When the English language gets in my way, I walk over it. -- Billy Sunday

interests / rec.pets.cats.anecdotes / Re: Buffy's Hiding Again

SubjectAuthor
* Buffy's Hiding Againjmcquown
`* Re: Buffy's Hiding AgainJudith Latham
 +- Re: Buffy's Hiding AgainJudith Latham
 `* Re: Buffy's Hiding Againjmcquown
  `* Re: Buffy's Hiding AgainJudith Latham
   `* Re: Buffy's Hiding Againjmcquown
    +- Re: Buffy's Hiding AgainCheryl
    +* Re: Buffy's Hiding Againcshenk
    |+* Re: Buffy's Hiding AgainJudith Latham
    ||`- Re: Buffy's Hiding Againcshenk
    |`* Re: Buffy's Hiding Againjmcquown
    | `* Re: Buffy's Hiding Againcshenk
    |  `- Re: Buffy's Hiding Againjmcquown
    `- Re: Buffy's Hiding AgainJudith Latham

1
Buffy's Hiding Again

<8iVqI.455744$2A5.445093@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=124&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#124

Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Subject: Buffy's Hiding Again
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 17:56:18 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Mon, 24 May 2021 21:56 UTC

Buffy started hiding again. Saturday she ate but not nearly as much as
she had been. I literally picked her up and set her in front of the
food. Nope. Yesterday she didn't eat. She did use the litter box
(there was poop and pee to scoop both morning and before I went to bed)
but she's mostly stayed out of sight since Sunday morning.

When I left for work this morning she was on a chair under the dining
room table. I gave her scritches, told her to eat! I had hoped she'd
come out and eat while I was at work today. I found her in the back
corner of the closet when I got home. She ate a little bit of the
gooshy food while I was at work but not much. All she wants to do is
sleep. :(

My poor Buffy girl could use some more purrs. Meanwhile, I need to make
another vet appointment. The predisone appeared to be making her feel
better but now... <sigh>

Jill

Re: Buffy's Hiding Again

<593251c8fdjudith@sick-of-spam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=126&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#126

From: jud...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Judith Latham)
Subject: Re: Buffy's Hiding Again
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 21:25:00 +0100
 by: Judith Latham - Tue, 25 May 2021 20:25 UTC

In article <8iVqI.455744$2A5.445093@fx45.iad>,
jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
> Buffy started hiding again. Saturday she ate but not nearly as much as
> she had been. I literally picked her up and set her in front of the
> food. Nope. Yesterday she didn't eat. She did use the litter box
> (there was poop and pee to scoop both morning and before I went to bed)
> but she's mostly stayed out of sight since Sunday morning.

> When I left for work this morning she was on a chair under the dining
> room table. I gave her scritches, told her to eat! I had hoped she'd
> come out and eat while I was at work today. I found her in the back
> corner of the closet when I got home. She ate a little bit of the
> gooshy food while I was at work but not much. All she wants to do is
> sleep. :(

> My poor Buffy girl could use some more purrs. Meanwhile, I need to make
> another vet appointment. The predisone appeared to be making her feel
> better but now... <sigh>

> Jill

Hi Jill

How is Buffy today? I do hope she's feeling a bit brighter. Would she take
food if you offered it from your fingers? Is she allowed anything lie
cream cheese. Sweep (RB) and Sophie (RB) both loved to lick Brie cheese
from my fingers. It's messy but just a thought that something different
and creamy might tempt her taste buds.

Mega purrs and prayers from here and I'll post to our FB friends too.

Hugs

Judi

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Re: Buffy's Hiding Again

<5932d252e1judith@sick-of-spam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=128&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#128

From: jud...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 20:49:00 +0100
 by: Judith Latham - Wed, 26 May 2021 19:49 UTC

In article <593251c8fdjudith@sick-of-spam.invalid>, Judith Latham
<judith@sick-of-spam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <8iVqI.455744$2A5.445093@fx45.iad>, jmcquown
> <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
> > Buffy started hiding again. Saturday she ate but not nearly as much
> > as she had been. I literally picked her up and set her in front of
> > the food. Nope. Yesterday she didn't eat. She did use the litter
> > box (there was poop and pee to scoop both morning and before I went
> > to bed) but she's mostly stayed out of sight since Sunday morning.

