Prizes are for children. -- Charles Ives, upon being given, but refusing, the Pulitzer prize

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / The coronavirus

SubjectAuthor
* The coronavirusbfh
`* Re: The coronavirusfilm...@gmail.com
 +* Re: The coronavirusbfh
 |`* Re: The coronavirusbfh
 | `* Re: The coronavirusGeorge.Anthony
 |  `- Re: The coronavirusbfh
 `- Re: The coronavirusJerry Osage

1
The coronavirus

<t3IEK.598650$ntj.114130@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15794&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15794

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Subject: The coronavirus
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 23:00:40 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 03:00 UTC

Omicron subvariant is a real wimp. All LA County had to do was
threaten to institute a mask mandate, and the damthing backed off.
Maybe if people just thought hard about getting vaxxed, they'd develop
immunity.
Follow the science.

--
bill

Re: The coronavirus

<f72132dc-6608-4f9c-82fd-db0c84779508n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15796&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15796

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 22:04:21 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The coronavirus
From: filmby...@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 05:04 UTC

On Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 8:00:43 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> Omicron subvariant is a real wimp. All LA County had to do was
> threaten to institute a mask mandate, and the damthing backed off.
> Maybe if people just thought hard about getting vaxxed, they'd develop
> immunity.
> Follow the science.
>
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

Trying to follow the science is difficult, as the goal posts are, at the end of the day, moving forward, constantly in motion... It can change as more info is gathered... However, what choice does one have, unless, like Jerry O., to just carry on as normal, and if you die, or land in some ER, with am exhaust size tube down you gullet for a few mos - That's just how the cookie crumbles! Which is more of a plucky cavalier attitude, than I have......

Wish I knew a couple of years ago, what my understanding about Covid is now! I'm still glad to have that magnetic, Bill Gates, devil juice, in me.... I have faith it must do some good.... Glad I delayed getting my 4th jab.. This new vaccine is supposed to be yugely improved.....

Dr. D. Livingston. IV

Re: The coronavirus

<G8LEK.141985$ze2.93485@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15797&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15797

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 02:31:02 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 06:31 UTC

film...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 8:00:43 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> Omicron subvariant is a real wimp. All LA County had to do was
>> threaten to institute a mask mandate, and the damthing backed
>> off. Maybe if people just thought hard about getting vaxxed,
>> they'd develop immunity. Follow the science.
>>
>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> Trying to follow the science is difficult, as the goal posts are,
> at the end of the day, moving forward, constantly in motion...

Except that in covid, the record shows that the goalposts also moved
backwards several times.

> It
> can change as more info is gathered... However, what choice does
> one have, unless, like Jerry O., to just carry on as normal,
> and if you die, or land in some ER, with am exhaust size tube
> down you gullet for a few mos - That's just how the cookie
> crumbles! Which is more of a plucky cavalier attitude, than I
> have......

I have a plucky cavalier attitude, but it didn't stop me from becoming
a quad vaxxer. I guess you just can't multitask or efficaciously ride
the bucking cognitive dissonance bronco anymore.

> Wish I knew a couple of years ago, what my understanding about
> Covid is now! I'm still glad to have that magnetic, Bill Gates,
> devil juice, in me... I have faith it must do some good.... Glad
> I delayed getting my 4th jab..

What?! Even without a literally plucky cavalier attitude, you didn't
follow the science? That's
outrageous.........damn.........waitaminnit...........with myownself
being a card carrying follow-the-science Quadvaxxer, are you implying
that my following the science disqualifies me from a 5th jab because I
followed the science? How literally unfair and dumbassed is that? Man,
you just can't trust these scientists with a political cattle prod in
standby mode up their sorry evolving ass. At the end of the day going
forward in the passage of time, it's getting harder to separate the
dogshit from the chocolate.

> This new vaccine is supposed to be
> yugely improved.....

Lot of supposed-to-be's drifting around these days.

--
bill

Re: The coronavirus

<fdv6eh5k8qabnd9cfdgrlod3lk7k0918fu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15798&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15798

From: Jerry Os...@osage.com
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 04:57:34 -0500
 by: Jerry Os...@osage.com - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 09:57 UTC

On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 22:04:21 -0700 (PDT), "film...@gmail.com"
<filmbydon@gmail.com> wrote:

> However, what choice does one have, unless, like Jerry O., to just carry on as normal, and if you die, or land in some ER, with am exhaust size tube down you gullet for a few mos - That's just how the cookie crumbles! Which is more of a plucky cavalier attitude, than I have......

Different culture, different attitude - but not plucky or cavalier -
just secure in one's self while marching to a different drummer. Some
are OK living their life in fear, but not me. I prefer to meet life head
on and count coup.

--

Jerry O.

