From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.birds
Subject: Great Backyard Bird Count
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2023 22:29:27 -0600
 by: super70s - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 04:29 UTC

From the monthly mag my local power company sends out:

Great Backyard Bird Count
Feb. 17-20 - birdcount.org

Join the global bird count this February by participating in the Great
Backyard Bird Count, or GBBC! A collective initiative by the Cornell Lab
of Ornithology, National Audubon Society and Birds Canada, the GBBC
helps scientists better understand and track bird populations across not
only the United States or North America but around the globe.

The bird count runs from Friday, Feb. 17, to Monday, Feb. 20.
Participants are encouraged to spend 15 minutes or more out in their
favorite places in nature on one of these four days and take time to
identify the birds they see, count them and submit a list of the birds
they find to eBird, online at ebird.org.

In 2021, over 6,400 bird species were identified during the GBBC with an
unprecedented nearly 380,000 participants. Join the ranks to increase
participation even more this year!

For more information on the GBBC or to participate in the count this
month, visit birdcount.org. For more information on bird data collected
all over the world, visit ebird.org.

Re: Great Backyard Bird Count

<trrtnt$378jb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=161&group=rec.birds#161

From: j_mcqu...@comcast.net (jmcquown)
Newsgroups: rec.birds
Subject: Re: Great Backyard Bird Count
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 17:07:56 -0500
 by: jmcquown - Mon, 6 Feb 2023 22:07 UTC

On 2/5/2023 11:29 PM, super70s wrote:
> From the monthly mag my local power company sends out:
>
> Great Backyard Bird Count
> Feb. 17-20 - birdcount.org
>
> Join the global bird count this February by participating in the Great
> Backyard Bird Count, or GBBC! A collective initiative by the Cornell Lab
> of Ornithology, National Audubon Society and Birds Canada, the GBBC
> helps scientists better understand and track bird populations across not
> only the United States or North America but around the globe.
>
> The bird count runs from Friday, Feb. 17, to Monday, Feb. 20.
> Participants are encouraged to spend 15 minutes or more out in their
> favorite places in nature on one of these four days and take time to
> identify the birds they see, count them and submit a list of the birds
> they find to eBird, online at ebird.org.
>
> In 2021, over 6,400 bird species were identified during the GBBC with an
> unprecedented nearly 380,000 participants. Join the ranks to increase
> participation even more this year!
>
> For more information on the GBBC or to participate in the count this
> month, visit birdcount.org. For more information on bird data collected
> all over the world, visit ebird.org.

Thanks for the reminder! :)

Jill in Southern South Carolina