Subject: Re:_Trump’s_tax_cuts_helped_billionaires_pay_less
_than_the_working_class_for_first_time
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphow...@usermail.com (Frank Howell)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 11:03:19 -0700
 by: Frank Howell - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 18:03 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:

> "Trump’s tax cuts helped billionaires pay less than the working class
> for first time
>
> Economists calculate richest 400 families in US paid an average tax rate
> of 23% while the bottom half of households paid a rate of 24.2%
>
> Donald Trump’s tax package the top 0.1% of US households were granted a
> 2.5% tax cut that pushed their rate below that of the lower 50% of US
> earners.
>
> Wed 9 Oct 2019 11.51 EDT
>
> They were billed as a “middle-class miracle” but according to a new book
> Donald Trump’s $1.5tn tax cuts have helped billionaires pay a lower rate
> than the working class for the first time in history.
>
> In 2018 the richest 400 families in the US paid an average effective tax
> rate of 23% while the bottom half of American households paid a rate of
> 24.2%, University of California at Berkeley economists Emmanuel Saez and
> Gabriel Zucman calculate in their new book, The Triumph of Injustice.
>
> Taxes on the rich have been falling for decades. In 1960 the 400 richest
> families paid as much as 56% in taxes, by 1980 the rate had fallen to
> 40%. But Trump’s tax cuts – his most significant legislative victory –
> proved a tipping point.
> [snip]
>
> https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/oct/09/trump-tax-cuts-helped-billionaires-pay-less
>

>      So, for the retrumplicans, a $1.5 trillion tax cut for the ultra
> rich is no big deal. But $300 billion for people who are making less
> than $125,000 is.
>
> TB
Googling "bottom 50% pay what?" Comes back with 3% on average for the
working class. Where do you get your data, from the Guardian?

--
Frank Howell

Re: Trump’s tax cuts helped billionaires pay less than the working class for first time

<teb9bf$29f5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=16215&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#16215

From: ganth...@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re:_Trump’s_tax_cuts_helped_billionaires_pay_le
ss_than_the_working_class_for_first_time
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 15:10:23 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 20:10 UTC

On 8/26/2022 1:03 PM, Frank Howell wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>
>> "Trump’s tax cuts helped billionaires pay less than the working class
>> for first time
>>
>> Economists calculate richest 400 families in US paid an average tax
>> rate of 23% while the bottom half of households paid a rate of 24.2%
>>
>> Donald Trump’s tax package the top 0.1% of US households were granted
>> a 2.5% tax cut that pushed their rate below that of the lower 50% of
>> US earners.
>>
>> Wed 9 Oct 2019 11.51 EDT
>>
>> They were billed as a “middle-class miracle” but according to a new
>> book Donald Trump’s $1.5tn tax cuts have helped billionaires pay a
>> lower rate than the working class for the first time in history.
>>
>> In 2018 the richest 400 families in the US paid an average effective
>> tax rate of 23% while the bottom half of American households paid a
>> rate of 24.2%, University of California at Berkeley economists
>> Emmanuel Saez and Gabriel Zucman calculate in their new book, The
>> Triumph of Injustice.
>>
>> Taxes on the rich have been falling for decades. In 1960 the 400
>> richest families paid as much as 56% in taxes, by 1980 the rate had
>> fallen to 40%. But Trump’s tax cuts – his most significant legislative
>> victory – proved a tipping point.
>> [snip]
>>
>> https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/oct/09/trump-tax-cuts-helped-billionaires-pay-less
>>

>>       So, for the retrumplicans, a $1.5 trillion tax cut for the ultra
>> rich is no big deal. But $300 billion for people who are making less
>> than $125,000 is.
>>
>> TB
> Googling "bottom 50% pay what?" Comes back with 3% on average for the
> working class. Where do you get your data, from the Guardian?

Made up, as usual.

--
Liberals fear Donald Trump more than they fear climate change.