From: klaus.sc...@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Quasi-Celebrity Chef With No Medical Training Offers Medical Advice On Double Big Mac
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 05:05:09 -0800
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 13:05 UTC

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tv-chef-curtis-stone-mcdonalds-supersized-burger-should-health-warning

Chef Curtis Stone, who designed the menu for this weekend’s Screen
Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles, told Fox News Digital it is
"probably a good idea" for McDonald’s to put a "health warning" on its
Double Big Mac.

"You can eat fast-food once in a while," Stone said. "That’s up to
you, of course. I would just be careful with it."

Stone said consumers may assume that a fast-food company has "done its
due diligence or is being responsible when they serve [their food].
Some of these companies serve things that are just ridiculous and have
crazy caloric intakes, and I just don’t know that we need to be doing
that regularly."

No shit, Sherlock?

Are you telling us that we shouldn't eat a double Big Mac for every
meal for weeks at a time?

Are you saying the 780 calorie burger might not be health food?

Are you insinuating just because it has 48 grams of fat McDonald's
should issue a warning?

No such warnings for the 930 calorie Jack in the Box Bacon Ultimate
Cheeseburger and 65 grams of fat?

No klaxons going off for the Burger King 1170 calorie Burger King
Triple Whopper with its 80 grams of fat?

No alarm bells for the 1204 calorie Wendy's Dave's Triple with 81
grams of fat?

There is only one person here that might consider eating something
like that regularly, and he claims he's stopped because there is "too
much sauce" on it now, so he may have moved to regularly eating one of
these more "dangerous" burgers now.

Of course, he probably lied.

But most people are aware that a steady diet of fast food burgers is
not good for you.

Now shut the fuck up and go back to making your over-priced
Laubacher's Musquée de Provence.

Re: Quasi-Celebrity Chef With No Medical Training Offers Medical Advice On Double Big Mac

<n9hmtitii37fqaftevknv8ickbfqfqoo31@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=15885&group=alt.food.fast-food#15885

From: kw1...@kw.kw (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 05:49:51 -0800
 by: KWills - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 13:49 UTC

On Sat, 24 Feb 2024 05:05:09 -0800, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tv-chef-curtis-stone-mcdonalds-supersized-burger-should-health-warning
>
>Chef Curtis Stone, who designed the menu for this weekend’s Screen
>Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles, told Fox News Digital it is
>"probably a good idea" for McDonald’s to put a "health warning" on its
>Double Big Mac.
>
>"You can eat fast-food once in a while," Stone said. "That’s up to
>you, of course. I would just be careful with it."
>
>Stone said consumers may assume that a fast-food company has "done its
>due diligence or is being responsible when they serve [their food].
>Some of these companies serve things that are just ridiculous and have
>crazy caloric intakes, and I just don’t know that we need to be doing
>that regularly."
>
>No shit, Sherlock?

Clearly a membership in Mensa is a requirement for being a chef
now.

</sarcasm>

>Are you telling us that we shouldn't eat a double Big Mac for every
>meal for weeks at a time?
>
>Are you saying the 780 calorie burger might not be health food?

If that's all you have for the day, it would be fine as far as
calories go. And you'll definitely see some serious weight loss.
Unless you're so lazy you don't get off the couch much.

>Are you insinuating just because it has 48 grams of fat McDonald's
>should issue a warning?
>
>No such warnings for the 930 calorie Jack in the Box Bacon Ultimate
>Cheeseburger and 65 grams of fat?
>
>No klaxons going off for the Burger King 1170 calorie Burger King
>Triple Whopper with its 80 grams of fat?
>
>No alarm bells for the 1204 calorie Wendy's Dave's Triple with 81
>grams of fat?

While I didn't know the numbers, I knew, and know, none of them
would ever be considered health food.

>There is only one person here that might consider eating something
>like that regularly, and he claims he's stopped because there is "too
>much sauce"

Um, no. He says there's too much *souce.* Though the dullard has
yet to explain why no one else on earth is finding pickled pig parts
with their Big Macs.
It's almost as if he's been lying about souce being a part of the
burger the whole time.

>on it now, so he may have moved to regularly eating one of
>these more "dangerous" burgers now.
>
>Of course, he probably lied.

It's just short of guaranteed.

>But most people are aware that a steady diet of fast food burgers is
>not good for you.
>
>Now shut the fuck up and go back to making your over-priced
>Laubacher's Musquée de Provence.

Can he get the proper pumpkins for it? I'm certainly no expert,
but my understanding is musque de provence squash is only available in
France. Yes, they can be shipped, but the quality would diminish
greatly.

--
Push to test.

<click>