Re: The coronavirus

<zCUEK.91515$Lx5.14033@fx02.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15802&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15802

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 13:17:18 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 29 Jul 2022 17:17 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On 7/28/2022 11:31 PM, bfh wrote:
>> film...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Trying to follow the science is difficult,  as the goal posts are,
>>> at the end of the day, moving forward, constantly in motion...
>>
>> Except that in covid, the record shows that the goalposts also moved
>> backwards several times.
>>
>>> It
>>> can change as more info is gathered...  However, what choice does
>>> one have,  unless,  like Jerry O.,  to just carry on as normal,
>>> and if you die,  or land in some ER,  with am exhaust size tube
>>> down you gullet for a few mos  -  That's just how the cookie
>>> crumbles!   Which is more of a plucky cavalier attitude,  than I
>>> have......
>>
>> I have a plucky cavalier attitude, but it didn't stop me from
>> becoming a quad vaxxer. I guess you just can't multitask or
>> efficaciously ride the bucking cognitive dissonance bronco anymore.
>>
>>> Wish I knew a couple of years ago,  what my understanding about
>>> Covid is now!  I'm still glad to have that magnetic,  Bill Gates,
>>> devil juice,  in me...  I have faith it must do some good....  Glad
>>> I delayed getting my 4th jab..
>>
>> What?! Even without a literally plucky cavalier attitude, you didn't
>> follow the science? That's
>> outrageous.........damn.........waitaminnit...........with myownself
>> being a card carrying follow-the-science Quadvaxxer, are you
>> implying that my following the science disqualifies me from a 5th
>> jab because I followed the science? How literally unfair and
>> dumbassed is that? Man, you just can't trust these scientists with a
>> political cattle prod in standby mode up their sorry evolving ass.
>> At the end of the day going forward in the passage of time, it's
>> getting harder to separate the dogshit from the chocolate.
>>
>>> This new vaccine is supposed to be
>>> yugely improved.....
>>
>> Lot of supposed-to-be's drifting around these days.
>>
>>> Dr. D. Livingston. IV
>>>

> Just out of curiosity.

Amazing. I thought you didn't care what anybody in here thought -
except to use it as a launching point for your own amusement.

> Could you please explain what your
> problem with science is now?

Nope - except to say here at the beginning of the afternoon going
forward toward darkrise, that I've (sorta) explained it repeatedly
during the pandemic years, and I'm not self-inclined to do it again
right now.........maybe later, after I've worked some more on
improving the efficacy of my messaging. And I'm also just trying to
self-participate in the RORT precedent of self-amusement.

> What goalpost do you think has been
> moved? Science, anti-viral medications and vaccinations are a big part
> of why the latest variation is a wimp.

I'm literally amazed and amused that you agree with me on the vax
part. That you agree on anything with someone in here other than
yourself has got to be a first in all of history. But hey. I could
have missed one while I was napping, and it might be the second time
in all of history. If, however comma the evidence from an efficacious
and transparent bipartisan analysis should clearly show that it turns
out to be the second time, I may have to reorient my world view and
reconsider - and possibly even go so far as to redefine - the metrics
of my self-calculated self-opinion of you.

--
bill

Re: The coronavirus

<tc1snr$3l3ka$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15815&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15815

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 19:07:23 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 00:07 UTC

This one's for you, Bill.

https://babylonbee.com/news/infographic-words-redefined-by-the-biden-administration?fbclid=IwAR14ispW3oUi2Jqz5havgrxpCCfPNzh3rkwyoXFgNbHtB-s8cAxCEgyVQYc

--
--------
Progressives... holding back progress since the dawn of time.

Re: The coronavirus

<mX_EK.620953$zgr9.32948@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15816&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#15816

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redy...@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 20:29:05 -0400
 by: bfh - Sat, 30 Jul 2022 00:29 UTC

George.Anthony wrote:
> On 7/29/2022 12:17 PM, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:

>>> Just out of curiosity.
>>
>> Amazing. I thought you didn't care what anybody in here thought -
>> except to use it as a launching point for your own amusement.
>>
>>> Could you please explain what your problem with science is now?
>>
>> Nope - except to say here at the beginning of the afternoon going
>> forward toward darkrise, that I've (sorta) explained it repeatedly
>> during the pandemic years, and I'm not self-inclined to do it again
>> right now.........maybe later, after I've worked some more on
>> improving the efficacy of my messaging. And I'm also just trying to
>> self-participate in the RORT precedent of self-amusement.
>>
>>> What goalpost do you think has been moved? Science, anti-viral
>>> medications and vaccinations are a big part of why the latest
>>> variation is a wimp.
>>
>> I'm literally amazed and amused that you agree with me on the vax
>> part. That you agree on anything with someone in here other than
>> yourself has got to be a first in all of history. But hey. I could
>> have missed one while I was napping, and it might be the second time
>> in all of history. If, however comma the evidence from an
>> efficacious and transparent bipartisan analysis should clearly show
>> that it turns out to be the second time, I may have to reorient my
>> world view and reconsider - and possibly even go so far as to
>> redefine - the metrics of my self-calculated self-opinion of you.
>>

> This one's for you, Bill.
>
> https://babylonbee.com/news/infographic-words-redefined-by-the-biden-administration?fbclid=IwAR14ispW3oUi2Jqz5havgrxpCCfPNzh3rkwyoXFgNbHtB-s8cAxCEgyVQYc

I like it. Can I keep it? Or will it literally disappear from my hard
drive in 3 days unless I use non-transitory autopay to subscribe to
something or other?

--
bill