> > When I left for work this morning she was on a chair under the dining
> > room table. I gave her scritches, told her to eat! I had hoped she'd
> > come out and eat while I was at work today. I found her in the back
> > corner of the closet when I got home. She ate a little bit of the
> > gooshy food while I was at work but not much. All she wants to do is
> > sleep. :(

> > My poor Buffy girl could use some more purrs. Meanwhile, I need to
> > make another vet appointment. The predisone appeared to be making
> > her feel better but now... <sigh>

> > Jill

> Hi Jill

> How is Buffy today? I do hope she's feeling a bit brighter. Would she
> take food if you offered it from your fingers? Is she allowed anything
> lie cream cheese. Sweep (RB) and Sophie (RB) both loved to lick Brie
> cheese from my fingers. It's messy but just a thought that something
> different and creamy might tempt her taste buds.

> Mega purrs and prayers from here and I'll post to our FB friends too.

> Hugs

> Judi

Hi Jill. How is Buffy today?

I posted on FB rpca and they sent purrs from :
Suzanne Thompson, Brenda Watkins, Patti Gilson Stott, Mary Stormy Pletsch,
Steve Touchstone (he sent a lovely picture of cats nursing a poorly cat.
I'll see if I can send it via email), Kyla Waterman, Diane Mendenhall and
Lesley Madigan.

Also sent, Care emogis from :Kristi Chong, Steve Touchstone, kathryn
McMaster, Lena Westberg, Diane Welker, Gen Kiuchi, Kate Kaprosy, Kez
Chuplis, Victor Martinez and Suzanne Thompson.

Purrs and prayers.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Re: Buffy's Hiding Again

<7ZyrI.92958$qy1.82257@fx26.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=131&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#131

Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 17:21:05 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Wed, 26 May 2021 21:21 UTC

On 5/25/2021 4:25 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
> In article <8iVqI.455744$2A5.445093@fx45.iad>,
> jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Buffy started hiding again. Saturday she ate but not nearly as much as
>> she had been. I literally picked her up and set her in front of the
>> food. Nope. Yesterday she didn't eat. She did use the litter box
>> (there was poop and pee to scoop both morning and before I went to bed)
>> but she's mostly stayed out of sight since Sunday morning.
>
>> When I left for work this morning she was on a chair under the dining
>> room table. I gave her scritches, told her to eat! I had hoped she'd
>> come out and eat while I was at work today. I found her in the back
>> corner of the closet when I got home. She ate a little bit of the
>> gooshy food while I was at work but not much. All she wants to do is
>> sleep. :(
>
>> My poor Buffy girl could use some more purrs. Meanwhile, I need to make
>> another vet appointment. The predisone appeared to be making her feel
>> better but now... <sigh>
>
>> Jill
>
> Hi Jill
>
> How is Buffy today? I do hope she's feeling a bit brighter. Would she take
> food if you offered it from your fingers? Is she allowed anything lie
> cream cheese. Sweep (RB) and Sophie (RB) both loved to lick Brie cheese
> from my fingers. It's messy but just a thought that something different
> and creamy might tempt her taste buds.
>
> Mega purrs and prayers from here and I'll post to our FB friends too.
>
> Hugs
>
> Judi

Sorry for the late reply. I got home from work yesterday only to find
my internet connection was out and it didn't come back until just before
bedtime last night.

Unfortunately, Buffy isn't doing much better. I dropped her off at the
veterinary clinic before work today (her appointment was for 1:40pm, I
work 10-4). This time she saw the vet who did the teeth extractions.
Even without the biopsy, her blood work shows a higher elevation of
calcium than the last blood panel. He is certain the mass in her upper
jaw is a malignant tumor. He gave her a super duper steroid shot and
told me to discontinue the steroid drops I've been adding to her food.
He also gave her a 72-hour pain shot and sent me home with a week's
worth of pain meds to be given by mouth, every 12 hours starting on
Monday evening.

The oral pain medication comes in pre-measured doses in individual
syringes. When I expressed concerns about giving it to her he said,
"You don't have to pry her mouth open, just get it near her mouth and
squirt it. She'll get it."

My boss (yes, he's a keeper!) shooed me out of the office as soon as
they called to say Buffy was ready for me to pick her up.

