From: chi...@splcenter.org (Chimps)
Subject: Re: Waffle House Black Shooting in Indianapolis Leaves 1 Dead,
5 Injured
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 11:05:09 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food, alt.politics.nationalism.black, in.general,
talk.politics.guns, talk.politics.misc
 by: Chimps - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 10:05 UTC

On 30 Mar 2022, pothead <potheadbjoe@gmail.com> posted some
news:t22vtt$3bkgh$82@news.freedyn.de:

> Lock the zoo animals up at night.

Tragedy struck at a Waffle House location in Indianapolis on Monday
morning.

According to IndyStar, one person died and five others were injured at the
Waffle House in Indiana's capital around 12:30 a.m. on Monday. As police
were notified about the incident that took place on the 2600 block of
South Lynhurst Drive, it was reported that shots rang out after an
altercation between two groups in the restaurant.

At the location three men and two women suffered gunshot wounds. One woman
who was initially in critical condition later died. The victims were taken
to hospitals in the area for treatment, while a sixth victim, a man � who
either drove to the hospital or was driven from the scene by another
person � was also in critical condition.

According to a statement given to Fox 59 by Indianapolis Metropolitan
Police Dept. Capt. Don Weilhammer, a handgun was found at the scene while
another was recovered from a vehicle at Methodist Hospital.

No arrests have been made.

Waffle House has since stated that they are "cooperating fully with the
ongoing law enforcement investigation into this incident."

�We have had numerous people that stuck around and are acting as
witnesses. But we also believe there were several that were either at the
Speedway gas station behind us or at the Waffle House that left the scene
prior to our arrival,� Weilhammer said. �We�re hoping they�ll be willing
to come forward and give us information.�

Those with information about the altercation are encouraged to contact
Detective Douglas Morning at the IMPD Homicide Office at 317.327.3475 or
e-mail Douglas at Douglas.Morning@indy.gov. Media inquiries can be
submitted to IMPD.PublicAffairs@indy.gov .

Individuals can contact Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317.262.8477
or (TIPS) for anonymity. Locals can also download the P3tips app to
provide a tip via mobie, or visit to www.CrimeTips.org to submit a tip
online.

https://news.yahoo.com/entertainment/waffle-house-shooting-indianapolis-
leaves-201839642.html