From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Ferry Rage
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 10:59:58 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 15:59 UTC

On 7/24/2022 10:17 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> [...]
>
> There was little Sterling could do but stew, take a picture of the
> license plate and contemplate social media shaming.
>
> "It's at a peak," he said, "as bad as we've seen it."
>
> Ferry line cutting is a legitimate grievance to drivers who sit for
> hours in mileslong, single-file, roadside lanes for their spot, only to
> have someone barge in shamelessly in front of them, said Sterling.
>
> And it's an added insult when they finally get up to the tollbooth to
> report the offender and are told there's little that ferry employees can
> do.
>
> Workers don't have the authority or training to confront reported lane
> cutters, and Sterling says WSF doesn't want them to do it.
>
> "You never know what someone's going to do. It's the Wild West out
> there," Sterling said.
>
> Cutting in a ferry line is illegal and can result in a $139 fine if
> witnessed by local police or state troopers.
>
> Trooper Kevin Fortino, the public information officer for Washington
> State Patrol's Homeland Security Division, says he often works at Colman
> Dock. If he sees someone cut the line there, he may, depending on the
> circumstances, write a ticket, let a handful of cars load in front of
> the offender or even send the cutter to the back of the line.
>
> But line cutting is not a public safety priority and does not merit the
> resources that must first go to keeping boats and passengers safe,
> Fortino said.
>
> Last year, the State Patrol and the ferry system launched a campaign to
> educate people about the illegality of line cutting and the potential
> for fines. But there aren't enough officers to police ferry lines or
> launch lane-cutting stings, Fortino said.
>
> Fortino noted there are legitimate reasons for people to cut in line.
>
> Some people have medical exemptions, he said, because they're going
> through grueling procedures in a Seattle medical center. Others are
> ferry employees trying to get to work. Keeping the boats running is one
> of the better ways to deal with line issues, he said.
>
> Additionally, some drivers have been led by GPS to tollbooths rather
> than the end of the ferry line, while others have been confused by
> signage, he said.
>
> Sterling said that while line cutting is not new, especially in summer's
> tourist season, the anger seems more intense.
>
> Law enforcement officers have told him that drivers, in general, seem
> angrier and more aggressive than before the pandemic."
> [snip]
>
>     BINGO! We have a winner! This is what has been happening all over
> the country--everywhere. The whole nation has PTSD.
>
>     I experienced the problem with the signs the last time we were in
> Seattle. The GPS was useless. Because of the construction at the
> terminal it was a complex maze to get to the toll booth and another maze
> to get to the boat. It looked like they were making frequent changes to
> the mazes so that no one got used to any one pattern.

I can see how it could ruffle some feathers. I've been across the sound
from several different locations but I have never seen this once. Not
denying it happens, though. I've waited in line for a long time on many
occasions. It is against the law and there are signs indicating such.
Not that it matters. They don't enforce many laws up there in one of the
hot beds of liberalism. If you can't get arrested for destroying
property I doubt you could get a ticket for line cutting.

--
----------
Progress... it's holding us back.

Re: Ferry Rage

<AReDK.551818$ntj.389698@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15706&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15706

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2022 12:57:04 -0400
 by: bfh - Sun, 24 Jul 2022 16:57 UTC

George.Anthony wrote:
> On 7/24/2022 10:17 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
>>
>> "Ferry fury in Washington hits boiling point
>> 2022/7/24 06:12 (EDT)
>>
>> SEATTLE — Ferry line cutting is getting out of control, and
>> drivers are raging.
>>
>> "It makes people's blood boil," said Ian Sterling, a spokesperson
>> for Washington State Ferries.
>>
>> While waiting in line for an Edmonds-Kingston boat the other day,
>> Sterling was cut off by someone who, he said, knew what they were
>> doing.
>>
>> There was little Sterling could do but stew, take a picture of the
>> license plate and contemplate social media shaming.
>>
>> "It's at a peak," he said, "as bad as we've seen it."
>>
>> Ferry line cutting is a legitimate grievance to drivers who sit for
>> hours in mileslong, single-file, roadside lanes for their spot, only
>> to have someone barge in shamelessly in front of them, said Sterling.
>>
>> And it's an added insult when they finally get up to the tollbooth
>> to report the offender and are told there's little that ferry
>> employees can do.
>>
>> Workers don't have the authority or training to confront reported
>> lane cutters, and Sterling says WSF doesn't want them to do it.
>>
>> "You never know what someone's going to do. It's the Wild West out
>> there," Sterling said.
>>
>> Cutting in a ferry line is illegal and can result in a $139 fine if
>> witnessed by local police or state troopers.
>>
>> Trooper Kevin Fortino, the public information officer for Washington
>> State Patrol's Homeland Security Division, says he often works at
>> Colman Dock. If he sees someone cut the line there, he may,
>> depending on the circumstances, write a ticket, let a handful of
>> cars load in front of the offender or even send the cutter to the
>> back of the line.
>>
>> But line cutting is not a public safety priority and does not merit
>> the resources that must first go to keeping boats and passengers
>> safe, Fortino said.
>>
>> Last year, the State Patrol and the ferry system launched a campaign
>> to educate people about the illegality of line cutting and the
>> potential for fines. But there aren't enough officers to police
>> ferry lines or launch lane-cutting stings, Fortino said.

