Newsgroups: soc.history.war.misc,rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,or.politics
From: a425cou...@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: German foreign minister says there is no possibility of negotiations
with Putin
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 12:21:15 -0700
 by: a425couple - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 19:21 UTC

from
https://news.yahoo.com/german-foreign-minister-says-no-190900964.html

German foreign minister says there is no possibility of negotiations
with Putin
271
The New Voice of Ukraine
Sat, July 15, 2023 at 12:09 PM PDT·2 min read
In this article:

Vladimir Putin
Vladimir Putin
President of Russia

Annalena Baerbock
German politician and minister of foreign affairs
German Foreign minister Annalena Baerbock
German Foreign minister Annalena Baerbock
German Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock has rejected the possibility
of negotiations being conducted with Russian dictator Vladimir Putin,
whom she said was waging a cruel war of aggression in Ukraine.

Baerbock gave her view in an interview with German newspaper Bild
published on July 15.

Read also: Germany to announce new military aid package for Ukraine at
NATO summit – Pistorius

When asked whether it is possible to hold talks with Putin, Baerbock
answered "no."

"I wish we could come to an agreement. But at the moment, it's not about
what we want, but about the fact that we need to face the truth... And
this is a cruel Russian war of aggression," the minister said.

When asked whether she foresees the fall of the Putin regime in the near
future, Baerbock replied that she does not have such information and
does not know how long the war will last.

Read also: Germany provides more military aid to Ukraine

"I have no idea. This is exactly the point. We don't know when this war
will end. We do not know what is happening in Russia. Because we are not
dealing with a country that, like us, is fortunately democratic," she said.

It was reported on July 11 that the Federal Government of Germany had
prepared a new package of military aid for Ukraine. According to the
sources of the German publication Der Spiegel, a delivery of air defense
equipment, infantry fighting vehicles, ammunition and drones worth EUR
600 million is planned.

Der Spiegel wrote that the most valuable item in this package may be the
Patriot air defense systems and the missiles for them.

During the NATO summit in Vilnius on July 12, Ukrainian President
Volodymyr Zelenskyy met with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz and announced
an agreement on the supply to Ukraine of additional Patriot launchers
and missiles for them from Germany.

Scholz said on July 14 that the value of arms supplies to Ukraine from
Germany since the start of the full-scale invasion of Russia would reach
a total of about EUR 17 billion by 2027.

Story continues