When we got home Buffy immediately went to her water bowl to take a nice
long drink of water. Meanwhile, I dished up some fresh gooshy food and
when she finished drinking her fill she ate a few bites. :)

She's curled up on a pillow on the sofa behind me now. She's not hiding
and she did sleep curled up next to me last night. She sure wasn't
thrilled when I popped her into the carrier after I got dressed for work
this morning.

Unfortunately, I think time is slipping away. This time next month... :(

Jill

Re: Buffy's Hiding Again

<59335456bbjudith@sick-of-spam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=137&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#137

From: jud...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 20:29:07 +0100
 by: Judith Latham - Thu, 27 May 2021 19:29 UTC

In article <7ZyrI.92958$qy1.82257@fx26.iad>, jmcquown
<j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
> [...]

> syringes. When I expressed concerns about giving it to her he said,
> "You don't have to pry her mouth open, just get it near her mouth and
> squirt it. She'll get it."

> My boss (yes, he's a keeper!) shooed me out of the office as soon as
> they called to say Buffy was ready for me to pick her up.

> When we got home Buffy immediately went to her water bowl to take a nice
> long drink of water. Meanwhile, I dished up some fresh gooshy food and
> when she finished drinking her fill she ate a few bites. :)

> She's curled up on a pillow on the sofa behind me now. She's not hiding
> and she did sleep curled up next to me last night. She sure wasn't
> thrilled when I popped her into the carrier after I got dressed for work
> this morning.

> Unfortunately, I think time is slipping away. This time next month... :(

at least she's more comfortable now. Purrs and prayers. Hopefully you'll
have more quality time together.

Hugs

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Re: Buffy's Hiding Again

<LxUrI.309$iY.46@fx41.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=139&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#139

Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 17:53:46 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Thu, 27 May 2021 21:53 UTC

On 5/27/2021 3:29 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
> In article <7ZyrI.92958$qy1.82257@fx26.iad>, jmcquown
> <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:
>> On 5/25/2021 4:25 PM, Judith Latham wrote:

>>> Hi Jill
>>>
>>> How is Buffy today? I do hope she's feeling a bit brighter. Would she
>>> take food if you offered it from your fingers? Is she allowed anything
>>> lie cream cheese. Sweep (RB) and Sophie (RB) both loved to lick Brie
>>> cheese from my fingers. It's messy but just a thought that something
>>> different and creamy might tempt her taste buds.
>>>
>>> Mega purrs and prayers from here and I'll post to our FB friends too.
>>>
>>> Hugs
>>>
>>> Judi
>>>
>> Sorry for the late reply. I got home from work yesterday only to find
>> my internet connection was out and it didn't come back until just before
>> bedtime last night.
>
>> Unfortunately, Buffy isn't doing much better. I dropped her off at the
>> veterinary clinic before work today (her appointment was for 1:40pm, I
>> work 10-4). This time she saw the vet who did the teeth extractions.
>> Even without the biopsy, her blood work shows a higher elevation of
>> calcium than the last blood panel. He is certain the mass in her upper
>> jaw is a malignant tumor. He gave her a super duper steroid shot and
>> told me to discontinue the steroid drops I've been adding to her food.
>> He also gave her a 72-hour pain shot and sent me home with a week's
>> worth of pain meds to be given by mouth, every 12 hours starting on
>> Monday evening.
>
>> The oral pain medication comes in pre-measured doses in individual
>> syringes. When I expressed concerns about giving it to her he said,
>> "You don't have to pry her mouth open, just get it near her mouth and
>> squirt it. She'll get it."
>
>> My boss (yes, he's a keeper!) shooed me out of the office as soon as
>> they called to say Buffy was ready for me to pick her up.
>
>> When we got home Buffy immediately went to her water bowl to take a nice
>> long drink of water. Meanwhile, I dished up some fresh gooshy food and
>> when she finished drinking her fill she ate a few bites. :)
>
>> She's curled up on a pillow on the sofa behind me now. She's not hiding
>> and she did sleep curled up next to me last night. She sure wasn't
>> thrilled when I popped her into the carrier after I got dressed for work
>> this morning.
>
>> Unfortunately, I think time is slipping away. This time next month... :(
>
>> Jill
>
> at least she's more comfortable now. Purrs and prayers. Hopefully you'll
> have more quality time together.
>
> Hugs
>
> Judith

Thank you. Last night she slept curled next to me and when I woke up
she did upside-downy-head and purred and made me smile.