They could increase the fine to a more efficacious $140, and hire red
state Walmart retired receipt checkers to enforce it and literally
collect the fines on the spot. I'll bet they never had that in their
calculus.

And while they're at it, they should ban weapons of war and large
magazines in ferry lines before ferrylinecutting rage turns into
gunfights at the OK Ferrylines, and turns the PNW into the WWW (wild
wild West).

Along with an abundance of caution, everything should be on the table,
and no loophole should be left unplugged.

>> Fortino noted there are legitimate reasons for people to cut in line.
>>
>> Some people have medical exemptions, he said, because they're going
>> through grueling procedures in a Seattle medical center. Others are
>> ferry employees trying to get to work. Keeping the boats running is
>> one of the better ways to deal with line issues, he said.
>>
>> Additionally, some drivers have been led by GPS to tollbooths rather
>> than the end of the ferry line, while others have been confused by
>> signage, he said.
>>
>> Sterling said that while line cutting is not new, especially in
>> summer's tourist season, the anger seems more intense.
>>
>> Law enforcement officers have told him that drivers, in general,
>> seem angrier and more aggressive than before the pandemic."
>> [snip]
>>
>>  Â Â Â  BINGO! We have a winner! This is what has been happening all
>> over the country--everywhere. The whole nation has PTSD.
>>
>>  Â Â Â  I experienced the problem with the signs the last time we
>> were in Seattle. The GPS was useless. Because of the construction at
>> the terminal it was a complex maze to get to the toll booth and
>> another maze to get to the boat. It looked like they were making
>> frequent changes to the mazes so that no one got used to any one
>> pattern.
>>
>> TB
>
> I can see how it could ruffle some feathers. I've  been across the
> sound from several different locations but I have never seen this
> once. Not denying it happens, though. I've waited in line for a long
> time on many occasions. It is against the law and there are signs
> indicating such. Not that it matters. They don't enforce many laws up
> there in one of the hot beds of liberalism. If you can't get arrested
> for destroying property I doubt you could get a ticket for line cutting.

--
bill

Re: Ferry Rage

<Edqdnalgvt0c2EL_nZ2dnUU7-TWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15726&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15726

Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 18:38:12 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 01:38 UTC

On 7/24/2022 9:57 AM, bfh wrote:
> George.Anthony wrote:
>> On 7/24/2022 10:17 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
>>>
>>> "Ferry fury in Washington hits boiling point
>>> 2022/7/24 06:12 (EDT)
>>>
>>> SEATTLE — Ferry line cutting is getting out of control, and drivers
>>> are raging.
>>>
>>> "It makes people's blood boil," said Ian Sterling, a spokesperson for
>>> Washington State Ferries.
>>>
>>> While waiting in line for an Edmonds-Kingston boat the other day,
>>> Sterling was cut off by someone who, he said, knew what they were doing.
>>>
>>> There was little Sterling could do but stew, take a picture of the
>>> license plate and contemplate social media shaming.
>>>
>>> "It's at a peak," he said, "as bad as we've seen it."
>>>
>>> Ferry line cutting is a legitimate grievance to drivers who sit for
>>> hours in mileslong, single-file, roadside lanes for their spot, only
>>> to have someone barge in shamelessly in front of them, said Sterling.
>>>
>>> And it's an added insult when they finally get up to the tollbooth to
>>> report the offender and are told there's little that ferry employees
>>> can do.
>>>
>>> Workers don't have the authority or training to confront reported
>>> lane cutters, and Sterling says WSF doesn't want them to do it.
>>>
>>> "You never know what someone's going to do. It's the Wild West out
>>> there," Sterling said.
>>>
>>> Cutting in a ferry line is illegal and can result in a $139 fine if
>>> witnessed by local police or state troopers.
>>>
>>> Trooper Kevin Fortino, the public information officer for Washington
>>> State Patrol's Homeland Security Division, says he often works at
>>> Colman Dock. If he sees someone cut the line there, he may, depending
>>> on the circumstances, write a ticket, let a handful of cars load in
>>> front of the offender or even send the cutter to the back of the line.
>>>
>>> But line cutting is not a public safety priority and does not merit
>>> the resources that must first go to keeping boats and passengers
>>> safe, Fortino said.
>>>
>>> Last year, the State Patrol and the ferry system launched a campaign
>>> to educate people about the illegality of line cutting and the
>>> potential for fines. But there aren't enough officers to police ferry
>>> lines or launch lane-cutting stings, Fortino said.
>
> They could increase the fine to a more efficacious $140, and hire red
> state Walmart retired receipt checkers to enforce it and literally
> collect the fines on the spot. I'll bet they never had that in their
> calculus.
>
> And while they're at it, they should ban weapons of war and large
> magazines in ferry lines before ferrylinecutting rage turns into
> gunfights at the OK Ferrylines, and turns the PNW into the WWW (wild
> wild West).

