 2019 Prums, yum

<711d47d8-4fc0-4510-a314-e2584e0b3b40n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=152&group=alt.food.wine#152

Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 07:12:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TN_ 2019 Prums, yum
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Mon, 16 Aug 2021 14:12 UTC

Mark put together a full lineup of 2019 JJ Prum Graaher Himmelreich and Wehlener Sonnenuhr., and did it as a fundraiser for the group I run. A nice group of 9 at Pubstreet in Pleasantville, with oysters, calamari, banh mi, and fish and chips (at least for me). The wines showed beautifully,

2019 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett
Snappy, racy, delineated, Great Kab. A-

2019 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Kabinett.
A bit quieter, still good acids, riper more tropical fruit. B+

2019 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Spatlese
Lovely balance, electric acids supporting exotic fruits, very long. A-/A

2019 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese
Richer,not quite as racy, but delicious and destined for very long life. A-

We debated whether to have the 1990 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese then or later, earlier won, but didn’t matter as it was corked. :(

2019 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Auslese
This had the weirdest nose of the bunch, a lactic/cheesey note, palate actually fine in a ripe key, but the nose detracted enough to make it my least favorite of afternoon. B

2019 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese
Pear, citrus blossom, great length and complexity. A-

2019 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Auslese Goldkapsel
Pear, apricot and peach, smoke, tangy and delicious, A-

2019 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese Goldkapsel
White fruits, peach blossoms, beeswax. Rich, concentrated, lively and very long. A/A-

2001 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese
In a great place, honey and petrol, ripe white fruits, a touch of almond. A-

Really fun afternoon, and was a nice fundraiser.

That evening I grilled a duck breast and some pattypan squash, made panzanella, and opened the 2010 Bachelet Bourgogne Rouge. Tart red fruits, cocoa, lots of spine, good length, B+

Saturday black sea bass with a lot of leftovers,

2004 Pascal Cotat “Les Monts Damnes” Sancerre
Rich, clean, focused. Grapefruit, pear, and chalk. Long. A-

2002 Willi Schaefer Wehlener Sonnenuhr Kabinett
No real signs of age, but not a very exciting bottle. Tropical fruit, softer acids than I expected, pleasant but not reason to take up cellar space. I always feel with Willi S I should just stick to the Graacher wines (especially Domprobst). B

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Re: TN_ 2019 Prums, yum

<sfgjog$169r$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=155&group=alt.food.wine#155

From: not...@ude.eudrup (Mark Lipton)
Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Subject: Re: TN_ 2019 Prums, yum
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 11:14:23 -0400
 by: Mark Lipton - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 15:14 UTC

On 8/16/21 10:12 AM, dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:
> Mark put together a full lineup of 2019 JJ Prum Graaher Himmelreich and Wehlener Sonnenuhr., and did it as a fundraiser for the group I run. A nice group of 9 at Pubstreet in Pleasantville, with oysters, calamari, banh mi, and fish and chips (at least for me). The wines showed beautifully,
>
> 2019 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett
> Snappy, racy, delineated, Great Kab. A-
>
> 2019 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Kabinett.
> A bit quieter, still good acids, riper more tropical fruit. B+
>
> 2019 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Spatlese
> Lovely balance, electric acids supporting exotic fruits, very long. A-/A
>
> 2019 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese
> Richer,not quite as racy, but delicious and destined for very long life. A-
>
> We debated whether to have the 1990 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese then or later, earlier won, but didn’t matter as it was corked. :(
>
> 2019 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Auslese
> This had the weirdest nose of the bunch, a lactic/cheesey note, palate actually fine in a ripe key, but the nose detracted enough to make it my least favorite of afternoon. B
>
> 2019 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese
> Pear, citrus blossom, great length and complexity. A-
>
> 2019 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Auslese Goldkapsel
> Pear, apricot and peach, smoke, tangy and delicious, A-
>
> 2019 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese Goldkapsel
> White fruits, peach blossoms, beeswax. Rich, concentrated, lively and very long. A/A-
>
> 2001 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese
> In a great place, honey and petrol, ripe white fruits, a touch of almond. A-

Great fundraiser, Dale. The problem I have with younger Prüm is the
sulfur. Were you getting much sulfur in the nose? Or have they toned
it back in recent years?

Mark Lipton

Re: TN_ 2019 Prums, yum

<22739429-68a1-409c-bbb3-8ea1051193d4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=157&group=alt.food.wine#157

Newsgroups: alt.food.wine
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2021 11:42:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: dalewill...@gmail.com (dalewilli...@gmail.com)
 by: dalewilli...@gmail.c - Tue, 17 Aug 2021 18:42 UTC

On Tuesday, August 17, 2021 at 11:14:28 AM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On 8/16/21 10:12 AM, dalewilli...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Mark put together a full lineup of 2019 JJ Prum Graaher Himmelreich and Wehlener Sonnenuhr., and did it as a fundraiser for the group I run. A nice group of 9 at Pubstreet in Pleasantville, with oysters, calamari, banh mi, and fish and chips (at least for me). The wines showed beautifully,
> >
> > 2019 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett
> > Snappy, racy, delineated, Great Kab. A-
> >
> > 2019 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Kabinett.
> > A bit quieter, still good acids, riper more tropical fruit. B+
> >
> > 2019 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Spatlese
> > Lovely balance, electric acids supporting exotic fruits, very long. A-/A
> >
> > 2019 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese
> > Richer,not quite as racy, but delicious and destined for very long life.. A-
> >
> > We debated whether to have the 1990 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese then or later, earlier won, but didn’t matter as it was corked. :(
> >
> > 2019 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Auslese
> > This had the weirdest nose of the bunch, a lactic/cheesey note, palate actually fine in a ripe key, but the nose detracted enough to make it my least favorite of afternoon. B
> >
> > 2019 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese
> > Pear, citrus blossom, great length and complexity. A-
> >
> > 2019 JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Auslese Goldkapsel
> > Pear, apricot and peach, smoke, tangy and delicious, A-
> >
> > 2019 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese Goldkapsel
> > White fruits, peach blossoms, beeswax. Rich, concentrated, lively and very long. A/A-
> >
> > 2001 JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Auslese
> > In a great place, honey and petrol, ripe white fruits, a touch of almond. A-
> >

> Great fundraiser, Dale. The problem I have with younger Prüm is the
> sulfur. Were you getting much sulfur in the nose? Or have they toned
> it back in recent years?
>
> Mark Lipton

A little sponti/matchstick, but nothing extrme.