I do hope we will have more time together without her being in any sort
of pain. She is sitting on my lap right now, purring and feeling better
thanks to the pain meds. I'm giving her hugs and scritches every chance
I get. Unfortunately, she also thinks I'm going to pop her back into
the carrier and take her to the scary place where they poke and prod and
stick her with needles. When I go anywhere near where it's stored she runs.

Unfortunately, she's still not eating much. :( I have a liquid appetite
stimulant to add to her food but it doesn't do a heck of a lot of good
if she won't eat. What she doesn't understand is if she eats she'll
feel better and I *won't* pop her into that carrier and take her to the
scary place any time soon. <sigh>

Jill

Re: Buffy's Hiding Again

<ihbrb1F1gpsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=140&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#140

From: cperk...@mun.ca (Cheryl)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 06:56:56 -0230
 by: Cheryl - Fri, 28 May 2021 09:26 UTC

On 2021-05-27 7:23 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/27/2021 3:29 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
>> at least she's more comfortable now. Purrs and prayers. Hopefully you'll
>> have more quality time together.
>>
>> Hugs
>>
>> Judith
>>
> Thank you.  Last night she slept curled next to me and when I woke up
> she did upside-downy-head and purred and made me smile.
>
> I do hope we will have more time together without her being in any sort
> of pain.  She is sitting on my lap right now, purring and feeling better
> thanks to the pain meds.  I'm giving her hugs and scritches every chance
> I get.  Unfortunately, she also thinks I'm going to pop her back into
> the carrier and take her to the scary place where they poke and prod and
> stick her with needles.  When I go anywhere near where it's stored she
> runs.
>
> Unfortunately, she's still not eating much. :(  I have a liquid appetite
> stimulant to add to her food but it doesn't do a heck of a lot of good
> if she won't eat.  What she doesn't understand is if she eats she'll
> feel better and I *won't* pop her into that carrier and take her to the
> scary place any time soon. <sigh>

It's so impossible to explain to them that "this is for your own good!"
I'm glad she does seem to be feeling a little better and sleeping with
you instead of hiding away. Each day can be something to enjoy. I've
often thought that cats, unlike humans, don't spend time anticipating
the worst. They just live each day as it comes.

--
Cheryl

Re: Buffy's Hiding Again

<G-ydnQyEk6ja7Sz9nZ2dnUU7-VvNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=141&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#141

From: cshe...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 17:35:51 -0500
 by: cshenk - Fri, 28 May 2021 22:35 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> [...]
> >
> Thank you. Last night she slept curled next to me and when I woke up
> she did upside-downy-head and purred and made me smile.
>
> I do hope we will have more time together without her being in any
> sort of pain. She is sitting on my lap right now, purring and
> feeling better thanks to the pain meds. I'm giving her hugs and
> scritches every chance I get. Unfortunately, she also thinks I'm
> going to pop her back into the carrier and take her to the scary
> place where they poke and prod and stick her with needles. When I go
> anywhere near where it's stored she runs.
>
> Unfortunately, she's still not eating much. :( I have a liquid
> appetite stimulant to add to her food but it doesn't do a heck of a
> lot of good if she won't eat. What she doesn't understand is if she
> eats she'll feel better and I won't pop her into that carrier and
> take her to the scary place any time soon. <sigh>

Sorry to hear this Jill.

Meantime, I embark on a new mix with 2 dogs added here. They are
13YO's. 1 was a late spay with cancer already and not long for this
world. We give her a final real home instead of a cage. Her brother
is low vision due to cataracts.

Re: Buffy's Hiding Again

<59345c892fjudith@sick-of-spam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=144&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#144

From: jud...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 20:34:52 +0100
 by: Judith Latham - Sat, 29 May 2021 19:34 UTC

In article <G-ydnQyEk6ja7Sz9nZ2dnUU7-VvNnZ2d@giganews.com>,
cshenk <cshenk1@virginia-beach.net> wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

> > Thank you. Last night she slept curled next to me and when I woke up
> > she did upside-downy-head and purred and made me smile.
> >
> > I do hope we will have more time together without her being in any
> > sort of pain. She is sitting on my lap right now, purring and
> > feeling better thanks to the pain meds. I'm giving her hugs and
> > scritches every chance I get. Unfortunately, she also thinks I'm
> > going to pop her back into the carrier and take her to the scary
> > place where they poke and prod and stick her with needles. When I go
> > anywhere near where it's stored she runs.
> >
> > Unfortunately, she's still not eating much. :( I have a liquid
> > appetite stimulant to add to her food but it doesn't do a heck of a
> > lot of good if she won't eat. What she doesn't understand is if she
> > eats she'll feel better and I won't pop her into that carrier and
> > take her to the scary place any time soon. <sigh>
> >
> > Jill

> Sorry to hear this Jill.