They should give everyone a gun when they get in line and get it back
when the get off the ferry on the other side. That'd fix them damn line
cutter inners!

> Along with an abundance of caution, everything should be on the table,
> and no loophole should be left unplugged.
>
>>> Fortino noted there are legitimate reasons for people to cut in line.
>>>
>>> Some people have medical exemptions, he said, because they're going
>>> through grueling procedures in a Seattle medical center. Others are
>>> ferry employees trying to get to work. Keeping the boats running is
>>> one of the better ways to deal with line issues, he said.
>>>
>>> Additionally, some drivers have been led by GPS to tollbooths rather
>>> than the end of the ferry line, while others have been confused by
>>> signage, he said.
>>>
>>> Sterling said that while line cutting is not new, especially in
>>> summer's tourist season, the anger seems more intense.
>>>
>>> Law enforcement officers have told him that drivers, in general, seem
>>> angrier and more aggressive than before the pandemic."
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>>  Â Â Â  BINGO! We have a winner! This is what has been happening all
>>> over the country--everywhere. The whole nation has PTSD.
>>>
>>>  Â Â Â  I experienced the problem with the signs the last time we
>>> were in Seattle. The GPS was useless. Because of the construction at
>>> the terminal it was a complex maze to get to the toll booth and
>>> another maze to get to the boat. It looked like they were making
>>> frequent changes to the mazes so that no one got used to any one
>>> pattern.
>>>
>>> TB
>>
>> I can see how it could ruffle some feathers. I've  been across the
>> sound from several different locations but I have never seen this
>> once. Not denying it happens, though. I've waited in line for a long
>> time on many occasions. It is against the law and there are signs
>> indicating such. Not that it matters. They don't enforce many laws up
>> there in one of the hot beds of liberalism. If you can't get arrested
>> for destroying property I doubt you could get a ticket for line cutting.

Re: Ferry Rage

<hIIDK.97826$f81.41906@fx43.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15727&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15727

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 22:55:08 -0400
 by: bfh - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 02:55 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 7/24/2022 9:57 AM, bfh wrote:
>> George.Anthony wrote:

>> They could increase the fine to a more efficacious $140, and hire
>> red state Walmart retired receipt checkers to enforce it and
>> literally collect the fines on the spot. I'll bet they never had
>> that in their calculus.
>>
>> And while they're at it, they should ban weapons of war and large
>> magazines in ferry lines before ferrylinecutting rage turns into
>> gunfights at the OK Ferrylines, and turns the PNW into the WWW (wild
>> wild West).
>
> They should give everyone a gun when they get in line and get it back
> when the get off the ferry on the other side. That'd fix them damn
> line cutter inners!

If they're gonna do that, they should instead just give the would-be
handerouter a gun and let him shoot the line cutterinners. It'd be a
lot cheaper - they'd only have to buy and maintain one weapon of war
instead of dozens. You liberals always like to go the most dumbass and
expensive route.

--
bill

Re: Ferry Rage

<BfqdnZHH_vA8ZUL_nZ2dnUU7-L-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15730&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15730

Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 07:22:26 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09...@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 14:22 UTC

On 7/25/2022 7:55 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> They could increase the fine to a more efficacious $140, and hire red
>>> state Walmart retired receipt checkers to enforce it and literally
>>> collect the fines on the spot. I'll bet they never had that in their
>>> calculus.
>>>
>>> And while they're at it, they should ban weapons of war and large
>>> magazines in ferry lines before ferrylinecutting rage turns into
>>> gunfights at the OK Ferrylines, and turns the PNW into the WWW (wild
>>> wild West).
>>
>> They should give everyone a gun when they get in line and get it back
>> when the get off the ferry on the other side. That'd fix them damn
>> line cutter inners!
>
> If they're gonna do that, they should instead just give the would-be
> handerouter a gun and let him shoot the line cutterinners. It'd be a lot
> cheaper - they'd only have to buy and maintain one weapon of war instead
> of dozens. You liberals always like to go the most dumbass and expensive
> route.

Big brother can't see everything so having all the little brothers and
sisters armed would be more effective. Besides, who cares about cost?
Mexico will pay for it! HawHawHaw!