> Meantime, I embark on a new mix with 2 dogs added here. They are
> 13YO's. 1 was a late spay with cancer already and not long for this
> world. We give her a final real home instead of a cage. Her brother
> is low vision due to cataracts.

It's lovely that you've taken in these dogs. May I thank you on their
behalf. I know they will have love and excellent care.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Re: Buffy's Hiding Again

<59345d1376judith@sick-of-spam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=145&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#145

From: jud...@sick-of-spam.invalid (Judith Latham)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 20:40:46 +0100
 by: Judith Latham - Sat, 29 May 2021 19:40 UTC

In article <LxUrI.309$iY.46@fx41.iad>,
jmcquown <j_mcquown@comcast.net> wrote:

snipped...

> > at least she's more comfortable now. Purrs and prayers. Hopefully
> > you'll have more quality time together.
> >
> > Hugs
> >
> > Judith
> >
> Thank you. Last night she slept curled next to me and when I woke up
> she did upside-downy-head and purred and made me smile.

> I do hope we will have more time together without her being in any sort
> of pain. She is sitting on my lap right now, purring and feeling better
> thanks to the pain meds. I'm giving her hugs and scritches every
> chance I get. Unfortunately, she also thinks I'm going to pop her back
> into the carrier and take her to the scary place where they poke and
> prod and stick her with needles. When I go anywhere near where it's
> stored she runs.

> Unfortunately, she's still not eating much. :( I have a liquid appetite
> stimulant to add to her food but it doesn't do a heck of a lot of good
> if she won't eat. What she doesn't understand is if she eats she'll
> feel better and I *won't* pop her into that carrier and take her to the
> scary place any time soon. <sigh>

> Jill

It's lovely she's behaving more normally and having some loving. If only
we could get them to understand it's for their own good.

I've read your post now about feeding her Sheba, purrs for her to pick up
now she's got food inside her.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Re: Buffy's Hiding Again

<TuednRMiIZYlJS_9nZ2dnUU7-QXNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=146&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#146

From: cshe...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 16:57:12 -0500
 by: cshenk - Sat, 29 May 2021 21:57 UTC

Judith Latham wrote:

> In article <G-ydnQyEk6ja7Sz9nZ2dnUU7-VvNnZ2d@giganews.com>,
> cshenk <cshenk1@virginia-beach.net> wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
>

> > > Thank you. Last night she slept curled next to me and when I
> > > woke up she did upside-downy-head and purred and made me smile.
> > >
> > > I do hope we will have more time together without her being in any
> > > sort of pain. She is sitting on my lap right now, purring and
> > > feeling better thanks to the pain meds. I'm giving her hugs and
> > > scritches every chance I get. Unfortunately, she also thinks I'm
> > > going to pop her back into the carrier and take her to the scary
> > > place where they poke and prod and stick her with needles. When
> > > I go anywhere near where it's stored she runs.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, she's still not eating much. :( I have a liquid
> > > appetite stimulant to add to her food but it doesn't do a heck of
> > > a lot of good if she won't eat. What she doesn't understand is
> > > if she eats she'll feel better and I won't pop her into that
> > > carrier and take her to the scary place any time soon. <sigh>
> > >
> > > Jill
>
> > Sorry to hear this Jill.
>
> > Meantime, I embark on a new mix with 2 dogs added here. They are
> > 13YO's. 1 was a late spay with cancer already and not long for this
> > world. We give her a final real home instead of a cage. Her
> > brother is low vision due to cataracts.
>
> It's lovely that you've taken in these dogs. May I thank you on their
> behalf. I know they will have love and excellent care.
>
> Judith

We are still working integration with our cat Luko. The girl is fine
but he's a bit of a problem.

Re: Buffy's Hiding Again

<OoVsI.55265$8O4.34741@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=150&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#150

Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 19:41:32 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Sun, 30 May 2021 23:41 UTC

On 5/28/2021 6:35 PM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> On 5/27/2021 3:29 PM, Judith Latham wrote:

>>> at least she's more comfortable now. Purrs and prayers. Hopefully
>>> you'll have more quality time together.
>>>
>>> Hugs
>>>
>>> Judith
>>>
>> Thank you. Last night she slept curled next to me and when I woke up
>> she did upside-downy-head and purred and made me smile.
>>
>> I do hope we will have more time together without her being in any
>> sort of pain. She is sitting on my lap right now, purring and
>> feeling better thanks to the pain meds. I'm giving her hugs and
>> scritches every chance I get. Unfortunately, she also thinks I'm
>> going to pop her back into the carrier and take her to the scary
>> place where they poke and prod and stick her with needles. When I go
>> anywhere near where it's stored she runs.
>>
>> Unfortunately, she's still not eating much. :( I have a liquid
>> appetite stimulant to add to her food but it doesn't do a heck of a
>> lot of good if she won't eat. What she doesn't understand is if she
>> eats she'll feel better and I won't pop her into that carrier and
>> take her to the scary place any time soon. <sigh>
>>
>> Jill
>
> Sorry to hear this Jill.
>
> Meantime, I embark on a new mix with 2 dogs added here. They are
> 13YO's. 1 was a late spay with cancer already and not long for this
> world. We give her a final real home instead of a cage. Her brother
> is low vision due to cataracts.

Thank you for taking them in, Carol. You are a kind person.

Jill

Re: Buffy's Hiding Again

<55GdnZBon7gEViv9nZ2dnUU7-aPNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=156&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#156

From: cshe...@virginia-beach.net (cshenk)
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 19:06:49 -0500
 by: cshenk - Wed, 2 Jun 2021 00:06 UTC

jmcquown wrote:

> On 5/28/2021 6:35 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:

> > > Thank you. Last night she slept curled next to me and when I
> > > woke up she did upside-downy-head and purred and made me smile.
> > >
> > > I do hope we will have more time together without her being in any
> > > sort of pain. She is sitting on my lap right now, purring and
> > > feeling better thanks to the pain meds. I'm giving her hugs and
> > > scritches every chance I get. Unfortunately, she also thinks I'm
> > > going to pop her back into the carrier and take her to the scary
> > > place where they poke and prod and stick her with needles. When
> > > I go anywhere near where it's stored she runs.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, she's still not eating much. :( I have a liquid
> > > appetite stimulant to add to her food but it doesn't do a heck of
> > > a lot of good if she won't eat. What she doesn't understand is
> > > if she eats she'll feel better and I won't pop her into that
> > > carrier and take her to the scary place any time soon. <sigh>
> > >
> > > Jill
> >
> > Sorry to hear this Jill.
> >
> > Meantime, I embark on a new mix with 2 dogs added here. They are
> > 13YO's. 1 was a late spay with cancer already and not long for this
> > world. We give her a final real home instead of a cage. Her
> > brother is low vision due to cataracts.
> >
> Thank you for taking them in, Carol. You are a kind person.
>
> Jill

Unfortunatly it didn't work. The male was barking and rushing Luko (up
to baby gate). We tried but they took them back.

Re: Buffy's Hiding Again

<tdStI.9592$341.9573@fx42.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=158&group=rec.pets.cats.anecdotes#158

Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2021 16:53:43 -0400
 by: jmcquown - Wed, 2 Jun 2021 20:53 UTC

On 6/1/2021 8:06 PM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Sorry to hear this Jill.
>>>
>>> Meantime, I embark on a new mix with 2 dogs added here. They are
>>> 13YO's. 1 was a late spay with cancer already and not long for this
>>> world. We give her a final real home instead of a cage. Her
>>> brother is low vision due to cataracts.
>>>
>> Thank you for taking them in, Carol. You are a kind person.
>>
>> Jill
>
> Unfortunatly it didn't work. The male was barking and rushing Luko (up
> to baby gate). We tried but they took them back.

I'm sorry to hear this. Perhaps only one at a time if there's a next
time. You never know how animals might (or might not) get along.

Jill